Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My thought is: Life is too short for crappy coffee. Mass-poduced coffee like Duncan Doughnuts is the equivalent of fast food. In other words, if DD makes the best coffee, then McDonalds makes the best hamburgers and Budweiser makes the best beer. . .

Great coffee comes from great beans, picked when ripe,, dried, stored, and roasted properly, ground to the right consistency (for the breaking method) and brewed skillfully. Once you have a cup of coffee that meets these requirements, you will never go back.

I thought we were friends. :(

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I thought we were friends. :(

We absolutely are! Why would you think otherwise?

Friends want the best for friends. Let me buy you a nice cup of coffee.

coffee-cup-black01-lg.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We absolutely are! Why would you think otherwise?

Friends want the best for friends. Let me buy you a nice cup of coffee.

coffee-cup-black01-lg.jpg

Thanks! (Cream please.)

Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I use to drink mine black. Thus, it had to be fresh ground. And I found percolated tasted much better to me, than drip. No sugar.

Later I got into making my own almond or sesame milk and adding some coconut sugar, but I have since turned in my brew for a juicer instead. Even decaffeinated drinks have caffeine and my body stopped tolerating, sending me into serious dehydration with just one cup.

Green drinks are now my brew.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use to drink mine black. Thus, it had to be fresh ground. And I found percolated tasted much better to me, than drip. No sugar.

Later I got into making my own almond or sesame milk and adding some coconut sugar, but I have since turned in my brew for a juicer instead. Even decaffeinated drinks have caffeine and my body stopped tolerating, sending me into serious dehydration with just one cup.

Green drinks are now my brew.

Wow. :) Me too for awhile, I was juicin' it too. Have you ever juiced a few potatoes and drank a glass of potato juice? Whoa! Instant energy. When that hits your bloodstream it does the same thing sugar does. I felt like I did a few white crosses, lol.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Chaplains Coffee Shop.

To the first recent poster I ask, how do you make your own almond or sesame milk? I've bought almond or soy milk before but would like to learn to make them.

To the last poster I say I'm a bit surprised about the potato juice but will gladly give it a try. I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and take meds to give me energy. But I'm always looking for a better, less toxic way.

I am currently drinking Ferrara Express Coffee made in an Expresso machine. I steam my milk and mix the two with a little Splenda for my morning or afternoon coffee. In Italy they call the drink, Cafe Latte. I think the Spanish speaking call it Cafe Con Leche. The french have a version as well, Cafe au lait.

God bless you both and your families.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Chaplains Coffee Shop.

To the first recent poster I ask, how do you make your own almond or sesame milk? I've bought almond or soy milk before but would like to learn to make them.

To the last poster I say I'm a bit surprised about the potato juice but will gladly give it a try. I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and take meds to give me energy. But I'm always looking for a better, less toxic way.

I am currently drinking Ferrara Express Coffee made in an Expresso machine. I steam my milk and mix the two with a little Splenda for my morning or afternoon coffee. In Italy they call the drink, Cafe Latte. I think the Spanish speaking call it Cafe Con Leche. The french have a version as well, Cafe au lait.

God bless you both and your families.

I don't like the additives of even non-dairy products so I make my own. Also more beneficial to the body that it not be pasteurized (nondairy)

I make my almond and sesame milk the same way.

• Organic nuts/seeds. (Sesame WITH hulls)
• Soak 8 hrs. Rinse twice in between. (Especially for the almonds, the soaking removes an enzyme inhibitor. Enzymes are necessary for strong and vibrant health)

• Blend in blender with water
• Pour into milk bag
• Strain

Voila!
Refrigerate in glass. Use in 3 days for freshest taste.

I use to pour the milk back into clean blender and add soaked dates to make it sweeter. That was years ago. No longer need that. Man made sweeteners will keep you feeble in health.

I buy my almonds and seeds more directly from farmers RAW. In the US all commercial seeds and nuts are ZAPPED (eradicated) to stop the spoiling. Its the law. That means the Enzymes are killed off. Dead food = Dead body. Fresh food with living enzymes keep you healthier.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow. :) Me too for awhile, I was juicin' it too. Have you ever juiced a few potatoes and drank a glass of potato juice? Whoa! Instant energy. When that hits your bloodstream it does the same thing sugar does. I felt like I did a few white crosses, lol.

Wait a minit...i have NEVER heard of this...can you give more details?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait a minit...i have NEVER heard of this...can you give more details?

Sure. It's the starch in potatoes. I guess it's very similar to sugar. Because when you digest it and it hits your bloodstream,boom, it turns to glucose (sugar). So you get the sugar rush. But without the sugar, which is kinda bad for you. So it's a healthier way to get energy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sure. It's the starch in potatoes. I guess it's very similar to sugar. Because when you digest it and it hits your bloodstream,boom, i turns to glucose (sugar). So you get the sugar rush. But without the sugar, which is kinda bad for you. So it's a healthier way to get energy.

Sooooo how many potatoes, and do i use any water?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sooooo how many potatoes, and do i use any water?

I used to juice potatoes a lot just for the energy. No water, nothing. It takes about 3 or 4 potatoes depending on how big they are and juice a water glass full of it. It has a texture when you drink it, but not bad just different. It doesn't taste bad either.

Drink it down and..go to work, lol.

One of the best books I own:
Prescription for Nutritional Healing (Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd | eBay

"Prescription For Nutritional Healing" is great. You look up your symptom, like a cold or flu, and the book tells you what to eat and not eat so that your body can heal itself of whatever it is that you have. Then it also has sections on...Herbs and their uses, Vitamins and their uses, and foods and what their active ingredients are nutritionally speaking and all that.
one of the best books I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I used to juice potatoes a lot just for the energy. No water, nothing. It takes about 3 or 4 potatoes depending on how big they are and juice a water glass full of it. It has a texture when you drink it, but not bad just different. It doesn't taste bad either.

Drink it down and..go to work, lol.

One of the best books I own:
Prescription for Nutritional Healing (Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd | eBay

"Prescription For Nutritional Healing" is great. You look up your symptom, like a cold or flu, and the book tells you what to eat and not eat so that your body can heal itself of whatever it is that you have. Then it also has sections on...Herbs and their uses, Vitamins and their uses, and foods and what their active ingredients are nutritionally speaking and all that.
one of the best books I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

Thanks!!!!

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm having my morning coffee right now. The clock went back on it's own so it's an hour earlier than normal. It takes me a couple of days to adjust.

What's new? Are you doing OK? It's good to hear from you. God bless you Brinny.

Upvote 0