• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What kind of wine do you like to drink?

Discussion in 'Chaplains Coffee Shop' started by Red Gold, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Red Gold

Red Gold Well-Known Member

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    What kind of wine do you like to drink?
    I hope we can also talk about wine in the Coffee shop.

I like nearly all the wines - but will now just mention 2 whites and 2 reds.

White: Riesling and Gewürztraminer
    Red: Pinot noir (Spätburgunder in German) and Merlot

:)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+16,146
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    My absolute all time favourite is a dessert wine, an orange muscat & flora blend.

3. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    What a co-incidence! I have just been thinking dessert wine now!
    And anything to do with muscat is always pleasant! :)

4. Joyous Song

Joyous Song Well-Known Member

+603
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I prefer a very dry wine the best yet was one a neighbor made of raspberries. Full bodied and rich in taste with just the right undertones.

5. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    I also used to prefer dry wine.
    But I have become more liberal and tolerate wine with a touch of sweetness also.
    That does not mean that they should be sugary-sweet.

6. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    Any other sorts of wine that you like?

7. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+14,523
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I like champagne best. Rose, ice wine and sauternes are nice in warm weather. I like bordeaux, cabernet sauvignon, merlot, pinot gris, pinot grigio, chardonnay, riesling, and sweeter gewurztraminer. Tokai and port are wonderful in cooler months. I don’t drink sherry often. Shiraz is good too. I’m pretty flexible, but French varieties are my favorites.

~bella

8. Joyous Song

Joyous Song Well-Known Member

+603
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    JS: Not really, I tend to like all extremes: dry wines, hot peppers, and dark chocolate. I noticed flavor are absent when things are sweeter. So it not the bitterness, dryness or heat that is drawing me but the flavors behind flavors, behind flavors. Its hard to describe and not everyone can even taste what I'm tasting. My son tells me that the sign of a super taster. I suspect he could be correct.

9. Paidiske

+16,146
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Communion has ruined port for me as a drink. :)

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    I also enjoy wine because of the tastes - not because of the alkohol.

11. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    And why is that?

12. Paidiske

+16,146
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Because I now so strongly associate the taste of port with receiving the sacrament. I don't want it as something to drink just for pleasure, if that makes sense?

13. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    Should you drink it for "un-pleasure", then?

14. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic
    Married
    Anyway, I very much like Gewürztraminer. :)

15. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,959
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon.

16. Red Gold

+171
    Germany
    Catholic