What kind of God do you believe in?

God is ...?

• ... a purely spiritual entity (John 4:24). He is beyond concepts of "male" and "female."

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • ... a purely spiritual entity, but the Bible encourages us to see Him as a Father (Galatians 4:6).

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • ... a purely spiritual entity, and it might be better for us to see God as a Divine Feminine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... an entity with a soul and a physical body, like a human. This physical body is male.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • ... an entity with a soul and a physical body, like a human. This physical body is female.

• ... an entity with a soul and a physical body. This physical body is neither male nor female.

• ... none of the above (please explain)

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another thread made me realise that many people on CF don't worship the same God as I do. Hence this poll.

Clarification: I am talking about before the Incarnation (or, if you like, about God the Father only). Obviously, Jesus is a human male.

Last edited:

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Another thread made me realise that many people on CF don't worship the same God as I do. Hence this poll.
God is Spirit. God is Lord Jesus, the visible image of the invisible God. The Holy Spirit is God. I don't know any way for the limited human mind to comprehend God. One day all will be made clear, when the limitations we suffer now are removed.

Since we are limited, God speaks to us and identifies Himself in terms that we can understand. He reveals Himself as Creator, as Father, as Judge, as Provider, as Protector and Healer. God, Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all described using the male pronoun. Introducing a feminine god is drifting into the occult, "Mother Earth", Mary worship and Gaia concepts. My advice is to keep it simple, keep it scriptural and don't go looking for meanings that are not there. We've survived 6,000 years without making God out to be female. I'm sure that we can manage a while longer.

Upvote 0

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,529.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For about 20 years I called God parent or mother and never used the masculine designation. That was all about me though because I was in horrible abusive relationships and couldn't bear to relate to a God who was anything like a bloke. God was very gracious about it though and gradually got me past that and all my exploring the Goddess and divine feminine ideas. One day a couple of years ago I was driving and pondering the whole God's Gender thing yet again and wondering why it was such a big deal, and for the only time ever I heard an audible voice tell me 'it's not about gender, it's about inheritance'. Which answered all my questions. Nearly crashed off the motorway in surprise but now I'm at peace with God as spirit.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about a purely spiritual entity with a soul and a physical body like a human, this physical body is male.

As I clarified, I'm not talking about Jesus here.

It would be contradictory for God the Father to be "purely spiritual" yet have "a physical body like a human."

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God as in God the Father is purely Spirit. He's not human therefore not an entity we can call either male or female the way we know male and female, but there is something about Him that can only be described through the expression of maleness. He is Father, He is male in some inexplicable way, so much so I would go to far as to call it blasphemous to compare His nature to anything feminine, and a complete misunderstanding of God..

But I cant say why either. It just, is...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You gave us Galatians 4:6 to go with the choice that God is our Father >

"And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, 'Abba, Father!'" (Galatians 4:6)

There are fathers who are very personal with their children. So, calling God our
"Father" can mean He is very personal with each of us. And sending His own Spirit into our hearts is indeed very personal.

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

So, this is a basic of Christianity, how God in us shares His own love with us. We experience this. God's love is kind and personal and having Heaven's quality of pleasant rest > Jesus says >

"you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

Our Father loves us by correcting us (Hebrews 12:4-14) so we live in His
"rest for your souls" of His love. And we love one another, by helping each other to rest in Jesus. Because our Father wants us to love, like this. And we desire to please Him.

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a statement of self pride.

No, it's a statement of fact.

You don't know many to get to that judgmental conclusion in a known to be conservative Christian forum.

But is this a "conservative Christian forum"? That's what I set up this poll to help answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it's a statement of fact.

But is this a "conservative Christian forum"? That's what I set up this poll to help answer.

It is almost impossible in a conservative Christian forum that many not worship the same God as you do!

It is a warning if you ever got to that conclusion or idea!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is almost impossible in a conservative Christian forum that many not worship the same God as you do!

I've just realised that English may not be your first language.

When I said "many," I meant "more than a few." I did not mean "the majority."

• Useful
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've just realised that English may not be your first language.

When I said "many," I meant "more than a few." I did not mean "the majority."

The warning does no harm, whatever you said. Many in English means many, you don't need to be a language expert to tell that unless you are trying to argue equivocally (by attacking one's language ability at the same time).

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Referring to your poll, NONE OF THE ABOVE. This poll, like most, if not all, is blind-sided.

My bad, no doubt, but can you please clarify what you believe is the CORRECT option?

• Useful
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.