Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All like to quote Matt 3:11 and NOT Matt 3:12 and never say what the last part of Matt says .
He shall baptize you with ( the word THE is not in the Greek text ) HOLY GHOST and FIRE , and what does that mean ??

#1 WHOSE / HOS is a Relative Pronoun , where the subject of the sentence is the same .

#2 FAN / PTYON is in the Nominative case .

#3 HIS / AUTOS is a PERSONAL POSSESIVE PRONOUN are things controlled by a specific person .

#4 HAND / CHEIR and He will throughly purge is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD which say , it is a FACT .

#5 The Greek word GATHER / SYNAGO is also in The Greek FUTURE TENSE , WHY ??

#6 And he will GATHER his WHEAT is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE , meaning only wheat , which are Jews , WHEN happens during the GREAT TRIBULATION .

#7 And He WILL BURN UP / KATAKAIO in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and is limited to only Chaff that will be burned up . Reminds me of the parable of wheat and Tares .

#8 The Greek FIRE / PUR , speaks of JUDGEMENT and not of good times .

#9 The FUTURE TENSE is used because Israel has been SET ASIDE , see Isa 6:1-18 and also 2 Cor 3:13-18 .

dan p

Last edited:

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All like to quote Matt 3:11 and NOT Matt 3:12 and never say what the last part of Matt says .
He shall baptize you with (the word 'THE' is not in the Greek text) HOLY GHOST and FIRE. What does that mean ??

#1 WHOSE / HOS is a Relative Pronoun , where the subject of the sentence is the same .
#2 FAN / PTYON is in the Nominative case .
#3 HIS / AUTOS is a PERSONAL POSSESIVE PRONOUN are things controlled by a specific person .
#4 HAND / CHEIR and He will throughly purge is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD which say, it is a FACT .
#5 The Greek word GATHER / SYNAGO is also in The Greek FUTURE TENSE, Why ??
#6 And He will GATHER His WHEAT is in the ACCUSATIVE CASE, meaning only wheat, which are Jews , WHEN? happens during the GREAT TRIBULATION .
#7 And He WILL BURN UP / KATAKAIO in the ACCUSATIVE CASE and is limited to only Chaff that will be burned up . Reminds me of the parable of wheat and Tares .
#8 The Greek FIRE / PUR , speaks of JUDGEMENT and not of good times .
#9 The FUTURE TENSE is used because Israel has been SET ASIDE, see Isa 6:1-18 and also 2 Cor 3:13-18 .

dan p
'I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but He that cometh after me is mightier than I,
whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: (
symbolic)
Whose fan is in His hand,
and He will throughly purge His floor, (
during the Great Tribulation)
and gather His wheat into the garner;
but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.' (
literal)
(Mat 3:11:12)

Hello Dan Perez,

I find it difficult to follow all of the grammatical terms, and be able to understand what you are saying, Dan, but I thank you for them. I agree that verse 11 is more palatable to most people: but, I agree, that it is important to read both verses in order to understand what is being referred to.

* The word, 'He', in 'He shall baptise you' is emphatic, meaning He Himself and no other.
* He will baptize with the Holy Ghost (phuema hagion), i.e., Holy Spirit, or, 'power from on high'.
* Without the article, 'the,' it never means 'The Holy Spirit' Himself, but the gifts He gives.
* The word, 'unquenchable fire' (v.6), is a figure of speech, meaning, 'yea, with a burning (or purifying) spirit too, separating the chaff from the wheat' (v.12), (not mingling them together in water).
* The word, 'fire', in verse 11, is symbolic.
* Whereas, 'fire' in verse 12 is literal; for destruction, and not for purging.
* God 'fans' to get rid of the chaff. (Matthew 3:12)
* Satan 'sifts' to get rid of the wheat. (Luke 22:31)
[These helpful points I found in my Bible marginal notes ('The Companion Bible' KJV).]

** Have I missed your point entirely, Dan Perez? :) Are you saying that the reference to the Lord Jesus Christ baptising with the Holy Ghost and with fire in verse 11, refer to the end of the age?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟193,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but He that cometh after me is mightier than I,
whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: (
symbolic)
Whose fan is in His hand,
and He will throughly purge His floor, (
during the Great Tribulation)
and gather His wheat into the garner;
but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.' (
literal)
(Mat 3:11:12)

Hello Dan Perez,

I find it difficult to follow all of the grammatical terms, and be able to understand what you are saying, Dan, but I thank you for them. I agree that verse 11 is more palatable to most people: but, I agree, that it is important to read both verses in order to understand what is being referred to.

* The word, 'He', in 'He shall baptise you' is emphatic, meaning He Himself and no other.
* He will baptize with the Holy Ghost (phuema hagion), i.e., Holy Spirit, or, 'power from on high'.
* Without the article, 'the,' it never means 'The Holy Spirit' Himself, but the gifts He gives.
* The word, 'unquenchable fire' (v.6), is a figure of speech, meaning, 'yea, with a burning (or purifying) spirit too, separating the chaff from the wheat' (v.12), (not mingling them together in water).
* The word, 'fire', in verse 11, is symbolic.
* Whereas, 'fire' in verse 12 is literal; for destruction, and not for purging.
* God 'fans' to get rid of the chaff. (Matthew 3:12)
* Satan 'sifts' to get rid of the wheat. (Luke 22:31)
[These helpful points I found in my Bible marginal notes ('The Companion Bible' KJV).]

** Have I missed your point entirely, Dan Perez? :) Are you saying that the reference to the Lord Jesus Christ baptising with the Holy Ghost and with fire in verse 11, refer to the end of the age?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
And those I use the KJV , I also have the CAMPANION also and have W C BULLINGER 3 volumes of FIGURE OF SPEECH if you want to see what FIGURES OF SPEECH mean .

In verse 11 , figures for purifying and cleansing .

Verse 12 is a literal fire that is meant ,

You can google all of he CASES and PRONOUNS to find their meaning .

dan p

Upvote 0