Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Back home after a nightshift. Having a relaxing breakfast listening to the music of Taize. Perfect just before going to sleep!

This is beautiful and quieting....

How lovely.

Thank you.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I was having a conversation at housegroup the other day about our personal choices of music within the church. We have various services on a Sunday ranging from traditional liturgies and hymns to modern songs - some with the organ, others with a small music group or a full band. Everyone has their own preference, but what we debated was that we should value the way the church functions as a whole, rather than the 'service' we belong in.

I have a penchant for traditional music. There are some new songs I really like but there are some I don't enjoy as much. I still offer to play at any of the services and will serve wherever I'm asked to. Everyone has different ways of worshipping that help them to praise and focus on God - and I always remember that the willingness to take part and serve others is our primary act of worship and the heart of everything that we do.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One that is very precious in that it is right smack from the heart praise and thankfulness to God AND a solid and powerful ministry to those in prison, and reminds me of the verse where Jesus said "you visited me in prison".

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Wonderful encouragement and inspiration!
I love this song. I've got it in my hymn book - I'm going to have a go at playing it on the piano later...

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's the song I will use to remember my Confirmation vows.
I pray God's blessing upon you,Anthony. AoG do not practice confirmation,so I am not confirmed in the Anglican way,but converted,baptised in water and filled with the Holy Spirit and growing in grace to love and serve. God bless you in all you do for Him!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I pray God's blessing upon you,Anthony. AoG do not practice confirmation,so I am not confirmed in the Anglican way,but converted,baptised in water and filled with the Holy Spirit and growing in grace to love and serve. God bless you in all you do for Him!
I have many great Christian brothers and sisters, including yourself, who have come to faith in Jesus, been baptised and filled with the Holy Spirit. It is wonderful having fellowship with you all!

• Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0