• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

What kind of foolishness is God's?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by peter2, Jul 21, 2019.

1. peter2

peter2 Ordinary life contemplative

+61
    France
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, please, has Someone any idea where in the range of mental disorders would a psychiatrist classify this God's foolishness of 1 corinthians 1-25 :Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,782
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Letting man make certain decisions is a definition of His "foolishness" ;)

3. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,114
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    We had a huge bull that got sick and was weakened greatly by it when compared to the other bulls. But he could still throw you 20 feet over a fence. So his weakness was still stronger than the strongest of men. Of course God is not sick... but even spiritual things which the world considers foolish and therefore weak are stronger than the strongest reasoning and logic of men. One such thing is faith. Faith is foolishness to the man of the world. We believe in things that cannot be seen. They say we are children in our minds because of this. And they would be correct if the invisible things that we believe in were in fact non-existent. So in their eyes we are foolish... yet because the invisible things are real, howbeit invisible, then we are not foolish... we actually have more accurate knowledge than they.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,736
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    1st Corinthians 1:25
    But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;

5. peter2

+61
    France
    Christian
    Married
    Hello, yes i assume i understand what you mean. Likely is this the reason Why when in the parable, his prodigal son got lost, the father didn't go and look for him..Yet,in another parable the shepherd do abandon his 99 Sheep to look for the lost one..Looks like he risks any of the 99 to feel jealous like the prodigal son's elder brother, doesn't it? Is it not this the scripture Calls God's foolishness ? Couldn't it be a kind of lover's sickness of God? Must God be 'emotionproof', or is He able of emotion?
    And if God's weakness does exist, my initial question is still valid.

6. peter2

+61
    France
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, thank you; it doesn't yet answer precisely my question

7. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+643
    Christian
    Single
    I don’t think it means God is fool. I have understood that Paul is talking about resurrected Christ and it is foolish idea for Greeks. But that what those people think is foolish, is still wiser than men.

8. peter2

+61
    France
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you, Disciple of Jesus. Nor do i!
    Actually, it's crucifixion that makes Gentiles think so:23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto Jews a stumblingblock, and unto Gentiles foolishness; 24 but unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. from 1 Corinthians 1. Must admit my own gentile thinking is still vivid, since i still understand crucifixion as a foolishness. However, i'm believer, too, and God's foolishness is not my believing.

I rather wonder: since men Believe God foolish, and probably still nowadays, what kind of mental disorder do they think God is suffering? (Here i say : "men", for as believer, i never thought of God to be truly fool, and can't answer then my own question; those alone that think God's a fool can, albeit i understand myself this idea of his foolishness)