What moral/ethical issues arise if Jews and Palestinians are genetically similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea what relevance it has if Jews and Palestinians are genetically close, it's not really that surprising either if you think about it.

The cover up, if true, probably has more significance, I have my thoughts on the matter but it would be pure speculation and pretty ugly, so I'll keep it to myself.

Why raise the question, and what are you doing digging up a guardian article that is 7 years old?

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The main thrust of the paper dealt with something most people, certainly geneticists, already know - Palestinians and Jews are genetically similar. The objection to the paper was to the terms the author used, considered politically incorrect, as in referring to 'concentration camps' for Palestinians. The objection was not to known facts regarding Semitic genes.

Are you trying to make this old article a bone of misunderstood contention?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I brought it up because they seem to be two groups of the same people at perpetual war with each other. Some might call that an ethical issue.

Neighbors generally go to war with each other more than people at opposite ends of the world. And they tend to be more closely related to each other than people at opposite ends of the world too.

Upvote 0

platzapS

Expanding Mind
Nov 12, 2002
Sunshine State
Visit site
✟5,263.00
Faith
Humanist
The last time I checked, everyone was genetically similar.

Did something change?

All people are genetically similar, but (Jews/Palestinians) are inhuman monsters, and you wouldn't be blinded to that if you weren't such a (racist Zionist oppressor/Islamofascist terrorist sympathizer).:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think, ethically, there is nothing of significance.

Many Arabs within Israel love Israel and regard it as one of the few places that they can enjoy freedom and liberty. There are Muslims in the Knesset.

Nothing can change the fact that Israel is a just nation and Palestine is on the verge of fanatical fundamentalist lunacy (sounds like the name of a Moonspell song...)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.