What kind of things do you all find romantic?

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
basing your lives on each other as one of the key themes of your life. being a team in the world and having a life together. many things are necessary in this world but I don't think you should exalt them over the relationship... but many people do and it shows how fickle the relationship really was.

certain types of media have highly romantic themes to them, far more than normal people act.

true devotion that is meant to be... a classic example is romeo and juliet.

trying to become what you are together. sharing the same spirit. playing together forever. being your own society in heaven. having passions and interest for the same things and doing them together. being free together. overcoming the world together.

not ever finding the one that you wanted and so accepting to be alone due to the lack of perfection in your current experience of reality but still wishing that you could be together. and to reject relationships that simply want to exist as creatures and exist due to the discursive illusion of this world.

wanting to know God through the person and the relationship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well considering my brain only interprets sadomasochistic empathy.. the concept of something being romantic requires an element of suffering. Most of the romantic things listed here I total fail in seeing how they're romantic, lol.

I can register helping someone to be romantic, because it has the concept of wanting to relieve suffering. Of course once that relief happens the romantic feelings quickly disappear.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think tonight I might do that. Burger and a beer. Rats, no burger or beer in the fridge. Maybe I'll rub her shoulders.
Why don't you give her like a flower or someting.. isn't that supposed to be romantic? A flower? Lol.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing the woman I am with enough to know what she is passionate about and what matters to her and planning the day/night accordingly.

Her knowing me well enough to do the same if she does something for me.

Anything beyond that isn't romance it is recycled Hollywood/Harlequin novel garbage... (Unless the one you are with likes those cliche things of course)

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sadist romance.. lol..

Taking care of someone when they're sick.

Taking care of someone with a broken leg..

Seems like most "vanilla" romance films revolve around these things. Probably explains why I somewhat enjoy romance flicks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadist romance.. lol..

Seems like most "vanilla" romance films revolve around these things. Probably explains why I somewhat enjoy romance flicks.
You should watch Haters Back Off. There's a character on here I think you'd really enjoy.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it is worth watching once, definitely once. :)

Well what is this character like? Sadly Hollywood hasn't always had the best representation of sadomasochists. Like that crazy monk on The Da Vinci Code film and all those incredibly trashy Lifetime films.. lol. Only adorable S&M couple I can think of is James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal from Secretary. Maybe the latter film would have been better if that crazy monk was in there. Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well what is this character like? Sadly Hollywood hasn't always had the best representation of sadomasochists. Like that crazy monk on The Da Vinci Code film and all those incredibly trashy Lifetime films.. lol. Only adorable S&M couple I can think of is James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal from Secretary. Maybe the latter film would have been better if that crazy monk was in there. Lol.
It's purely comedic. Nobody on that show is taken seriously, but that's all the fun. The guy is really into sick people so he buys his girlfriend a wrist brace, a neck brace, and eventually a rascal scooter.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sadist romance.. lol..

Disgusting.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sadist romance.. lol..

how is that sadistic? seems like the one taking care of the person with the broken leg would have had to be the one who broke the leg in the first place for it to be "sadistic".

I think it is normal behavior to want to care for a loved one that is hurt and I agree that it is romantic.

Upvote 0