Yuba City, CA
✟9,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to go for dark roasts like French and Italian, but then a friend introduced me to quality lighter roasts and I discovered a world of flavor possibilities I didn't know existed. I don't mean added flavors but the flavors inherent to the beans -- flavors often lost in a dark roast. That doesn't mean I now shun dark roasts, but I gravitate more often to medium or medium-light roasts.

Now I have the good fortune of a friend who is also a local artisan roaster and he turns out some superb roasts. And I occasionally roast beans which I get from my bud or from Sweet Maria's, tending toward those grown in high altitudes and/or lava-rich soils. Some of the best have come from the Boquete region in Panama and small growers in Guatemala. The French Press is my preferred brew method. And after drinking my coffee black for 50 years, I now think a little whipped cream tops things off nicely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My thought is: Life is too short for crappy coffee. Mass-poduced coffee like Duncan Doughnuts is the equivalent of fast food. In other words, if DD makes the best coffee, then McDonalds makes the best hamburgers and Budweiser makes the best beer. . .

Great coffee comes from great beans, picked when ripe,, dried, stored, and roasted properly, ground to the right consistency (for the breaking method) and brewed skillfully. Once you have a cup of coffee that meets these requirements, you will never go back.

Update. The last few bags of DD coffee haven't been up to their previous standard (Covid related?). I may have to look around for another brand. :(

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I like Vietnamese coffee,

That reminds me of my time in Vietnam.
Around Christmas in 2012.
It was a fine time.

@ Coffee

I like normal coffee, with milk, but no sugar.
I also like Espresso and Capuccino.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrossTheTaiga

Ad astra per aspera
Mar 14, 2006
Zaanstreek Waterland
Visit site
✟57,498.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~Reads half of the topic title and blurts out: NOT ENOUGH!~:coffee: :twohearts:

Moka pot/stove top and slow drip user here. We often opt for dark roast/arabica. Brands like Tschibo, Lavazza, Simon & Levelt, Illy, Destination are fine/good. Husband is espresso fan, I go for cappucino's/(latte) macchiato's. Ethiopian and Turkish coffee? Yes please..as strong as possible:)

And we grind our own coffeebeans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the "I have to drive over 4 hours" coffee :)

I don't regularly drink coffee, though I do love the smell, the only time I'd drink coffee is at the start of a long journey where I have to drive ... almost any coffee would do, preferably the sweet type - or black coffee mixed with a drink (bubble teas) :p

Upvote 0