What Language will we speak in heaven too other spirits?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course we cannot know for sure, but I would imagine it would either be Jewish or our own language which would be translated in our/their "mind" to whatever language the person we are conversing with speaks.

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Will it be the Jewish language?

There's absolutely no reason why that should be the case.

And what do you mean by "Jewish language," anyway? Do you mean biblical Hebrew? Or modern Hebrew (which is a totally different language, being heavily influenced by German)? Why not biblical Greek?

• Informative
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course we cannot know for sure, but I would imagine it would either be Jewish or our own language which would be translated in our/their "mind" to whatever language the person we are conversing with speaks.

Hya Steve, why can't we change our monikers on here? It's just that, some of us like to change them from time to time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hya Steve, why can't we change our monikers on here? It's just that, some of us like to change them from time to time.
If you open a support ticket HERE an admin can take care of it for you. :)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will it be the Jewish language?

we have no idea ... but ... since it's just a guess ... could be like the day of Pentecost (outpouring of the Holy Spirit)... we will keep our native languages (tongues) but will be able to understand hear/speak everything in our own and other languages.

Acts 2:4

International Standard Version
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in foreign languages as the Spirit gave them that ability.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We would not have human body's?
This is an interesting question.
We will not have a HUMAN body.
But if we didn't have some KIND of body...how would we recognize ourselves?

The glorified body we'll get after the final resurrection and at the beginning of the New Kingdom on earth.

But how will we look like in heaven BEFORE this?

To me a spirit is something without any kind of body.
I may be wrong on this....
What do YOU think?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.........
Jesus said we are to be of one mind.

Could you imagine if we didn't speak the same language even in heaven!
May it never be.

Whatever language it is...perhaps a heavenly language?
we will learn it in the twinkling of an eye.
No studying necessary.
:)

• Informative
Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it is a singular language, the most likely language would be the language before the tower of Babel.

But the other thing to consider is Eve talked to the serpent. If the serpent was an actual animal that became a snake by the Lord removing its legs causing it to crawl along the ground, it is also possible that all animals, humans, angels, and others in Heaven will speak the language spoken pre fall.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.........
Jesus said we are to be of one mind.

Could you imagine if we didn't speak the same language even in heaven!
May it never be.

Whatever language it is...perhaps a heavenly language?
we will learn it in the twinkling of an eye.
No studying necessary.
:)
I see no reason why our minds could not make an "automatic" translation for us so we seem to be "speaking" the same language.

I have heard such arguments for "heavenly tongues", usually in conjunction with subjects such as "speaking in tongues" and thinking such utterances are "angelic tongues". I don't buy into it for Heaven though, I think it is much more probable it would be Biblical or archaic Hebrew spoken, after all if we are to believe the Biblical narrative then those languages must have been taught to the characters by God in the first place, and it stands to reason he would teach them His "language" rather than create a new language.

The discussion, while interesting, is just something we can't know for sure. The reality is there are thousands upon thousands of languages that have been spoken over time. Even languages that are common now, like English, have changed dramatically in the last 500 years, so much so that they are almost different languages. I feel it is more likely our language would either be an automatic translation, or we will know a "new" language upon entering Heaven.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see no reason why our minds could not make an "automatic" translation for us so we seem to be "speaking" the same language.

I have heard such arguments for "heavenly tongues", usually in conjunction with subjects such as "speaking in tongues" and thinking such utterances are "angelic tongues". I don't buy into it for Heaven though, I think it is much more probable it would be Biblical or archaic Hebrew spoken, after all if we are to believe the Biblical narrative then those languages must have been taught to the characters by God in the first place, and it stands to reason he would teach them His "language" rather than create a new language.

The discussion, while interesting, is just something we can't know for sure. The reality is there are thousands upon thousands of languages that have been spoken over time. Even languages that are common now, like English, have changed dramatically in the last 500 years, so much so that they are almost different languages. I feel it is more likely our language would either be an automatic translation, or we will know a "new" language upon entering Heaven.
I think that you're right that we just can't know.
I wasn't stating emphatically that the mind changing into our language is definitely not possible.

I just think it would be nice if we all spoke the same language, for real. But in either case we'll be able to understand each other much better than we do on these threads! How many times do we say the same thing but it's not understood by the other person....

Your point about languages changing is a great point.
Even English has changed, as you've stated.

Re the Hebrew....I believe God chose the Hebrew people for specific reasons but I don't think God loved them anymore than any other ethnicity. God loves all of His creation.

I'll be happy just to be there!
However we understand each other.

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0