United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Caedmon said:
That's a pretty rosary, Holly. :) There are a couple of rosaries that I've had my eye on, but I don't know if I should buy them.

Ah thank you. :) I believe I'll probably buy it with my birthday money. :D

Upvote 0

AnnieG

Watering the Flos Carmeli with her tears
Aug 6, 2005
✟8,047.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
@Caedmon
I think if you understand "Gnadenstuhl", than you are already quite advanced in your studies. I've been traveling to Poland every year for quite a space of time. It is my favorite country. I've never been to an English-speaking country except for a school trip to London (I visited Westminster Cathedral secretly...). If you too want a free rosary made by a Polish hermit, I could give you an address.

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have four rosaries. The first one is black, which I can't find any where. The second one is a small wooden one that a friend gave me. I keep that one on my prayer corner. It's pretty worn out. He said it so much that it looks like it broke on more then one occation and is missing a few beads. That one I donlt touch I kust leave it at my corner. I'm afraid if i start using it it will brak somemore. I have a small blue and white one that I keep on the rear view mirror of my car.
The last one that I have my mother gave to me many moons ago. It has brwon beads. That is the one that I sometimes keep in my pocket. That's the one that I pray with

Peace

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When I came back to the Catholic Church early this year I bought for myself a rosary with clear translucent beads that glittered colors in the light, but with a more 'oily' color than 'bright'. It was quite nice and I was very happy to have it but I mentioned a few times to my wife that I would really love to have a wooden rosary.

Amazingly enough, at my birthday last month my mother (who remains Baptist) gifted me with a wooden rosary. And no one had even mentioned to her that I wanted a wooden one! For me it was as if God was saying he was pleased that I had re-found His church and here was something to encourage me.

I don't know what kind of wood it is at all, but the crucifix has very small image of Jesus on it and on the reverse side it has "Jerusalem" in black letter. The medal, which is also quite small, has Mary on the front and a potent cross on the reverse with the word Jerusalem horizontally along the cross.

I gave my other rosary to my wife, in hopes of encouraging her a little more towards the Catholic Church. Even though we are now divorcing I know she will keep that rosary and cherish it.

I love being a part of God's plans :) He brought to me the rosary I really wanted to encourage me, and through that put my other rosary in the hands of someone who will really need it in their life.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
VNVnation said:
I gave my other rosary to my wife, in hopes of encouraging her a little more towards the Catholic Church. Even though we are now divorcing I know she will keep that rosary and cherish it.

I love being a part of God's plans :) He brought to me the rosary I really wanted to encourage me, and through that put my other rosary in the hands of someone who will really need it in their life.
Aw dude, I'm sorry. :( I will pray for you and your wife. Hopefully she will receive graces from the rosary and be led to the Church. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My daughter and I made a rosary for my Mom as an 80th birthday present.

When she received it, she gave me her favorite rosary--sterling silver hearts.

After she passed away, we kept the rosary we had made for her--blue crystal beads, with the initial of each member of our family on the Our Father beads--there are five of us. That, and the sterling silver heart rosary, are my favorites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrZoom

Catholic on Wheels
Jun 3, 2004
West Virginia
✟8,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have several rosaries.

The one I have in my pack right now has a crucifix with a heart motif on the cross front (behind the corpus) and on the back the words "Credo in Deum Patrem". The center medal has, on the front, a color image of the Holy Family, and on the back, a Chi-Rho and Alpha and Omega. The beads are red; polished wood I think. I got it from an apostolate down in Texas, I think they sent it to me cold, looking for donations. I called them up and said thanks for the rosary, but could you please take me off your list as I am swamped with various apostolates asking for money. :p

Like another person in this thread, I have a Knights of Columbus rosary that I received when I made first degree.

I also have a Lourdes water rosary with blue beads. Bought it (along with a crucifix made of wood from the Holy Land) with birthday money from my adopted sister Adriana's Grandma Langlet, IIRC.

Also a rosary with green glass beads and gold (plated? I'm not sure) chain and crucifix. Green and yellow just so happen to be the colors of my college alma mater, Wright State University. :D
(I previously had a plastic green and yellow rosary, in fact I believe that was the very first rosary I owned as an adult! But I gave it to a former director of the Handicapped Encounter Christ (HEC) program here in West Virginia. She is a Green Bay Packers fan, and of course their team colors are also green and yellow.)

And a few others -- including one I got for the Jubilee year, which I honestly don't use much as the beads are not my favorite style. Might give that one away.

Somewhere around is a rosary with brown wooden beads, it came in a "Chocolate Rosary" fundraising pack (yep, with actual chocolate rosary parts you could eat!) which Handicapped Encounter Christ used for a fundraiser many years back. Unfortunately my pastor at the time wouldn't give me permission to sell these in the back of church, so I made a couple freelance sales and bought one for myself. I have in the past considered that my "official HEC rosary" and prayed it specifically for HEC intentions....so that we could beat the HEC outta the devil! ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.