What makes on "righteous", or what makes one "good"...?

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Let your light so shine before men".
Absolutely.
Just a thought, though; Jesus is the light of the world, John 8:12 and his light is the light of men, John 1:4. If we have the life that Jesus came to bring and we have him in us - we have his light shining through us. :idea:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the words righteous and good have to be defined first.

What is righteousness?
What is goodness?

I believe to understand the answer those questions, this question must be answered first;

Question; would righteousness and goodness still exist if God didn’t exist?

Question; would one and one still be two, if God didn’t exist?

I believe the answer to both the above two questions are the same, for the same reason(s).

When the answer is known and understood.

The only answer that as to what righteousness and goodness is is;

Order and disorder.

(My thinks)

Much love in Christ, Not me

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" (Romans 6:16).

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should (or would) walk in them (or for us to walk in them, by Him and not (of) us) (if you conversion was ever 100% genuine and real and true, or if you ever truly saved at all) anyway, lest anyone should boast, ect...

Ephesians 2:8-9 "
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of (your own) works, (or any works done out of and under your own power and strength or will or ability) lest anyone should boast.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

And if you are righteous or good, what makes you so...?

And, what makes you so different from those who are not or what are those differences...?

And, then, is it in any due to you, or your choices, or your actions, or your decisions, or "whatever", or is it in any way due to you at all, IOW's...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
A person grows nearer to the justice and perfection God created him for to the extent that he loves God with his whole heart, soul, mind, and strength and his neighbor as himself.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to Scripture, every one is judge for their deeds from all their life.
Is someone raised without TORAH
does what is right without TORAH,
they are justified, according to Scripture;
if someone with TORAH,
does not do what is right according to TORAH,
they are UNjustified,
according to Yahweh's Word, Plan and Purpose.

If someone does what is right, according to TORAH, they die, becasue they are
not acting in faith.

Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Romans 7:6
But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Ephesians 2:1

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should (or would) walk in them (or for us to walk in them, by Him and not (of) us) (if you conversion was ever 100% genuine and real and true, or if you ever truly saved at all) anyway, lest anyone should boast, ect...

Ephesians 2:8-9 "
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of (your own) works, (or any works done out of and under your own power and strength or will or ability) lest anyone should boast.

God Bless!

Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about "Works Alone Salvationism" that did not include God's grace. These are man directed works because they are boasting in these kinds of works. A Christian does not take sole credit for any good work God does through the believer. Any boasting by a believer for a good work is their boasting in the Lord.

Ephesians 2:10 is talking about God directed works after a person is saved by God's grace.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, that is said to be the beginning or wisdom, cause I don't know either, (if it, or anything (that we are, or were, or become, ect) is in any way whatsoever due to us at all or not) and am trying to find out...?

If our will is any way involved or plays a part at all or not, ect...?

Or is our will just and "illusion" (or delusion) IOW's...?

God Bless!

Man has Free Will and God controls the motion of each electron in Creation.
It is impossible to reconcile the two.

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Colossians 1:17
And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And if you are righteous or good, what makes you so...?

And, what makes you so different from those who are not or what are those differences...?

And, then, is it in any due to you, or your choices, or your actions, or your decisions, or "whatever", or is it in any way due to you at all, IOW's...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

God's decision.

Upvote 0

Little John

A merry man of the Lord
Dec 27, 2018
Dalby
Visit site
✟15,468.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Righteousness, is a synonym of virtuousness. God IS love, that's His divine nature. It's who, what, why and how He is and TRUE love is not religious, He is absolutely virtuous. ABSOLUTELY holy, peaceful, graceful, gracious, assertive, caring, charitable, compassionate, confident, considerate, cooperative, courageous, courteous, creative, determined, dignified, diligent, enthusiastic, faithful, flexible, forgiving, friendly, generous, gentle, helpful, honest, honorable, humble, idealistic, integral, joyful, kind, loyal, moderate, modest, noble, orderly, patient, persevering, purposeful, reliable, respectful, responsible, self-disciplined, tactful, thankful, tolerant, trusting, trustworthy, truthful, understanding and wise.

These are the virtuous characteristics (fruits) of His divine nature and what makes one a perfect gentleman or gentlewoman of true love, a true, saintly (righteous) character, when you are in the presence of His divine nature (Holy Ghost), in absolute, supernatural power and glory.

When you experience the true presence of God, in absolute, supernatural power and glory, you know beyond the shadow of any doubt, that it's all about the nature of things and He makes it all perfectly clear and exceedingly simple.

Everything is either from His divine nature of absolute, true love and His true love's characteristic virtuousness (righteousness), or from the sinful, instinctual nature of "the flesh" and its characteristic pride, vanity, envy, selfishness, ambition, greed, lust, desire for creature comforts and/or fear for survival.

When you stand before the Lord of Love, for the judgement of your character, He won't give a fig for what you think you know, how many scriptures you managed to memorise and can recite like a parrot, number of good works you did, your race, religion or politics, etc. He only has eyes for what's in your heart, the inner nature that governs and rules your thoughts, words and deeds, and forms your character and whether it's God's divine nature of absolute, undying, true love and its characteristic virtuousness (righteousness), or your instinctual nature and its characteristic pride, vanity, envy, selfishness, ambition, lust, desire for creature comforts and/or fear for survival, "the beast" of instinct.

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness (virtuousness) of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (and other characteristics of the instinctual nature). - 2 Peter 1:1-4

Read more at In All Love

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@ Everyone

How much is God, and how much is us...? Or how much is God's part and How much is our part...?

And if any of it is our part at all, do we get some of the credit (glory) for that...? And does that credit, if we get any at all, does any of that take away from God getting the "sole credit (or all the glory) alone" or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Little John

A merry man of the Lord
Dec 27, 2018
Dalby
Visit site
✟15,468.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You can read the 52 virtues (righteous characteristics) of the one, true God of absolute, TRUE love on my website: The Virtues of True Love, beginning with assertiveness (boldness).
assertiveness.jpg

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, if it is in any way due to us, he does not get all the credit, not all of it...

God Bless!

You're chasing your tail and trying to get everyone else to chase your tail with you.

If the pot satisfactorily performs its function as designed, that's all on the potter, not on the pot, no matter how much you keep trying to make it about the pot.

Upvote 0

Little John

A merry man of the Lord
Dec 27, 2018
Dalby
Visit site
✟15,468.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You're chasing your tail and trying to get everyone else to chase your tail with you.

If the pot satisfactorily performs its function as designed, that's all on the potter, not on the pot, no matter how much you keep trying to make it about the pot.
I agree. God wants us to be able to stand on our own two feet and act from our own free will, that's why He gave it to us.

When He gives birth to a soul (heart of hearts) in the supernatural, He breathes His life into it. Which means, He fills it with all the knowledge and awareness of His divine nature and characteristics of absolute love and virtuousness.

The reason He does this, is because your soul is the seed of His divine nature and so all your inspiration will come from absolute, true love and be expressed with majestic virtuousness, and you will grow into an absolutely perfect gentleman or gentlewoman of His true love, a TRUE saintly character.

The religious, legal eagles only know what's written in the scriptures (letter of the law) and have not experienced the supernatural presence of God's divine nature and characteristics, the true character of Christ, and all they know, they only know from what they have and can see, hear, smell, taste and touch, through the natural senses of "the flesh", as they haven't experienced the overwhelming sensation of His absolute, undying, virtuous and majestic, true love, that transforms every aspect of your character in the twinkle of and eye and makes you feel like a mighty, mighty, noble, dignified, gracious, humble king, beyond anything you can imagine in your wildest imagination or ever hope to become, in your own strength.

Everyone knows the truth, the way and the life (true way of life) in His eternal presence, realm and reality of absolute, true love and virtuousness, because He planted in their heart of hearts before they were born. Which is why I don't stand at a pulpit playing teacher, trying to teach people what they already know. I just try and awaken them to what they already know to be true, in their heart of hearts (soul). Know what I'm talking about?

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The slave to sin is made righteous by imputed and imparted righteousness. It is a righteousness which is alien to the slave of sin, but when granted by God, changes both his bad record and his bad heart. It is the cheif characteristic which identifies him as God's workmanship and as a new creature in Christ.
This righteousness is inherited to us from Jesus' perfect righteousness whereby we are justified in the court of Heaven, enabled to mourn over our sin, and love God from our hearts.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Titus 2:14
Romans 4:25-25

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

So you believe it is all God and none of us then...? That all of it on the potter and none of is on us basically, or what...? And no real, true, free will in that case or what...?

And I'm not trying to chase my tail or get anyone else to, I just want to know what part, (if any part), is us, and how much of a part is God, or what is all God's part...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Little John

A merry man of the Lord
Dec 27, 2018
Dalby
Visit site
✟15,468.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's not dispute among us. That's neither virtuous or scriptural. Let us communicate like gentlemen, with courtesy, graciousness and humility. For your reactions reveal your pride.

Let me humbly share with you, a vision I had, many, many years ago, that really helped me to understand all this clearly and which the Lord recently informed me, was a premonition and representation of His endtime movement, the marching of the saints.

Firstly, there is a difference between true visions from God and revelations. Revelations happen IN your imagination, whereas visions from God, happen around you and come from and are always of, His Image-Nation (Kingdom).

I was standing on what seemed like palace steps and behind me was what seemed like a palace or cathedral. To my left, on the step up from the one I was standing on, stood Jesus and at the bottom of the steps was an avenue, along which came a procession.

First came a large group of people, singing and dancing with absolute joy and abandon, so much joy and such a sense of freedom, that I can't possibly describe it. The lord said to me, "these are the household servants".

After them, came the champions of faith, all the saints that had lived in the world and had forsaken all for God, Christ and the kingdom. They were riding white stallions and both them and their horses were of such a majestic stature, that it took my breath away. The lord said, "these are the lights of the realm, My champions of faith."

After they'd ridden past, I ran down the steps and stood in the middle of the avenue, watching them as they rode on. I called out to the lord, "Lord, this is where I want to be. I don't care if all you want me to do is shovel the manure from the horses as they ride past, I want to live here."

Then all of a sudden, I found myself sitting on a throne and felt like a king. I looked out and there was a rose garden and a gardener on his hands and knees, tending the garden. He looked up at me and as our eyes connected, I was the gardener looking at the king.

The lord then said to me, "what anyone does or whatever part they play here, is not that relevant, for we are all cut from the same cloth and all our thoughts, words and deeds are governed and dictated by the absolute, virtuous love of God and for one another. The proud see the hierarchy, but the hierarchy is really a grand illusion that God uses to test the hearts and minds for the pride, vanity and selfish ambition of the flesh. There's no place for any of that in God's TRUE eternal presence, realm and reality of absolute love and virtuousness, because it's all about living for love, absolutely, pure and simple."

Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. - Acts 17:29

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness (virtuousness) of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (and other characteristics of the instinctual nature). - 2 Peter 1:1-4

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you believe it is all God and none of us then...? That all of it on the potter and none of is on us basically, or what...? And no real, true, free will in that case or what...?

And I'm not trying to chase my tail or get anyone else to, I just want to know what part, (if any part), is us, and how much of a part is God, or what is all God's part...?

God Bless!

Just do a word study on the topic.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@ Everyone

How much is God, and how much is us...? Or how much is God's part and How much is our part...?

And if any of it is our part at all, do we get some of the credit (glory) for that...? And does that credit, if we get any at all, does any of that take away from God getting the "sole credit (or all the glory) alone" or not...?

God Bless!
I'm probably oversimplifying...

Not all of it (100%) is God (because if it was all God and 0.00% people then all should be righteous). I don't think it can be quantified, but I do believe it is mostly God with very little us. Jesus said His yoke is light (not weightless), so we have to do something more than nothing.

My understanding is though that regardless of the split in effort, God gets all the glory/credit (because with even what little part we contribute, our abilities and strength comes from him), and we get the blessing.

Upvote 0