What makes on "righteous", or what makes one "good"...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

And if you are righteous or good, what makes you so...?

And, what makes you so different from those who are not or what are those differences...?

And, then, is it in any due to you, or your choices, or your actions, or your decisions, or "whatever", or is it in any way due to you at all, IOW's...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Reactions: royal priest

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

And, what makes you so different from those who are not or what are those differences...?

And, then, is it in any due to you, or your choices, or your actions, or your decisions, or "whatever", or is it in any way due to you at all, IOW's...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Jesus.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
According to Scripture, every one is judge for their deeds from all their life.
Is someone raised without TORAH
does what is right without TORAH,
they are justified, according to Scripture;
if someone with TORAH,
does not do what is right according to TORAH,
they are UNjustified,
according to Yahweh's Word, Plan and Purpose.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comments...?
God Bless
!
What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Oh precious is that flow that makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Does "your doing that", make you that (righteous, good, ect)...?

In that passage, none of those who are said to righteous in it, do not seem to be keeping any kind of account of their good deeds or seem to be aware of their doing this at all, it was just what they did, or how they are, or how they were made, and does not seem to be any way due to them at all, basically...

So, is it or isn't it in any way due to them...? Their being righteous or good or how they were, or their doing those things that made them that (righteous, good, holy) that Jesus said...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Comments...?

God Bless!

Faith...not of self, but a gift from Yah!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In that passage, none of those who are said to righteous in it, do not seem to be keeping any kind of account of their good deeds or seem to be aware of their doing this at all, it was just what they did, or how they are, or how they were made, and does not seem to be any way due to them at all, basically...

So, is it or isn't it in any way due to them...? Their being righteous or good or how they were, or their doing those things that made them that (righteous, good, holy) that Jesus said...?

God Bless!
I dont know. :)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I dont know. :)
Well, that is said to be the beginning or wisdom, cause I don't know either, (if it, or anything (that we are, or were, or become, ect) is in any way whatsoever due to us at all or not) and am trying to find out...?

If our will is any way involved or plays a part at all or not, ect...?

Or is our will just and "illusion" (or delusion) IOW's...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!
Grace, faith, love, and obedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not worried about being righteous. All the wrong people were the ones asking Jesus how to be righteous.

I'm letting Jesus handle "righteous" while I concern myself with being obedient.
If your obedient then you are considered righteous, but that righteousness or obedience includes taking a righteous stand sometimes, otherwise it is disobedience... Must use careful discernment though...

And does that obedience come from you or your own will, or is it entirely Gods' will that is sanctifying you or causing you to be obedient...?

Who's responsible for your obedience IOW's...? Or "anything" about any of us, or who or what we are, or become at all, ect (holy, just, good, righteous, obedient, or "whatever")... Who gets the credit...? (or blame)...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your obedient then you are considered righteous, but that righteousness or obedience includes taking a righteous stand sometimes, otherwise it is disobedience... Must us careful discernment though...

And does that obedience come from you or your own will, or is it entirely Gods' will that is sanctifying you or causing you to be obedient...?

Who's responsible for your obedience IOW's...? Or "anything" about any of us, or who or what we are, or become at all, ect (holy, just, good, righteous, obedient, or "whatever")... Who gets the credit...? (or blame)...

God Bless!
I would say that we must cooperate with the Will of God. He wills, enables, calls, and makes possible our salvation, He does all this, but we must respond to Him with our will, hearts, thoughts, and might.

He gets all the credit, yet also works through us to save us, and to save others. It is two things at once. He gives us life and helps us to walk, but we must move our legs.

I think it sort of looks like this;

b0f4120eb3533649dfa155c74510ff0e.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!

Good deeds go on your 'account' as righteousness.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If your obedient then you are considered righteous, but that righteousness or obedience includes taking a righteous stand sometimes, otherwise it is disobedience... Must us careful discernment though...

God Bless!

We get the credit.
God gets the glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say that we must cooperate with the Will of God. He wills, enables, calls, and makes possible our salvation, He does all this, but we must respond to Him with our will, hearts, thoughts, and might.

He gets all the credit, yet also works through us to save us, and to save others. It is two things at once. He gives us life and helps us to walk, but we must move our legs.

I think it sort of looks like this;

b0f4120eb3533649dfa155c74510ff0e.jpg
The problem is, if it is in any way due to us, he does not get all the credit, not all of it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Good deeds go on your 'account' as righteousness.
Who is responsible for those deeds...? Or good or righteous acts, or "whatever"...?

Who gets the credit, or else, "blame"...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, if it is in any way due to us, he does not get all the credit, not all of it...

God Bless!
Well, we acknowledge that we have cooperated with His Will, but with His help. Kind of like a Mother helping her Baby learn to walk. The mother gave her child life, nourishment, love, and encouragement, is holding the baby up, and all the baby has to do is move his little legs, that she gave him. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, we acknowledge that we have cooperated with His Will, but with His help. Kind of like a Mother helping her Baby learn to walk. The mother gave her child life, nourishment, love, and encouragement, is holding the baby up, and all the baby has to do is move his little legs, that she gave him. Does that make sense?
It makes sense, but God is no mere human, or no mere human parent... and for the things we are talking about here, I think "all the credit" should rightfully go to that God...

And if it does not, what does that mean...? (and also, or else also, if it does)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0