What makes Christianity the true religion?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's true. Christ is the true religion and is the only way for a person to get saved but what makes Christianity truth? Let me phrase it this way:

Jesus said he was the only way to God but what separates him from all of the other false prophets and false teachers that have existed over the last 6,000 or so years? Because Buddah, Mohammad, Simon bar kokhba ...etc have all claimed that they were the only way to God. Its true none of these people were brave enough to call themselves God and Christ was the only person who ever lived who claimed diety. So one COULD argue that since Jesus was God in the flesh that he must have been telling the truth. But where is the evidence that Jesus was God? Because Buddhists worship the Buddha like a God too. The Greeks and Romans all worshipped their own Gods too. What separates Jesus from all of the other false Gods out there? Discuss.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's true. Christ is the true religion and is the only way for a person to get saved but what makes Christianity truth? Let me phrase it this way:

Jesus said he was the only way to God but what separates him from all of the other false prophets and false teachers that have existed over the last 6,000 or so years? Because Buddah, Mohammad, Simon bar kokhba ...etc have all claimed that they were the only way to God. Its true none of these people were brave enough to call themselves God and Christ was the only person who ever lived who claimed diety. So one COULD argue that since Jesus was God in the flesh that he must have been telling the truth. But where is the evidence that Jesus was God? Because Buddhists worship the Buddha like a God too. The Greeks and Romans all worshipped their own Gods too. What separates Jesus from all of the other false Gods out there? Discuss.
For me it is the inner witness of the Holy Spirit being connected to Jesus' name that tells me I'm on the right track. And then the witness continues as I study scripture confirming it to be God's word. The witness weakens at times telling me I'm moving in the wrong direction.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For me it is the inner witness of the Holy Spirit being connected to Jesus' name that tells me I'm on the right track. And then the witness continues as I study scripture confirming it to be God's word. The witness weakens at times telling me I'm moving in the wrong direction.

That's true the Holy Spirit does tell us that we are following the right path and leads us down the proper path. I guess I believe in Christianity because it is what God has called me to. When I converted from an Atheist to Christianity God kind of sent me a very clear message that I was following the right path. Plus last I checked no other religious leader has ever risen from the dead or could raise the dead. Only those with powers from God could raise the dead. I know Criss Angel apparently raised the dead before but he's an illusionist and the man probably wasn't really dead. So Christ rising from the dead is kind of a big deal. I mean any prophet can do miracles but Jesus took it all one step further and rose himself from the dead. Only God can do that in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Great abundance (even "overabundance") of miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings...

John 14:11 "“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else (if you do not believe me or (listen to) my words) believe Me for the sake of (because of) the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) themselves.

John 10:25 "Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) that I do in My Father’s name, they (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) bear witness of Me (and who I am, "God", or like God the Father).

John 10:37-38 "If I do not do the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) of My Father, (or that my Father did/does) do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe (on account of) the works, (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) (themselves) that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” (And/or that He is just like him) (and is sent from him)...

And many other scriptures...

Somewhere Jesus says that the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) (that his Father did also) "testify" of him... (And basically that "that" should be "enough" for us) (however, oftentimes, they are not though)...

Now were not talking about just one or two "occasional" miracles here, were talking one after the other, after the other, after the other, more and faster than could even be done a lot of the time, an great "abundance" of them constantly with him (Jesus)...

This is what makes Christianity different and unique, and Jesus Christ as the true, and one and only true way, the only way (to the/his/our Father in Heaven, or the "True God")

There is no other way, that's "true" (or that will ever truly work) to do that...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

#1. No holy prophet died for your sins except Jesus.
#2. God's Word is clearly divine in origin (unlike other religions). There is a crazy amount of evidences backing up God's Word showing it is divine (See my blogger article here to check them out - if you have not see it already).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Great abundance (even "overabundance") of miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings...

John 14:11 "“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else (if you do not believe me or (listen to) my words) believe Me for the sake of (because of) the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) themselves.

John 10:25 "Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) that I do in My Father’s name, they (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) bear witness of Me (and who I am, "God", or like God the Father).

John 10:37-38 "If I do not do the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) of My Father, (or that my Father did/does) do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe (on account of) the works, (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) (themselves) that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” (And/or that He is just like him) (and is sent from him)...

Now were not talking about just one or two "occasional" miracles here, were talking one after the other, after the other, after the other, more and faster than could even be done a lot of the time, an great "abundance" of them constantly with him (Jesus)...

This is what makes Christianity different and unique, and Jesus Christ as the true, and one and only true way, the only way (to the/his/our Father in Heaven, or the "True God")

There is no other way, that's "true" (or that will ever truly work) to do that...

God Bless!

I don't think that Christ's miracles are evidence within itself because lots of prophets have done many miracles. Elijah even raised the dead. So Christ could have been a prophet who had the powers of God which is what the false prophet Mohammad claimed Jesus was. So Christs miracles are not evidence for his diety although one could argue like I do that since God rose from the dead HIMSELF that that could be evidence for Jesus being God. That's why the Muslims and Jews ...etc deny Christs diety and the fact that he rose from the dead. They believe that he's either dead or never died in the first place.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What separates Jesus from all of the other false Gods out there?
The quality of his life and teaching. ( the liar, Lord or lunatic options )

His resurrection.

That he does not expect us to earn or deserve salvation, it is given if we are prepared to say sorry and accept it.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The quality of his life and teaching. ( the liar, Lord or lunatic options )

His resurrection.

That he does not expect us to earn or deserve salvation, it is given if we are prepared to say sorry and accept it.

Right. Either Christ was God in the flesh or he had some serious mental problems. But he could have easily been schizophrenic or something similar. I mean I've claimed to be God while out of it before and people claim to be God everyday. What separates Christ from me or any other schizophrenic? Its true I can't do miracles but then again im not a prophet.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Having been lost, i went on a search for truth.
Christianity has the best 'papers' by far, is what i discovered to my surprise.

I had a conversion similar to that too. Like I said before I didn't go to Christianity Christianity kinda went to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think that Christ's miracles are evidence within itself because lots of prophets have done many miracles. Elijah even raised the dead. So Christ could have been a prophet who had the powers of God which is what the false prophet Mohammad claimed Jesus was. So Christs miracles are not evidence for his diety although one could argue like I do that since God rose from the dead HIMSELF that that could be evidence for Jesus being God. That's why the Muslims and Jews ...etc deny Christs diety and the fact that he rose from the dead. They believe that he's either dead or never died in the first place.
Well, rising from the dead, and raising the dead is certainly a miracle, but the Lord himself said it in John 14:11... (however it was addressed to the Pharisees)...

And notice that I also said "a great abundance of them", and "in very short amounts or periods of time"... There were days Jesus spent almost "his entire day healing and delivering people supernaturally, (and doing signs and wonders and the like), that the crowd was basically "throwing at him and at his feet", one after another, after another, after another... And he was doing the very same kinds or signs, wonders and miracles that his Father did (in the OT)...

Only Jesus basically, couldn't keep up with all the signs, wonders, miracles and supernatural happenings he was doing or was having to do and/or performing, many, many times, sometimes on a daily basis... He actually had to take and take breaks from them, the crowd would have kept him so busy and occupied with that (miracles, signs, wonders, ect) everyday and all day long, that he would not have had any time for "anything else" (at all), if he had not or did not...

If that's not a witness or testimony, (to who he is/was, and ever will be) I don't know what is...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Deuteronomy 32:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
he fixed the borders of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God.
9 But the Lord's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage.

Verse 8 is the dispersion out of Babel.
Verse 9 is later.
In Psalms 82 we read the sons of God messed up and their fate.

So there are many gods, and they're rebellious to YHWH Elohim the God Most High.
God chose Israel as his people, and in Christ the Door is open all people.
Because ethnic Israel rejected Him, and they still do.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

More accurately the question is how do we know Christianity is true. What separates Christianity from other religions is that belief is based on the evidence of miracles, largely done publicly. Note the first Christian sermon by Peter:

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know." Acts 2:20

Or Paul to the Athenians
"he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead." Acts 17:31

Even Jesus said, "Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." John 10:37,38

Thus Christians are not to believe those who don't do miracles. Fact is no other religion his the kind of public eyewitness testimony nor historical documentation of the kind of miracles Jesus did.

While belief in other religions is blind faith in what sounds good at the time, belief in Jesus is rational based on forensic evidence.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Either Christ was God in the flesh or he had some serious mental problems.
Except the sanity of his speaking and his life does not let anyone call him mad.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Except the sanity of his speaking and his life does not let anyone call him mad.

So you're saying his miracles proved he was God? But what separates his miracles from the miracles that the prophets were able to do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Somewhere Jesus says that the works (miracles, signs and wonders and supernatural happenings) (that his Father did also) "testify" of him... (And basically that "that" should be "enough" for us) (however, oftentimes, they are not though)...

God Bless!

Well, rising from the dead, and raising the dead is certainly a miracle, but the Lord himself said it in John 14:11... (however it was addressed to the Pharisees)...

And notice that I also said "a great abundance of them", and "in very short amounts or periods of time"... There were days Jesus spent almost "his entire day healing and delivering people supernaturally, (and doing signs and wonders and the like), that the crowd was basically "throwing at him and at his feet", one after another, after another, after another... And he was doing the very same kinds or signs, wonders and miracles that his Father did (in the OT)...

Only Jesus basically, couldn't keep up with all the signs, wonders, miracles and supernatural happenings he was doing or was having to do and/or performing, many, many times, sometimes on a daily basis... He actually had to take and take breaks from them, the crowd would have kept him so busy and occupied with that (miracles, signs, wonders, ect) everyday and all day long, that he would not have had any time for "anything else" (at all), if he had not or did not...

If that's not a witness or testimony, (to who he is/was, and ever will be) I don't know what is...?

God Bless!

And Jesus said (again to the Pharisees) If I am not doing the (very same) works as my Father (or that my Father did) then do not believe me... But, if I do and/or am, (and you people are actual eyewitnesses of this/that) then "why" do you not believe me (or believe in me)...? (paraphrasing a bit, but I know it is accurate and scripturally based)

Jesus already knew "why", it was because they suspected that Jesus was doing this by or under the power of Satan) but Jesus addressed this as well, basically saying that it was "impossible" to do any true, real, supernatural, signs and wonders and miracles under the power of Satan, except false ones that are only tricks and mere hucksterism, (that deceive the weak and foolish) and are not "real" at all... And I think Jesus showed that his were "real"... (again paraphrasing a bit, but again, I know it is accurate and scripturally based)...

(John 10:37-38) (Mark 3:21-26) parallel in (Matthew 12:24-29) and (Luke 11:15-22)

additional scripture: (John 5:36)

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

True. Jesus did many miracles so many that the apostle John said that it was impossible to record them all because it would take libraries to hold all of the books. But I just don't buy that Christs miracles were any different than the miracles that other prophets who also had the Holy Spirit could do. Something keeps Christians believing that Christ is in fact God in the flesh. But old what that is.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
True. Jesus did many miracles so many that the apostle John said that it was impossible to record them all because it would take libraries to hold all of the books. But I just don't buy that Christs miracles were any different than the miracles that other prophets who also had the Holy Spirit could do. Something keeps Christians believing that Christ is in fact God in the flesh. But old what that is.
First Christ is God in the flesh... You do believe that he came in the flesh and was God in (the) flesh, don't you...? If not, you might want to read this/these: (1 John 4:2-3) (2 John 1:7)...

I hope I am getting that wrong somehow...? Did you mean that many think he was just a man, or just a prophet like any other prophet maybe...?

And his miracles "were not any different" from what any of the Prophets did in the OT (by God also), just way, way, and much, much "more" of them, in a much, much, very much more, and very much greater "abundance", in very short amounts or periods of time, than they ever did or could possibly do, for they were of and from the true God and were representatives of Him as well (just lesser)... Anyway, This (like and what and how it happened with Jesus) did not happen with the prophets of the past, or in the OT (like it did with Jesus)...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Lots of raising the dead,
casting out demons,
healing the sick
feeding the thousands
. Lots of
miracle resurrection from the dead within 3 days
showing his physical resurrected body to disciples for over 40 days.

A complete change in the eye witnesses from total fear and discouragement to complete joy and "taking over the world"- signs and wonders among the eye witnesses following Christ's departure.

etc.

None of the false religions are as large as the Christian religion - but they all had a longer time to grow than did Christianity

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
True. Jesus did many miracles so many that the apostle John said that it was impossible to record them all because it would take libraries to hold all of the books. But I just don't buy that Christs miracles were any different than the miracles that other prophets who also had the Holy Spirit could do.

Then the burden is on you to show that your examples - Mohammad and Simon bar kokhba, were known for a short 3.5 year ministry of feeding the 5 thousand, raising the dead, healing the sick (whole towns healed) casting out demons and that they appeared in bodily form after death in a 40 day window to over 500 disciples and that their disciples immediately went out casting out demons, healing the sick, raising the dead after the resurrection of said prophet.

you have set the bar pretty high for your argument.

Upvote 0