Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Folgers Black Silk, brewed 'campfire style' on the stove in a simple pot that can then just be tossed into the dishwasher to clean (I ditched my coffee-maker, since those things grow experiments if they're not cleaned regularly with special -- and likely toxic if ingested -- cleaners).

• Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Icy Blended anything. caramel with chocolate; white chocolate with mint; vanilla with caramel... mmmm

At home, French Roast - extra bold and very strong, over ice.

When I am not at home....iced coffee, iced Americano or regular coffee with 3 things of French Vanilla cream

0 homeless pray for the homeless.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A thread about one of my favorite things --- coffee!

I drink an Italian coffee called Ferrara Cafe Espresso. I make it in a simple expresso machine. After it's finished it's mixed with hot milk and a spoonful or two of sugar. The end product is what is known as Cafe Latte in Italy or Cafe con leche in Spain.

Welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Today I started off with what I call "kava-java", which is kava tea* spiked with instant coffee, for a simultaneous combination of alertness and calm.

*whenever I mention kava tea I feel compelled to add a caveat that this particular tea doesn't play nice with some medications, so if anyone reading this wants to try it, please run it by your doctor first to rule out any nasty side-effects. Also, try not to pair it with alcohol, as the liver will likely just get up and walk out of the room due to being overwhelmed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dunkin Donuts "Original" blend.
I'm with you. All the dark roasts, etc. are acceptable as a one-time drink, but as a steady diet, Dunkin's original is the most satisfying...and a lot of coffee experts say it also.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My thought is: Life is too short for crappy coffee. Mass-poduced coffee like Duncan Doughnuts is the equivalent of fast food. In other words, if DD makes the best coffee, then McDonalds makes the best hamburgers and Budweiser makes the best beer. . .

Great coffee comes from great beans, picked when ripe,, dried, stored, and roasted properly, ground to the right consistency (for the breaking method) and brewed skillfully. Once you have a cup of coffee that meets these requirements, you will never go back.

• Agree
Reactions: cj.
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ewww, Mickey-D's is the worst coffee in the world! Ugh. I'll drink tea before i drink their coffee.

I watched that Breaking Bad show when it was on and Walter White had an elaborate coffee maker set up in his lab. Remember that? I wanted to have one because I thought it was cool. So I did some googling about it and found out that it was and wasn't a real coffee maker. That is was based on a real coffee maker ( a vacuum coffee maker) but thier setup was a hollywood joke to make it look good for the "chemist".

But those vacuum type coffee makers are real. It's a double pot system where one pot sits on top of the other...and is purported to make some of the best coffee in the world. Has anyone here owned such a system? Does it really make coffee that much better?

I wasn't sold on it when I found out Walter's setup wasn't real but I wonder if I should get a vacuum coffee maker?

51x18JLDB%2BL._SX425_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0