What must an UNBELIEVER "DO" to "BE" "SAVED"?

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

DEFINITIONS:

1. UNBELIEVER:

2 CORINTHIANS 6:15 (NASB)
Or what harmony has Christ with Belial (devil), or
what has a "believer" in common with an "unbeliever"?

who is an unbeliever...Greek 571...apistos...unbelieving, incredulous...without trust (in God)

has a believer...Greek 4103...pistos...believing, confiding, trusting
B.in the NT one who trusts in God's promises
i.one who is convinced that Jesus has been raised from the dead
ii.one who has become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and author of salvation

2. "DO" :

Acts 26: (NASB)...Paul and Silas Imprisoned
25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God,
and the prisoners were listening to them;
26 and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened. 27 When the JAILER awoke and saw the prison doors opened,
he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped.
28 But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying,
“Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!”
29 And he (JAILER) called for lights and rushed in,
and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 and after he brought them out, he said,

>>“Sirs, what must I "DO" to be "SAVED"?”<<

NOTE: The Jailer was "Converted"/SAVED!

31 They said,
>>“Believe in the Lord Jesus,
and you will be (certain to be) saved, you and your household.”<<...

34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly,
having believed in God with his whole household.

(Sorry. No EVIDENCE of babies or baptisms)

John 6 (NASB)...Jesus Words to the Curious People
26 Jesus answered them and said,
“Truly, truly, I say to you,
you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
27 "Do not work" for the food which perishes,
(NO SALVATION BY MAN'S "WORKS ON HIS OWN = "filthy rags"... Isaiah 64:6)
but for the food which endures to "eternal (spiritual) life,
which the Son of Man will GIVE to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”
28 Therefore they said to Him,
>>>“What shall we "DO", so that we may "work" the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them,
>>“This is the work of God, that you BELIEVE in Him whom He has SENT.” (DEITY)

Let's round up the "usual suspects": Doctrines of Salvation
What are they?

1. saved by what we "DO"/works on our own
2. "repentance" of some sort is a pre-requisite for salvation
3. ritual water baptism is a pre-requisite for salvation
4. public "confession" of belief (coming forward) is a pre-requisite for salvation
5. declaration of / dedication to "LORDSHIP" is a pre-requisite for salvation
6. God does it all, Man is passive
7. John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2 is all that is necessary for salvation

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes but Paul clarifies it further in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 where he is reaffirming what is required to the church of Corinth . And that is one portion of scripture I include when bringing someone to the Lord. Why ? Because it speaks of death burial and resurrection, what Jesus did for us that we might be saved. If he had not risen then we would have a false belief system. If we believe that He rose again, if we trust in Jesus, we are saved. Because even the devil himself knows that Jesus exists. A new believer needs to know what Jesus did for us and trust in Him and Call on His name and you shall be saved Romans 10:13: King James Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is what I did myself, I called out myself to Jesus in the lowest time in my life ( 1979) and my whole life changed. But I already knew that He died, was buried and rose again, I just didn't trust in Him, call on Him or pray through Him as I did from then on and still do. You know you are saved when your life changes. You know that He had been waiting for you all along.

On another note, there is so much power in the name of Jesus, it casts out devils and demons from our lives if we believe and we use his name. We have authority under the name of Jesus as believers to to do that. Just last week I had some notions in my head, wondering if it was from the Lord or that dark serpent and I was getting very anxious. The Lord says "be anxious for nothing", so I suspected this was not from Him. So I said out load " in the name of Jesus Christ get away from me Satan, leave my presence now", and I pointed outside. Instantly I was at peace and those thoughts left me. I could literally feel Satan leave. No series of priestly visits, no counseling sessions with church fathers, no prayer list to say 25 times or some such thing, but that simple command. And this was a serious issue I had on my mind. Oh ya, Satan was doing a number on me, he will try anything to derail us.. He has lost our souls forever and knows that but if he can render us useless he will take that.

• Agree
Reactions: macek
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

DEFINITIONS:

1. UNBELIEVER:

2 CORINTHIANS 6:15 (NASB)
Or what harmony has Christ with Belial (devil), or
what has a "believer" in common with an "unbeliever"?

who is an unbeliever...Greek 571...apistos...unbelieving, incredulous...without trust (in God)

has a believer...Greek 4103...pistos...believing, confiding, trusting
B.in the NT one who trusts in God's promises
i.one who is convinced that Jesus has been raised from the dead
ii.one who has become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and author of salvation

2. "DO" :

25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God,
26 and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened. 27 When the JAILER awoke and saw the prison doors opened,
he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped.

31 They said,
>>“Believe in the Lord Jesus,
and you will be (certain to be) saved, you and your household.”<<...

34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly,

I DO...Greek 4160...poieō...A.to act rightly, do well...i.to carry out, to execute

be saved...Greek 4982...sōzō...save ONE (from injury or peril)
i.to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
ii.to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

31 They said,
“Believe in the Lord Jesus,
and you will be (certain to be) saved, you and your household.”...

John 6 (NASB)...Jesus Words to the Curious People
26 Jesus answered them and said,
“Truly, truly, I say to you,
you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.
27 "Do not work" for the food which perishes,
(NO SALVATION BY MAN'S "WORKS ON HIS OWN = "filthy rags"... Isaiah 64:6)
but for the food which endures to "eternal (spiritual) life,
which the Son of Man will GIVE to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”
28 Therefore they said to Him,
>>>“What shall we "DO", so that we may "work" the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them,
>>“This is the work of God, that you BELIEVE in Him whom He has SENT.” (DEITY)

Let's round up the "usual suspects": Doctrines of Salvation
What are they?
Start with the one who makes the promise is faithful

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes but Paul clarifies it further in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 where he is reaffirming what is required to the church of Corinth . And that is one portion of scripture I include when bringing someone to the Lord. Why ? Because it speaks of death burial and resurrection, what Jesus did for us that we might be saved. If he had not risen then we would have a false belief system. If we believe that He rose again, if we trust in Jesus, we are saved. Because even the devil himself knows that Jesus exists. A new believer needs to know what Jesus did for us and trust in Him and Call on His name and you shall be saved Romans 10:13: King James Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is what I did myself, I called out myself to Jesus in the lowest time in my life ( 1979) and my whole life changed. But I already knew that He died, was buried and rose again, I just didn't trust in Him, call on Him or pray through Him as I did from then on and still do. You know you are saved when your life changes. You know that He had been waiting for you all along.

On another note, there is so much power in the name of Jesus, it casts out devils and demons from our lives if we believe and we use his name. We have authority under the name of Jesus as believers to to do that. Just last week I had some notions in my head, wondering if it was from the Lord or that dark serpent and I was getting very anxious. The Lord says "be anxious for nothing", so I suspected this was not from Him. So I said out load " in the name of Jesus Christ get away from me Satan, leave my presence now", and I pointed outside. Instantly I was at peace and those thoughts left me. I could literally feel Satan leave. No series of priestly visits, no counseling sessions with church fathers, no prayer list to say 25 times or some such thing, but that simple command. And this was a serious issue I had on my mind. Oh ya, Satan was doing a number on me, he will try anything to derail us.. He has lost our souls forever and knows that but if he can render us useless he will take that.

Are you sure it was actually Satan and not just bad thoughts? Negative thoughts can weigh you down, sometimes physically, even though it's all in your head.

Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I very much echo the words that bother Dave G. posted. We have been given the authority by our Lord Jesus Christ over demons and principalities of darkness. We are to rebuke the forces of enemy in Jesus name and cancel all their assignments over us. Its a part of becoming God's warriors.

KJV/The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Ephesians said:
6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the
rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil
day, and having done all, to stand.
6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of
righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 6:16 Above all,
taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all
perseverance and supplication for all saints;

As for salvation of unbeliever, the short of it is to accept Jesus as your savior and call upon His name, also to do the works as Jesus commanded us, to love God and to love one another as Jesus loved us.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you sure it was actually Satan and not just bad thoughts? Negative thoughts can weigh you down, sometimes physically, even though it's all in your head.
Yes because it left when I cast him out. My own thoughts would continue to plaque me. That's part of the test of casting out Satan. If it hadn't worked I'd have some thinking and praying to do, but it worked instantly. Also, I had witnessed recently to a young woman deer in our lives who is not saved, so that persons soul right now is Satans. If he could get me off track and into doubts in my own life, I may not be free to work with her in the future. You do have a valid point though, not all negative thoughts are of Satan or Demons. This was, I thought so by the pit in my stomach I was experiencing. But think about this, even if it is in our minds and we start to have some outward signs, oh how Satan can grab onto that and start producing trash in your life.

But there is this ( besides the scripture macek already posted): John 8:36: King James Bible
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

And this:
Mark 16:15,17:
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature... And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils."

As a disciple in Jesus Christ in faith we can do that:
Matthew 17:19-20:

"Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Acts 2, after Peter convicted his hearers of their sins and pricked their hearts so they asked Peter what shall we do. Peter commanded them to repent and be baptized, v38.

In Acts 10, Cornelius is told to send for Peter for "he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do." Peter commanded Cornelius to be water baptized, vs 47,48

In Acts 16 when the jailer asked what he must do to be saved, he was commanded to believe. And after he was taught what to believe (v32) he repented (washed stripes) and was baptized, (v33)

In Acts 22, after a bright light shone upon Saul, Saul asks "What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do." In the city, Saul was commanded by Ananias to be baptized (v16).

No one was ever told to "not to do any works else you are trying to merit salvation" but instead each was given a command to DO. Matthew 7:21 those that DOETH are the ones that enter the kingdom of heaven; those that LABOR are the ones that will have everlasting life, John 6:27

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But the labor ( works) comes after the salvation. You can't work your way to salvation, lest any man should boast: 2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.. Also Ephesians 2:9: King James Bible
Not of works, lest any man should boast. We should include Eph 2:8-9
Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When those asked what they must do, none were saved until AFTER they did what they were told to do. No one was told to "do nothing" as many so called "preachers" today would tell people.

Jesus said in John 6:27 to labor unto everlasting life and not to labor because you already have everlasting life.
Eph 2:9, works of merit will not save but obedient works in DOING the will of the Father is what saves/one enters the kingdom of heaven, Matthew 7:21.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law". Find the truth in the Bible NOW! Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved!?! Spiritually discern: John 3 + Ephesians 2. Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all "hearts" (spirits?), and understands every intent of the "thoughts". (souls)
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; BUT
if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus) who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (DEITY!)

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who "hears" My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;
9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR:
1. Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!
2. Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body (/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)

• Winner
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
Here is God's simple way to be saved.
You are a sinner, your heart is wrong, you cannot save yourself, you are already condemned.
The thing you are to do then, to be saved, is to simply:trust the Lord Jesus with that matter.
When you do trust Him, then you have God's promise,
"Thou shalt be saved."

NOT SAVED BY "GOOD WORKS" Of Man on his own
Of course, you do not deserve salvation.(Nothing Man can "DO" can commend himself to God)
There is nothing you can "DO" that will make you worthy of it (salvation).
You cannot be saved by keeping the OT "Ten Commandments", Mosaic "Law", and/or NT commandments/precepts for the Scripture clearly shows that you have not/cannot kept them.
Romans 3:20; Galatians 3:11; Titus 3:5

We had as well admit, then, that no man deserves saving and no man can save himself.
Salvation must be "free" (to ACCEPT) or the sinner could never get it.
In fact, it takes blood to pay for sin, for the Scripture says:

"Without Shedding of Blood Is No Remission" Hebrews 9:22 SEE ALSO: 1 Peter 1:18,19

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6.

"All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

WHAT ABOUT REPENTANCE?

Mark 1:4
John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of "repentance" for the "forgiveness of sins".

of repentance...Greek 3341...metanoia...
a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

Does not the Bible say that we must repent? Yes, the Bible plainly says that "God ... commandeth all men every where to repent" (Acts 17:30), and again, "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3, 5). This was the preaching of John the Baptist, of Jesus, of Peter and of Paul, that men should repent. And certainly repentance is God's plan of salvation. The trouble here, however, is that men misunderstand what repentance means, and there has grown up an idea that repentance means a period of weeping and mourning over sin, or sorrow for sins. This idea comes from the Douay Version of the Bible which instead of "repent" says "do penance." So the place of inquiry, where people should be taught the plan of salvation from the Bible, in revival meetings, became "the mourner's bench" and thousands of people have been taught that God would not hear their prayer nor forgive their sins until they went through a process of sorrow and mourning over their sins!

...God is anxious for you to have a penitent, broken heart over your sins. You have gone away from God. You have trampled under foot the blood of Jesus Christ, wasted years of your life which you can never live over again. ... There is plenty for you to weep over, and I am not surprised if you feel deep shame and sorrow in your heart that you have so mistreated the God who made you and the Saviour who died for you....

You ought to be sorry for your sins and ashamed of them. "Godly sorrow worketh repentance" (2 Corinthians 7:10)--the right kind of sorrow leads to immediate repentance, but mourning is not itself repentance.

INSTANT SALVATION!
The jailer did not go through a period of mourning. He was told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ;
he did just that and was saved, and his whole family was saved the same way, immediately, the same hour of the night.

Everywhere you look through the New Testament you find that people were saved all AT ONCE without any process, without any period of mourning.

Zacchaeus, up a tree, trusted Jesus and made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully
(Luke 19:6-9).
Jesus said, "This day is salvation come to this house."

When Peter told Cornelius and his assembled household that they could be saved by believing,
immediately "while Peter yet spake these words," the Scripture says, the Holy Spirit came on them and they were happily saved (Acts 10:44-48).

The thief on the cross, wicked sinner that he was, who a few minutes before had been railing at Jesus,
was saved immediately when he inquired of Jesus (Luke 23:42, 43).

John 1:35-49, we see where Andrew, Simon Peter, Philip and Nathanael were all converted, one by one,
immediately by faith in Christ. There is no record of any person in Bible times who was ever told to wait, or mourn, or weep over his sins before trusting

Jesus and being saved!

One who believes in Christ HAS repented! Repentance and faith are the same thing put in different words, and neither requires a long period of time, nor a process of mourning and sorrow.

Salvation is instantaneous. All that keeps you today from being saved is the wickedness of your heart that holds on to sin and will not run to Jesus to trust in Him for salvation.
I beg you, turn in shame and sorrow from your sins this minute, and trust in Christ and be saved!

REF: What Must I Do To Be Saved? -by Dr. John R. Rice

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's do a TRUE (T) or FALSE (F) "Test"!!

Doctrines of Salvation: What are they?
4. public "confession" of belief (coming forward) is a pre-requisite for salvation
5a: "Ask Jesus into Your Heart" saves
6. John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2 is all one needs

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let's do a TRUE (T) or FALSE (F) "Test"!!

Doctrines of Salvation: What are they?
5a: "Ask Jesus into Your Heart" saves
6. John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2 is all one needs

1) False - one is saved by "DOING" God's commands- Romans 10:3
2) True, the impenitent will be lost Luke 13:3; Romans 2:4-5
3) True, God has chosen water baptism as the point where sins are remitted, where He removes the body of sin Acts 2:38; Colossians 2:11-12
4) True - Matthew 10:31-32; Romans 10:9-10
5) if 5 and 5a refer to "sinner's prayer" then that is false
6) John chapter 3 and Ephesians 2 contain information on how to be saved but they do not exhaust all the bible has to say about salvation. When one examines 'all the counsel of God" Acts 20:27 one finds he needs to hear (Romans 10:17) believe (John 8:24) repent (Luke 13:3) confess (Matthew 10:32-33) and submit to water baptism (Mark 16:16).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do not search forever or try on your own to keep the "Law". Find the truth in the Bible NOW! Focus on: What must I do to be spiritually changed...saved!?! Spiritually discern John 3 + Ephesians 2. Read ALL written by John the Elder: Gospel, Letters,Revelation.

Being saved and becoming a "child of God" (believer) is Man's spiritual CHOICE:

1 Chronicles 28:9...King David to his son:
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.
If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;
BUT if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today,
that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Man's spirit must ACCEPT the spiritual calling/drawing of God!

Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become "children of God"...(SAVED!)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, (Jesus) who came from (DEITY!) the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me DRAWS him;
and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, (enquiring disciples)
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

John 5:24 (all NASB)...(Jesus:)"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who SENT (DEITY!) Me, has eternal life,
and does not come into judgment, but "has passed" out of death into life.(NOW!)

1 John 3:14..We (believers) know that we "have passed" out of death into life..(NOW!)

Luke 7:50...And He said to the woman (CAUGHT IN SIN), "Your faith "has" "saved" you; go in peace." (NOW!)

Ephesians 2: 4-5,8-10
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
5 MADE US ALIVE with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace (unmerited Love/Mercy/favor) you have been saved.
8 For by GRACE (Love/Mercy) you have been SAVED through FAITH;
and that (FAITH/BELIEF) not of yourselves,
it is the (spiritual) GIFT of God;
9 NOT as a result of WORKS, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

LOOK FOR: Save/Salvation in your Bible searches!Learn about "substitutionary atonement"...What Jesus the Christ, the Divine Messiah, the God-Man did FOR you!

For Christ died FOR (ALL) sins once FOR ALL (MANKIND) (FOR ALL time),
the righteous (Jesus)
FOR the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation / salvation)
He was put to death in the body(/Soul on the Cross)
but made alive by the Spirit, (resurrection, appearances, ascension)

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Q: How does a unbeliever "get saved"?...saved from spiritual eternal separation from God unto "eternal life"?

A: Saving by Grace through spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF

Romans 10: 8-12 (NASB)
...for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”...

Acts 16: 30-31 (NIV)..RE:paul and Silas in prison...
He (jailor) then brought them out and asked,
"Sirs, what must I do to be SAVED?" (spiritually?)
They replied, "BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus, and you WILL be saved—you and your household."

For Christ died for sins ONCE FOR all, the righteous (Jesus) for the unrighteous (Mankind),
to bring you to God. (reconciliation/salvation)
He was put to death in the body (crucifixion)
but made alive by the Spirit.(resurrection, appearnaces. ascension)

Yet to all who RECEIVED him,
to those who BELIEVED in His name, (Jesus the Christ)
He gave the right to become CHILDREN of God...
The Word (logos) became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only,(Jesus)
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3 ...extracts...Jesus: BELIEF / FAITH
'You must be born again (spiritually from above).'
The wind blows wherever it pleases.
You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. (spirit!...not physical "baptism")
So it is with everyone BORN of the Spirit....(NEED fulfilled...a NEW LIFE... CHANGED SPIRIT)
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert,
so the Son of Man must be lifted up, (crucified?)
that everyone who BELIEVES in Him may have "eternal life".(salvation)

Luke 19 : 1-10 (NASB)...sinner man Zaccheus Converted by Jesus
after he offers to return money...
9 And Jesus said to him,
“Today salvation has come to this house,
because he, too, is a son of Abraham. (saved by FAITH!...Hebrews 11)
10 For the Son of Man has come
to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Matthew 16: 24-27 (NASB) Jesus: Christ-following Is Spiritually Costly...(extracts: parens + caps mine)
24 Then Jesus said to His DISCIPLES, (saved believers!)
“If anyone wishes to COME AFTER Me (use Me as an example and model), he MUST:
>>1. deny himself, AND (spiritually put God, family, neighbors, world...BEFORE SELF)
>>2. take up his cross AND (spiritually bear sacrificial burdens of trusting and obeying and serving, etc)
>>3. follow Me. (spiritually imitate the perfect example of Jesus and His precepts)
25 For whoever wishes to save his (spiritual) life will lose it;
but whoever loses his (earthly) life for My sake will find it.
26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole (material) world and forfeits his soul (/spirit)?
Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul (/spirit)?
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, (Second Coming !)
and will then repay every man (believer?) according to his deeds. (Judgment of the Believer's Works after salvation)

Acts 2:21
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else;
for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men
by which we must be saved.”

Upvote 0