What more can we bear?

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides what we can learn from the Bible, what more can we bear?

John 16:12-13 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13. However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

John 16:12-13 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13. However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.
We need revelation from the Lord Jesus via the Holy Spirit. Such revelation will never contradict the word of God. Revelation is the specific knowing that we need individually. The Bible is the complete revelation of everything that God deems it necessary for believers to know. A lifetime is way to short for us to know it all.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need revelation from the Lord Jesus via the Holy Spirit. Such revelation will never contradict the word of God. Revelation is the specific knowing that we need individually. The Bible is the complete revelation of everything that God deems it necessary for believers to know. A lifetime is way to short for us to know it all.
Since we are in the 'deeper fellowship' portion of the forum, do you have a revelation you wish to share; particularly in relation, to yourself, which could have been at the time bordering on what you could bear?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Since we are in the 'deeper fellowship' portion of the forum, do you have a revelation you wish to share; particularly in relation, to yourself, which could have been at the time bordering on what you could bear?
I do, yes. But since it comes under the "Personal Prophecy" area, I don't think it could be posted in this forum, but is supposed to be confined to the personal blogs section. But thanks for the invite, anyhow. :)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Sure. I was suffering a physical problem that the doctor said I was stuck with for life. It was debilitating and just wretched. I said the Lord that I could not handle it for the rest of my life. He said to me, "You do not have to. Take one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow for each day has enough trouble of its own. And as Paul said, forget what lies behind."

I could handle one day. I'd get to the end of the day and say, "I've made it." I refused to look ahead and I refused to look at the day just passed. This went on for several weeks until the hospital called and said that there was a procedure that could fix the problem. A month later, my ordeal was over. This was about 3-1/2 years ago. You have no idea how relieved I was (there is a pun in there). But I'd learned an important lesson.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure. I was suffering a physical problem that the doctor said I was stuck with for life. It was debilitating and just wretched. I said the Lord that I could not handle it for the rest of my life. He said to me, "You do not have to. Take one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow for each day has enough trouble of its own. And as Paul said, forget what lies behind."

I could handle one day. I'd get to the end of the day and say, "I've made it." I refused to look ahead and I refused to look at the day just passed. This went on for several weeks until the hospital called and said that there was a procedure that could fix the problem. A month later, my ordeal was over. This was about 3-1/2 years ago. You have no idea how relieved I was (there is a pun in there). But I'd learned an important lesson.
Wow. Thanks for sharing.

It brings back memories.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
REPENTANCE, more than I can bear.

Before my first repentance (1988) I spent 34 days, one day for every year of my life, on writing a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself. On the 35th day I admitted to God, to myself, and another human being the exact nature of my wrongs.

To be exposed and vulnerable from my deepest secrets, regrets, and remorse was the toughest thing I had ever face. A few times during the inventory making, I felt suicidal. Luckily I prearranged to have a support person for such difficult times.

My list of wrongs seemed like huge boulders blocking any view of hope. After my repentance, the boulders were cleared away, and I could see a distant horizon for the first time. After a while I started to see more, ten times more, smaller sins of my past. These were like large stumbling blocks between me and the horizon of salvation. There were too many for any person to make a list. So I decided to do 'on the spot' repentance with God whenever they came to mind. Also, if a had the opportunity to contact anybody who was involved with my sin, I would make my amends to them. Have been doing this for about 30 years. Today, my stumbling blocks are tiny in comparison, and they mostly belong to the present time/situation.

If I realized the thousands of sins accumulated during my first 34 years of life, I would not be able to bear the weight of it all. I am glad that I have stood the course required of me. The freedom from personal fears has been ongoing. Each step towards my horizon of salvation, the glorious vista keeps re-birthing beyond my imagination. God is all my love.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What more can we bear?

God's-will instead of self-will.

To surrender our need to control our life, let alone other people, places, things and situations, to suit our personal wants, issues and agendas. If things don't go our way, can we bear it?

God's-will for Jesus Christ was crucifixion, and Christ beared it.
Surely we could bear the daily things that don't go our way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What you have to remember is that the Apostles/Disciples WERE NOT "Born again" Christians - yet Nobody was. Jesus was still alive, and the Holy Spirit indwelled NOBODY, and only "came upon" individuals rarely.

AFTER John 20:22, however it was a whole new ball game, and jesus could "Open their understanding" to what the Scriptures REALLY meant (Luke 24:45).

"Bearing adversity" isn't what the scripture is about. That's what your FAITH (if it's Biblical FAITH) will do for you.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you have to remember is that the Apostles/Disciples WERE NOT "Born again" Christians - yet Nobody was. Jesus was still alive, and the Holy Spirit indwelled NOBODY, and only "came upon" individuals rarely.

AFTER John 20:22, however it was a whole new ball game, and jesus could "Open their understanding" to what the Scriptures REALLY meant (Luke 24:45).

"Bearing adversity" isn't what the scripture is about. That's what your FAITH (if it's Biblical FAITH) will do for you.
Thank you Bob.
Understanding scripture is on thing, and it is already laid down in word, for all to read and examine. However, Jesus told his disciples
"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
which implies that there is more than what is already written in scripture. Yes, the Holy Spirit will pass on what is bearable, by God's will and time for us to hear and bear.

So I am asking 'what more can we bear' since becoming a Christian. Once, all could not bear solids, and first raised on milk. In these sub-forums of Christian Growth and Deeper Fellowship, what solids have we been able to bear?

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Bob.
Understanding scripture is on thing, and it is already laid down in word, for all to read and examine. However, Jesus told his disciples
which implies that there is more than what is already written in scripture. Yes, the Holy Spirit will pass on what is bearable, by God's will and time for us to hear and bear.

So I am asking 'what more can we bear' since becoming a Christian. Once, all could not bear solids, and first raised on milk. In these sub-forums of Christian Growth and Deeper Fellowship, what solids have we been able to bear?

How about the MOST IMPORTANT thing - i.e. that the Born again Christian IS PERFECT BEFORE GOD with the very perfection of Christ Himself!!! I've found VERY few Christians that REALLY Believe this or have a grip on what it means for them.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the MOST IMPORTANT thing - i.e. that the Born again Christian IS PERFECT BEFORE GOD with the very perfection of Christ Himself!!! I've found VERY few Christians that REALLY Believe this or have a grip on what it means for them.
What does that mean for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.