Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you're seeking by beginning this thread?

But.....the next verse--to me--says a LOT.

My dear people, we are already children of God; what we will be in the future has not yet been fully revealed, and all I do know is that we shall be like God. —1 John 3:2

quoted from "We Were made by Love"~
The Judeo-Christian creation story says that we were created in the very “image and likeness” of God—who is Infinite Love flowing between Three, making unity out of clear diversity. (Picture a fidget spinner in motion: three corners that appear as one.) [1] The classic “placeholder” names of Father, Son, and Spirit show us what love is: a creative and constant exchange of self-emptying and infilling, mutual giving and total receiving. Out of the Trinity’s generative, loving relationship, creation takes form, fully mirroring its Creator. This is the dynamic of life planted inside of everything, from hearts and circulatory systems to photosynthesis, gravity, electromagnetic fields, and the field of light that apparently is “one” throughout the whole universe.

We have heard the phrase so often that we don’t get the existential shock of what “created in the image and likeness of God” is saying about us. If this is true—and I believe it is—our family of origin is divine. We were created by a loving God to be love in the world. Our core is original blessing, not original sin. Our starting point is “very good” (Genesis 1:31) and surely not “total depravity” or “sinners in the hands of an angry god.” All the good theology in the world cannot make up for a basically negative anthropology.

From God’s side, we are always known and loved subject to subject, just as the persons of the Trinity know and love one another. We will not and cannot know or even love one another if we objectify one another in any way. This is perhaps the clearest way to describe God’s unconditional acceptance and forgiveness: We are never an object to God. God cannot not love God’s image in us. This is the eternal covenant. God loves us center to center.~https://cac.org/we-were-made-by-love-to-love-2018-01-03/

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what you're seeking by beginning this thread?

For people like you to post an edifying comment.

But.....the next verse--to me--says a LOT.

My dear people, we are already children of God; what we will be in the future has not yet been fully revealed, and all I do know is that we shall be like God. —1 John 3:2

quoted from "We Were made by Love"~
The Judeo-Christian creation story says that we were created in the very “image and likeness” of God—who is Infinite Love flowing between Three, making unity out of clear diversity. (Picture a fidget spinner in motion: three corners that appear as one.) [1] The classic “placeholder” names of Father, Son, and Spirit show us what love is: a creative and constant exchange of self-emptying and infilling, mutual giving and total receiving. Out of the Trinity’s generative, loving relationship, creation takes form, fully mirroring its Creator. This is the dynamic of life planted inside of everything, from hearts and circulatory systems to photosynthesis, gravity, electromagnetic fields, and the field of light that apparently is “one” throughout the whole universe.

We have heard the phrase so often that we don’t get the existential shock of what “created in the image and likeness of God” is saying about us. If this is true—and I believe it is—our family of origin is divine. We were created by a loving God to be love in the world. Our core is original blessing, not original sin. Our starting point is “very good” (Genesis 1:31) and surely not “total depravity” or “sinners in the hands of an angry god.” All the good theology in the world cannot make up for a basically negative anthropology.

From God’s side, we are always known and loved subject to subject, just as the persons of the Trinity know and love one another. We will not and cannot know or even love one another if we objectify one another in any way. This is perhaps the clearest way to describe God’s unconditional acceptance and forgiveness: We are never an object to God. God cannot not love God’s image in us. This is the eternal covenant. God loves us center to center.~https://cac.org/we-were-made-by-love-to-love-2018-01-03/

Thanks for sharing.
God Bless,
SBC

• Friendly
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0