What kind of Confession does your church embrace?

Sep 1, 2003
Centralia, WA
Visit site
✟261.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Our church holds to the LBC. We are reformed baptist and just last week changed our name to Founders Baptist to clarify who we are!
Blessings on your day today!

Wow! I take it your church is a "Founders Friendly" Church?

Our Church holds to the 1689 LBC ! So I guess you could say I am a 1689er! I also enjoy the WCF and both the Shorter and Larger Catechisms (what a great source for biblically sound definitions of theological terms) However, I differ with my Presbyterian brothers concerning the nature of the New Covenant.

In Christ
MC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strengthinweakness

Engaged to be married to Starcradle!
May 31, 2004
Maryland
✟8,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My church officially holds to the revised New Hampshire Confession of Faith from 1853. From what I can tell though, most members do not seem to hold to Article XV, "Of The Christian Sabbath." :( This section sets forth the understanding of the Lord's Day as the Christian Sabbath, "to be kept sacred to religious purposes by preparation for that rest that remaineth for the people of God." I agree with this Article, as well as Article XII, "Of The Harmony Of The Law And The Gospel," (the subject of which I have had occasion to debate on SR at times, to my surprise!) and all other, less "controversial" Articles in this great, historic Confession. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rockytrails

Jun 5, 2007
south western United states
✟15,532.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One place where I do not fully agree is where it says that the Pope is THE Antichrist. It said that hundreds of years ago. Therefore, I believe that those popes were antichrists, but not The Antichrist. The new Pope could be, however, but it is too soon to tell.
uhm?

did you know any one who believes in Jeus his merits alone for their salvation .are still damned to hell by the popes?
what could be more anti Christ in the church than that?

Why do the popes accept worship? When even Gods holy angels dared not?

here is a non reformed a lutheran site that say's also that the papacy is the very Antichrist
I SUGGEST THE PDF FILE AS IT IS ADOBE READER AND DOES NOT DOWN lOAD AS APERMANT FILE AND IT DOWN LOADS IN JUST A SECOND OR SO ON A FAIRLY NEW COMPUTER.
http://www.wlstheologia.net/subject/A/Antichrist

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Augustinus51

Sep 30, 2008
✟15,136.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I was just wondering how many Calvinists hold to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. If you do not, what confession does your church hold to?

Hi, I do not hold the London Baptist confession. As French, the confession of my Church is the "Confessio Gallicana" (Confession de La Rochelle :cool:) of 1559, almost totaly drafted by Calvin himself ;)
I'm also very attached to the Augsburg confession (1530) to which subscribed J. Calvin when he was at Strasburg and Bucer, Capito, etc; (This last document is probably the most irenic and orthodox confession I know, even if it doesn"t talk about everything, like the "sola scriptura" --it is only suggested at the 21st article--, and it is because of this that I add the Gallicana)...
About baptism, I'm not sure that this theology can be really compatible with calvinism. In any case, I don't think that we should receive confessions drafted after the 16th century (and it concerns also the confession of Westminster. But, you will say, it is only my opinion... :doh::sorry::blush:)

Reactions: xapis
Upvote 0

xapis

Soli Deo gloria!
Jul 1, 2004
Lambsburg, VA
Visit site
✟10,964.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In any case, I don't think that we should receive confessions drafted after the 16th century (and it concerns also the confession of Westminster. But, you will say, it is only my opinion... :doh::sorry::blush:)

Why would you draw that line and not include the Westminster Standards? Certainly, it's not due to theological problems, or is it? I'd like to understand your reasons for taking this position.

Upvote 0

Theognome

Oct 8, 2008
Kansas City
✟7,703.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I was just wondering how many Calvinists hold to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. If you do not, what confession does your church hold to?

Officially, my church holds to the Belgic Confession of 1561, and uses the Heidelberg Catechism for instruction as well. Although we don't use the Westminster Confession, we are sympathetic to it.

Theongome

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I am so late in answering this but I am bored so I am going to go ahead and answer it. Since I have been attending CC South Bay, we hold to nothing but Pope Check Smiths words. :p

I myself like the Westminster Standards but I'm having some issues with the Pope issue as well. Not to mention I am in conflict with the paedo vs credo baptism debate. So those portions are still in the air.

Upvote 0