What kind of spiritual person are you building?

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟341,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. NKJV

What kind of spiritual person are you building.

1 Corinthians 3:12Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, (works of sin) 13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. NKJV

We can build with any kind of works we choose. By walking in the Spirit we are showing our love for Jesus by our obedience. By doing this we are building our new spiritual person with love. In heaven that person will be known by their works. This is because their works will follow them. A prophet will be known as a prophet. A faithful servant as a faithful servant. A prayer warrior as a prayer warrior. etc

Bad works will not follow a person into heaven. When a person builds their spiritual person with bad works (sin) those works will not follow.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. NKJV

Verse 11 Paul said that those Corinthians were once known as sinners meaning they were not known as those things now. When they came to Jesus their sins were forgiven. If they continue doing those sins God does not impute any sin to them. Therefore, they still are not known as sinners.

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. NKJV

God disciplined those Corinthians who were getting drunk during the Lord's supper. The first step in the disciplining process God will tell the person what needs to be corrected. The second step is to put them under the law of sin and death if they do not repent. Then He starts them on the process of dying. He makes them sicker and sicker waiting for repentance. Last step if they still do not repent God will put them to sleep (temporal death). Verse 31 the reason God judged them was to prevent them from condemnation. Therefore; they were not condemned.

They were not a drunkard in heaven because their sins did not follow them. The drunk spiritual person practicing sin that they built did not inherit the kingdom of God. The spirit person within them untouched by sin made it to heaven.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm I am not.. He is. Its what He started... He is finishing. So yeah you don't want to build on someone else's foundation which happens allot. Be like Peter coming in and starting to work (build) where Paul already has. Very unwise. :) I see what your trying to say with this but..

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟341,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry. I think that I clicked on report by mistake. I have no reason to report your reply.

thank you Mr Blade

You are right. If we walk in the Spirit He will build us the way we are supposed to be. If we do not walk in the Spirit we will fall short of what He wants.

Upvote 0

Wayne Gabler

Jan 26, 2020
Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm in the process of (trying to) making myself 'warmer', for good reason:
Re:3:14-22:
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
These things saith the Amen,
the faithful and true witness,
the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works,
that thou art neither cold nor hot:
I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Because thou sayest,
I am rich,
and increased with goods,
and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art wretched,
and miserable,
and poor,
and blind,
and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,
that thou mayest be rich;
and white raiment,
that thou mayest be clothed,
and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve,
that thou mayest see.
As many as I love,
I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore,
and repent.
Behold,
I stand at the door,
and knock:
if any man hear my voice,
and open the door,
will come in to him,
and will sup with him,
and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame,
and am set down with my Father in his throne.
He that hath an ear,
let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

'Food' in the NT odten refers to eating up the wisdom found on the words in the Bible.

1Co:3:2:
I have fed you with milk,
and not with meat:
for hitherto ye were not able to bear it,
neither yet now are ye able.

Heb:5:12:
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers,
ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
and are become such as have need of milk,
and not of strong meat.

1Co:11:27-34:
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread,
and drink this cup of the Lord,
unworthily,
shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself,
and so let him eat of that bread,
and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily,
eateth and drinketh damnation to himself,
not discerning the Lord's body.
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you,
and many sleep.
For if we would judge ourselves,
we should not be judged.
But when we are judged,
we are chastened of the Lord,
that we should not be condemned with the world.
Wherefore,
my brethren,
when ye come together to eat,
tarry one for another.
And if any man hunger,
let him eat at home;
that ye come not together unto condemnation.
And the rest will I set in order when I come.

That might be what this verse is referencing, rather than the meals Jesus has with sinners:
1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟341,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm in the process of (trying to) making myself 'warmer', for good reason:
Re:3:14-22:
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
These things saith the Amen,
the faithful and true witness,
the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works,
that thou art neither cold nor hot:
I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold nor hot,
I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Because thou sayest,
I am rich,
and increased with goods,
and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art wretched,
and miserable,
and poor,
and blind,
and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,
that thou mayest be rich;
and white raiment,
that thou mayest be clothed,
and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;
and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve,
that thou mayest see.
As many as I love,
I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore,
and repent.
Behold,
I stand at the door,
and knock:
if any man hear my voice,
and open the door,
will come in to him,
and will sup with him,
and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame,
and am set down with my Father in his throne.
He that hath an ear,
let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

'Food' in the NT odten refers to eating up the wisdom found on the words in the Bible.

1Co:3:2:
I have fed you with milk,
and not with meat:
for hitherto ye were not able to bear it,
neither yet now are ye able.

Heb:5:12:
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers,
ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
and are become such as have need of milk,
and not of strong meat.

1Co:11:27-34:
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread,
and drink this cup of the Lord,
unworthily,
shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself,
and so let him eat of that bread,
and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily,
eateth and drinketh damnation to himself,
not discerning the Lord's body.
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you,
and many sleep.
For if we would judge ourselves,
we should not be judged.
But when we are judged,
we are chastened of the Lord,
that we should not be condemned with the world.
Wherefore,
my brethren,
when ye come together to eat,
tarry one for another.
And if any man hunger,
let him eat at home;
that ye come not together unto condemnation.
And the rest will I set in order when I come.

That might be what this verse is referencing, rather than the meals Jesus has with sinners:
1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.

Thank you

I'm sure God will bless you in your effort to get warmer. I agree that food in the bible quite often refers to the word of God.

I disagree with your versions ( Geneva?) translation of 1Corinthians 11. The people were not eating into damnation (loss of salvation) . They were eating into judgment as a Child of God. The word used could ,mean damnation or judgment. Most versions translate it to “they were eating into judgment”. That is not the white throne judgment. That is God judging for discipline. God chastens His Children. As long as they are being chastened they are His. His chastisement caused to those who did not repent to go to sleep. That is Paul's way of saying that they died physically. not eternally.

Upvote 0

Wayne Gabler

Jan 26, 2020
Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I prefer the 1611KJV as it has a copyright. That means other English Bible have to be different enough they qualify as a new book. That seems to break the Re:22 warning about changing any part of the Bible without getting cursed by God for your troubles.
I took the general meaning as 'food at home' saves your body and 'food in Church' saves your soul, so you are alive for the 1,000 year reign rather than remaining in sleep until the GWT resurrection..

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟341,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most versions just use different words to say the same thing.

I do not believe that when something is translated differently that it means something was added unless it was done on purpose to get a desired end. If they add somrthing that is different. Example.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. NKJV

It is my understanding that the bold part of the above was not in the original text. Most translations do not have that phrase. It is a true statement but it is also true without the phrase and it expresses what Paul wanted to convey..

John 3:18\ "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already. NKJV

That proves there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. When you believe in Christ you are in Christ.

1 John 3:5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. NKJV

That proves that in Jesus there is no condemnation. If you are in Him and there is no sin in Him you are without sin and cannot be condemned. There is no sin in Jesus because God does not impute sin to those in Christ. There are more proofs but these prove my point.

The people doing the translating used that phrase from verse 4 because they thought that was more correct than the way Paul wrote it. Those people will get the curses in rev 22.

I differ with some of what you have said . I want to keep most of my comments on the topic. May God bless your journey to get warm.

Upvote 0