sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry that you will have to go through this first Christmas without her. I haven't lost my parents but have lost my in laws. We always remember something that she would do during the season....or a special recipe that she would make. We love to tell stories that would just make them feel closer to us at that time and our love for them. It's good for the kids as well....two of mine don't even really know them so it just makes them real.
Remember all the good times.......I will pray for you as you come into this your first season......:pray: :hug:

Upvote 0

thriftyEvie

when your down,look up ^ :)
Feb 28, 2009
new york
✟20,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thank you for your prayers. we just received mom's tombstone on Wednesday of this week on her grave, sorry, but it is still too hard to except yet. I just am having a really a truly hard time w/ it yet, never even seen her gravestone yet.

Mom always had oranges setting out on Christmas morning with cloves in them to make our living room smell so awesome, I truly miss that,but now I try to do that that for my boys. I am so thrilled to know that she is finally at rest w/ our Lord.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you going to wait until after Christmas to see her tombstone? I can't even imagine losing my mom....so all I can say is I will really pray for you and your family. I don't want anything that I say to be just words.....but I do want to say....celebrate the life that she lived....all the wonderful things that she did for you and your family. Do the oranges....I think it would really bring her close to you during this time. Also celebrate the fact (and I know that this is hard) but she is spending her first Christmas with the Lord....think about the angels and the singing that they are doing up there and she is joining in....I think that personally that would give me some comfort. My sister in law died in a terrible car accident 3 years ago and that is how I remember her....up in heaven....talking everyone ears off and making them laugh! She was my very best friend (that one that is a kindred spirit kind) and I remember sitting around the tree in the dark, drinking cappacino, listening to Christmas music....great memories that I had of her.....
Prayers and prayers to all those who have lost loved ones this year! :prayer:

Upvote 0

thriftyEvie

when your down,look up ^ :)
Feb 28, 2009
new york
✟20,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it's so unbelievable hard, not to pick up the phone and just call her every week. Now, with Christmas approaching and my birthday on Wednesday,I am just finding it truly difficult.
I do try to think about what she and dad are doing in Heaven. It's excited to think that my parents are both with the Lord.
thanks for responding back.:wave:

Upvote 0

virtualgirl

Jul 27, 2007
✟39,001.00
I'm sorry about your mom, Evie. I know how difficult it is to have to celebrate Christmas without a loved one.

My uncle passed away 11/17 and then my grandma (His mom) passed away on 11/20. It's going to be very strange not having them at our Christmas Eve get together.

I will pray for you right now. :groupray:

Upvote 0