LDS What major translation problems do LDS see in the Bible?

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Joseph Smith was not a false prophet, the Book of Mormon is proof of that. And what about Peter, is he the devil

Peter never claimed to be a prophet. He had been with Christ and told everything he experienced. He didn't have to make up stories. The writings of JS are proof he is a false prophet. Esp. that fiasco of a book---The book of Abraham.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Peter never claimed to be a prophet. He had been with Christ and told everything he experienced. He didn't have to make up stories. The writings of JS are proof he is a false prophet. Esp. that fiasco of a book---The book of Abraham.
The book of Abraham is true also. Dead men don't fight back.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The book of Abraham is true also. Dead men don't fight back.

LOL! As someone else said: "You saying so, doesn't make it so!" It's been disproved by genuine Egyptian scholars to not be genuine Egyptian in any way at all! You just refuse to accept the truth--like I said---One day it will reach up and garb you! Dead men don't write books!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LOL! As someone else said: "You saying so, doesn't make it so!" It's been disproved by genuine Egyptian scholars to not be genuine Egyptian in any way at all! You just refuse to accept the truth--like I said---One day it will reach up and garb you! Dead men don't write books!
Egyptology is not an exact science. Everyone has their own opinion. I say those who believe the Book of Abraham is a funeral text are wrong. The person on the table was depicted as someone who is very much alive and kicking, NOT a dead cadaver. Therefore they are obviously wrong.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Egyptology is not an exact science. Everyone has their own opinion. I say those who believe the Book of Abraham is a funeral text are wrong. The person on the table was depicted as someone who is very much alive and kicking, NOT a dead cadaver. Therefore they are obviously wrong.

Sorry, but you are in total denial. Egyptology is more accurate than you are willing to admit. It is an obvious fraud, start to finish. JS:
BoA-2.jpg

Actual Egyptian renderings
BoA-3.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but you are in total denial. Egyptology is more accurate than you are willing to admit. It is an obvious fraud, start to finish. JS:
BoA-2.jpg

Actual Egyptian renderings
BoA-3.jpg
Can't you tell the difference between a living person on a table and a dead person? It is obvious to me. You are aware that they found the original Egyptian papyrus right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can't you tell the difference between a living person on a table and a dead person? It is obvious to me. You are aware that they found the original Egyptian papyrus right?

Yah---proved how false everything is even more. Not even if God Himself tells yo0u JS is not His prophet---you will not believe it. You will argue with Him about it!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yah---proved how false everything is even more. Not even if God Himself tells yo0u JS is not His prophet---you will not believe it. You will argue with Him about it!
God knows that Joseph Smith was His prophet. You believe that Ellen Gould White had visions from God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But this thread is not about EGW.
So when talking about Joseph Smith it is unfair to bring up Ellen Gould White? Yet you totally believe that people can have visions from God and you follow one of those people too. Ellen Gould White also wrote books. She actually has some things in common with Joseph Smith. People tend to go on tangents and forget the overall theme of the scriptures. The main theme is to LOVE God and keep His commandments. Whoever does this is guaranteed to have eternal life as per Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So when talking about Joseph Smith it is unfair to bring up Ellen Gould White? Yet you totally believe that people can have visions from God and you follow one of those people too. Ellen Gould White also wrote books. She actually has some things in common with Joseph Smith. People tend to go on tangents and forget the overall theme of the scriptures. The main theme is to LOVE God and keep His commandments. Whoever does this is guaranteed to have eternal life as per Jesus Christ.

I personally do not mind, however, this thread is about LDS and the bible translations. more than one thread has been shut down when it goes off topic, you know that. I can not be discussing EGW---there are many threads about her all the time. I never see you on any of them. If you were wanting to know, y0u could show up on one of those. But do not derail this thread. I could easily answer your questions---
but not on this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I already answered in post #176. Can you answer that post? I doubt it.

This is the part of your post that addressed what I was commenting about. It appears to agree with my statement. If this is not the answer you gave, please direct me to the correct one.

I don't believe there is a satisfactory Christian answer. What I personally see is the possibility that in some sense some rebellious arche (rulers / princes) and exousia (authorities / powers) had to be conquered by mankind, by Jesus the representative of mankind. I could be completely wrong, but I think that before His sacrifice, Satan had the ability to be in the Garden.

Upvote 0