What level of hard is it to achieve Salvation?

on a scale of 1 to ten, with 10 being nearly impossible, what level of difficulty is expected of us

Votes: 17 70.8%

Votes: 2 8.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 2 8.3%

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Clearly not everyone has the same level of difficulty in achieving salvation. There are handicaps involved, and some people are born and raised in families with impeccable morals, and are trained at a young age to act holy, while some others, are born in what one might consider immoral environments, and are raised without morals. Others might have unbearable addictions or mental illnesses, like turrets syndrome, that cause them to curse at people or hurt their loved ones.

...So how heavy is the burden..? How hard is the yoke?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Achieving is one thing maintaining salvation is another.
it only takes three promises to God to be saved but living the life of a saved person is the challenge.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Then Jesus said to His disciples,
'Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.'​
When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying,
'Who then can be saved?'​
But Jesus looked at them and said to them,
'With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' ”​
Matthew 19:23-26 NKJV​

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Clearly not everyone has the same level of difficulty in achieving salvation. There are handicaps involved, and some people are born and raised in families with impeccable morals, and are trained at a young age to act holy, while some others, are born in what one might consider immoral environments, and are raised without morals. Others might have unbearable addictions or mental illnesses, like turrets syndrome, that cause them to curse at people or hurt their loved ones.

"Achieving Salvation"...?

Are you being serious here...?

Anyway, each one will be judged by God only, and God only alone, each one individually according to all the very very many very high number of very many numerous individual factors that need to be factored in, and only all can all be factored in, only by God and God only and alone, for each specific and very unique, and very, very complex, individual life, etc...

Or if you'd like something simpler, then like the Bible says, "each one according to his or her own unique abilities, or inabilities", etc...

Which only God knows fully, etc...

It is not our place to ever judge another personally, etc...

And only ever address the issue of sins with them only if we are not judging them personally, or "very personally" in some cases that I've seen, etc...

If your there to help, then help, but do not condemn, or damn, especially not eternally, etc...

Not our place, etc...

And you just might be bringing a judgement against yourself, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO, and this does not come from the Bible, but from a conscience in communication with the H.S., God knows our burdens vary, and that some people are more susceptible to sin, due to how they are raised or the environment in which they live, and so God weighs these burdens on his own scale, one that we cannot comprehend because we are simple minded, and God is complex beyond all complexities.

So the burden, IMO, would be the same, for us similar minded people, because the actual difficulties vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Achieving Salvation"...?

Are you being serious here...?

Anyway, each one will be judged by God only, and God only alone, each one individually according to all the very very many very high number of very many numerous individual factors that need to be factored in, and only all can all be factored in, only by God and God only and alone, for each specific and very unique, and very, very complex, individual life, etc...

Or if you'd like something simpler, then like the Bible says, "each one according to his or her own unique abilities, or inabilities", etc...

Which only God knows fully, etc...

It is not our place to ever judge another personally, etc...

God Bless!

I think we posted at about the same time, with similar answers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Achieving is one thing maintaining salvation is another.
it only takes three promises to God to be saved but living the life of a saved person is the challenge.

What I'm focusing on, for the most part, is sin. Not everyone has been blessed equally in being capable of resisting sin.

So I don't quite understand the fixation I've seen before, where people condemn other people, or think badly about other people because of their current sins... It could even be, that the effort, and acknowledgement, and personal drive to resist sin is what's most important. More important even than whether we actually do fall into sin - which is always an unfortunate tragedy for the true believer.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We all sin even the saved. I am sure God takes into account each of our strengths and weakness's.
I don't believe any of us our alike
In handling life's trials. God's grace is sufficient.

• Agree
Reactions: adderbolt
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Very simple.
God's best gift to us demands our best efforts.
What that "best" is varries from person to person, but God sees and knows what the cost is for everyone.
Take the case of Peter walking on the water:
Jesus knew that it was impossible for him to do what was asked. All that was required was for Peter do his best, and Jesus would do the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 11:30
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

To receive God's free gift of Eternal Life has been made easy by God, simply trust in the Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation).

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

It is man who has made it hard by adding to or even proclaiming other ways, than the way God have given us, so Jesus says this.

Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

So many will have to labor through false ways/teaching (the food that perishes) they have been taught by a church, etc.. that they must do (repentance, baptism, obedience, etc..) to receive salvation (eternal life).

They will have come to understand that there is nothing they can do, any actions they can preform, to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.

And that can be hard for some people, and some people it is like a camel going through the eye of a needle. They just simply may never understand how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life always working to receive the free gift, when all they had to do is trust in The Messiah.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess this was simple for non-Catholics, but for Catholics, like me, it wasn't something I was ever taught (that I know of), or something I read (that I know of)... For a Catholic, this is a *REVOLUTIONARY* concept, because for us, unconfessed sin equals damnation equally to everyone.

You can see that difference, right?

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I gave it a 1 and a 10. 10 because we can't save ourselves. 1 because God saves everyone who repents.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We don't "achieve" salvation .... it is a free gift from God for those who believe.

We just need to believe/trust God will do all that He said He will do .... and ... He will work in our lives over the course of our earthly lifetime ... regardless of our short comings.

Philippians 1:6

English Standard Version
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

There is nothing we can do to earn salvation ... it's all about what Jesus has done and is doing for us and rest in His promises.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I guess this was simple for non-Catholics, but for Catholics, like me, it wasn't something I was ever taught (that I know of), or something I read (that I know of)... For a Catholic, this is a *REVOLUTIONARY* concept, because for us, unconfessed sin equals damnation equally to everyone.

You can see that difference, right?

You do know Jesus took away the sin of the world, for unbelievers and believers. So sin is not a factor in receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0