What line would Trump have to cross for him to be a non-viable candidate?

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is parallel to the other thread on Biden. What line would Trump have to cross for you to not vote for him?

Trump famously said:

Donald Trump 'Fifth Avenue' Comment

I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.

He's brought America as close to tyranny as it has ever been and it has emboldened a lot of his supporters.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He's brought America as close to tyranny as it has ever been and it has emboldened a lot of his supporters.
Or rather is it like there's a lot of rebellious teenagers who just love to claim their parents are tyrants merely because they're making a reasonable stand against their nonsense?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or rather is it like there's a lot of rebellious teenagers who just love to claim their parents are tyrants merely because they're making a reasonable stand against their nonsense?

Bobber, what would be your line that Trump would have to cross for you not to vote for him?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The only way he can lose this election is if he's "caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy". Of course, sexual mores have changed since someone said that, and I'm sure there are letters in the LGBTQZ... list which cover both of those things. So instead of prohibiting his election, it might give him a landslide.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You've obviously never heard of Abraham Lincoln.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way he can lose this election is if he's "caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy". Of course, sexual mores have changed since someone said that, and I'm sure there are letters in the LGBTQZ... list which cover both of those things. So instead of prohibiting his election, it might give him a landslide.

So what would your line be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So there is no moral line he could cross for you, and it is only a political calculation?
I'm sure there is some moral line, I'd know it when I see it. I don't like Trump as a person, but the stakes are too high to go with anyone offered from the other side of the aisle. Especially Biden, who may well forget he is President the day after he takes office.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Neither has Trump it seems, as he keeps claiming no president has been treated as badly as him.
That claim is absolutely true, IMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

What does that have to do with assaulting journalists? Firing rubber bullets, tear gas and concussion grenades at peaceful protesters outside of a church?

Get a grip haha.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You think Trump has been treated worse than a man who was literally shot to death?
Yes. If the president today had the same lax security they had then, Madonna would have already blown up the White House, and Kathy Griffin would have already beheaded him.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
The policies are only as good as the party leader. If you're a Republican and you hate Trump, then why should you have your party assassinated without AT LEAST the option of selecting another candidate?

You shouldn't be going into an election feeling doomed. You should be feeling empowered and optimistic about your vote.

A big country like a America, and tweedledee and tweedledum is what you're left with AGAIN.

*Edit; to get back on topic, he's already gone WAY beyond the line. Supporters need to stop being so easily manipulated.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I legitimately believe that Trump has built a strong enough personality cult that nothing he could do would harm his core support.

Just watching the mental gymnastics some posters here go through to defend him is mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0