What makes on "righteous", or what makes one "good"...?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It makes sense, but God is no mere human, or no mere human parent... and for the things we are talking about here, I think "all the credit" should rightfully go to that God...

And if it does not, what does that mean...? (and also, or else also, if it does)...?

God Bless!
Well.... if the mother analogy makes logical sense and God is our Father... it's not perfect, but maybe not impossible.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I mean, it's not impossible that the analogy should be a correct one!
So, your saying, in a sense then, that some small part of it might be us then, right...?

What parts, or what small parts...?

Did God put some things under or in our control, and would we get the, or any credit, for those things...?

And if so, does that take any credit away from God, (or blame in some cases or whatever)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,220.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 Corinthians 5:21.
Jesus died to make us righteous. Our righteousness is not our own, it is from Him.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,220.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complete gift from God and not in any way us, or not...?

Only "us" in as much as we receive and believe in Jesus.
Paul said that we have EVERY spiritual blessing in Christ, Ephesians 1:3. Christ gives, and brings, the blessings, so they are ours if we remain in him.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, if it is in any way due to us, he does not get all the credit, not all of it...

God Bless!

This is not true.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16).

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is not true.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16).
Just saying that does not make it so, so just say what you mean OK...?

Tell how it/this is not true...?

How not that if it is in any way due to you, it does not take away from what did or does...?

How is that not true, cause just saying it/that (what you said about it not being true) does not just make it so...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is not true.

It does not say if those good works were something you did in and of yourself, or if they are totally and completely something God alone did in and through and with you, and caused to be and happen in you from the beginning of time maybe...

So, why do you throw scripture out there when it has nothing to do with what is being discussed and or talked about...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It does not say if those good works were something you did in and of yourself, or if they are totally and completely something God alone did in and through and with you, and caused to be and happen in you from the beginning of time maybe...

It says your good works. You can choose to disbelieve the words in this verse if you like, but I am just going to read it and believe it.

Note: Yes, God does the good work through the believer, but believers also have to surrender or cooperate with God in taking action to do good works, too. God's people are not rag dolls being moved about against their own will.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just saying that does not make it so, so just say what you mean OK...?

Tell how it/this is not true...?

How not that if it is in any way due to you, it does not take away from what did or does...?

How is that not true, cause just saying it/that (what you said about it not being true) does not just make it so...

God Bless!

I didn't say it. The Bible said it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It says your good works. You can choose to disbelieve the words in this verse if you like, but I am just going to read it and believe it.
Says so that men will see your good works, does not mean that they are "your good works" alone... Scripture also says that it is impossible for a believer to do anything, especially in and with his beliefs apart from God... "Impossible" Jason...

Anyway, got to go, be back later...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I didn't say it. The Bible said it.
No you say it, cause you twist the scriptures to make them mean whatever you want to say, so "You say it" not the Bible or God...

Gotta go for now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Says so that men will see your good works, does not mean that they are "your good works" alone... Scripture also says that it is impossible for a believer to do anything, especially in and with his beliefs apart from God... "Impossible" Jason...

Anyway, got to go, be back later...

God Bless!

I didn't say it was apart from God. Please go back and see my revised updated post. I was editing it before I even seen this post by you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No you say it, cause you twist the scriptures to make them mean whatever you want to say, so "You say it" not the Bible or God...

Gotta go for now...

God Bless!

No. I quoted Matthew 5:16. I did not write Matthew 5:16. God did.
It says "your good works."

More specifically it says:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.'

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, Matthew 5:16 is in harmony with God doing the good work within you. But God does not force us to do good works. We have to cooperate with God in the good work He desires to do through us. We have to surrender to God by obeying Him so His light can shine through us. God does not throw us around like rag dolls doing His good works. They are called "your good works" because you have chosen of your own free will to do those good works (and cooperate with God working in you).

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And if you are righteous or good, what makes you so...?

And, what makes you so different from those who are not or what are those differences...?

And, then, is it in any due to you, or your choices, or your actions, or your decisions, or "whatever", or is it in any way due to you at all, IOW's...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I think the words righteous and good have to be defined first.

What is righteousness?
What is goodness?

I believe to understand the answer to those questions, this question must be answered first;

Question; would righteousness and goodness still exist if God didn’t exist?

Question; would one and one still be two, if God didn’t exist?

I believe the answer to both the above two questions are the same, for the same reason(s).

Edit; The answer, I believe, would be yes, there would just be no manifestation of them. One and one would still be two, there would just be no manifestation of it. Just like truth would still exist, there just would be no manifestation of it. There would be no manifestation of anything at all, which would include, righteousness, goodness and truth. For it is God’s creating power/life to bring righteousness, goodness and truth to manifestation.
When (I believe) this answer is known and understood.

The answer as to what righteousness and goodness would be;

Order and disorder. (before the law was brought in) After the law is brought in, it than becomes righteousness and unrighteousness, good and evil.

(My thinks)

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0