Not open for further replies.

bonniea84

Praying for Armed Forces
May 3, 2004
Laramie, WY
✟280.00
Faith
Christian
Hmmm, I wasn't sure how to answer this one either. Well, at one time I was a very confused one, especially after everything that went down at General Convention and almost left the church over that because I felt our Bishop didn't bother ask us how we wanted him to vote. However, I decided I wasn't going to let that issue push me out of the church.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PaladinValer said:
Bonnie, do you know how the ECUSA is structured?
What is that?

Bonnie, I'm glad you didn't leave the church over that issue - there's always going to be something in every church you don't agree with, since they're all made up of imperfect folks like us! :blush:

A dear friend once told me "if you find the perfect church don't join - you'll spoil it!" Charming! But she's right in fact. :)

I think a great strength of the Anglican church is it's openess and availability to all sorts of people, and particularly people who are "on the fringe" and not sure about Christianity. If we could only get better at moving them on through that and into living faith I'd be a lot happier.

You may notice I don't display the Anglican symbol here. I'm a slightly reluctant Anglican, here due to geographical reasons more than anything. I also duck back over to the Evangelical church in the town nearby,where I was saved, for a monthly ladies fellowship, and their beliefs are closer to my own. I also went to a Baptist Bible study group for a while, and felt at home there too.

But I do love my church and my brothers and sisters here, despite any misgivings about Anglicanism in general or shortcomings at this particular place. I know I'm where I'm meant to be despite the difficulties.

Blessings, Susana

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, day after tomorrow, I'll be a brand spanking new Anglican/Episcopal.
:clap:
I'm still learning about the church, but with what I do know, I love it. I feel right at home, and will be proud to be an Episcopalian.
:bow:

Upvote 0

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well congratulations Baritmeus. You've contacted me in person, but as this is the Anglican forum i'd like to proclaim amazing thanks that you are joining the Anglican communion. I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the people here on CF, but would like to make you welcome here on the Anglican forum. I shall pray for you on the occasion of your confirmation, but am sure you won't need it! I wish you all the blessings the Holy Spirit can offer, and a rich a full life. I pray that you are blessed in the Holy Spirit. God bless

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
tomuea said:
Well congratulations Baritmeus. You've contacted me in person, but as this is the Anglican forum i'd like to proclaim amazing thanks that you are joining the Anglican communion. I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the people here on CF, but would like to make you welcome here on the Anglican forum. I shall pray for you on the occasion of your confirmation, but am sure you won't need it! I wish you all the blessings the Holy Spirit can offer, and a rich a full life. I pray that you are blessed in the Holy Spirit. God bless
Thank you. :)

I do appreciate the prayer support...I can always use it. For me, prayer is firing the winning shot. :D

God bless!

:angel:

Upvote 0

bonniea84

Praying for Armed Forces
May 3, 2004
Laramie, WY
✟280.00
Faith
Christian
The Lord is my banner said:
What is that?

Bonnie, I'm glad you didn't leave the church over that issue - there's always going to be something in every church you don't agree with, since they're all made up of imperfect folks like us! :blush:

A dear friend once told me "if you find the perfect church don't join - you'll spoil it!" Charming! But she's right in fact. :)

I think a great strength of the Anglican church is it's openess and availability to all sorts of people, and particularly people who are "on the fringe" and not sure about Christianity. If we could only get better at moving them on through that and into living faith I'd be a lot happier.

You may notice I don't display the Anglican symbol here. I'm a slightly reluctant Anglican, here due to geographical reasons more than anything. I also duck back over to the Evangelical church in the town nearby,where I was saved, for a monthly ladies fellowship, and their beliefs are closer to my own. I also went to a Baptist Bible study group for a while, and felt at home there too.

But I do love my church and my brothers and sisters here, despite any misgivings about Anglicanism in general or shortcomings at this particular place. I know I'm where I'm meant to be despite the difficulties.

Blessings, Susana
Hi Susana, there are so many people who were upset over the issue and the way our bishop voted, my mother included. She told me she will eventually come back to church, but for now she needs to distance herself and pray. It broke my heart to discover that other friends also left their churches. Like others who oppose it, I feel very strongly about it, but I was reminded by my friend Steve that Bishop Robinson won't be the Bishop of New Hampshire forever, and that we all need to stick together.

Most of those who left the church felt that our bishop represented himself and voted by his convictions and not as the Diocese of Wyoming, which is very conservative.

Upvote 0

bonniea84

Praying for Armed Forces
May 3, 2004
Laramie, WY
✟280.00
Faith
Christian
PaladinValer said:
Bonnie, do you know how the ECUSA is structured?
Hi. The ECUSA is constructed as follows: Frank Griswald as our Presiding Bishop. Each diocese has a bishop and a canon (an assistant to the bishop) In the Diocese of Wyoming, we have a retired bishop living in the town of Buffalo so we're fortunate to have two to cover such a large area. Some states may have more than one diocese, such as California and Florida. Since I belong to the Diocese of Wyoming, we have the bishop, then the dean of the cathedral for each diocese. Our cathedral is where I live here in Laramie. Then we have our various church by sizes of the congregation. I believe that the priest is called the rector if the congregation is over 100 people, and called a vicor if the members of the congregation is under 100 people. I'll need to look this information up. Please don't take this as Gospel. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bonniea84

Praying for Armed Forces
May 3, 2004
Laramie, WY
✟280.00
Faith
Christian
Bartimeus said:
Thank you. :)

I do appreciate the prayer support...I can always use it. For me, prayer is firing the winning shot. :D

God bless!

:angel:
I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to watch Bartimeus's confirmation on Saturday. It will be a regional confirmation which means we'll be driving 50 miles east of our local church to Cheyenne, the capital city.

Blessings to you all. :angel:

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
bonniea84 said:
I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to watch Bartimeus's confirmation on Saturday. It will be a regional confirmation which means we'll be driving 50 miles east of our local church to Cheyenne, the capital city.

Blessings to you all. :angel:
can I :blush: now? ;)

So far, the weather, if it holds out, is going to be awesome for the occasion.

:holy:

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Praise the Lord! The weather wqas awesome today, and so was the service! :)

I do have one funny story to share. The priest officiating at the service forgot to do the dismassal that was there in the program. Instead, he said "now, let's go to lunch." At which point, I believe it was the priest at the church I attend, said "thanks be to God!"

Needless to say, that got quite the laugh. :D

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I consider myself a moderate Episcopalian. On some issues, I'm considered a "liberal" (women clergy for one example) while on others (like abortion), I'm considered a "conservative."

Since in reality I cannot be given either label, I call myself a moderate Episcopalian (and Christian for that matter as well!). As explained in an earlier post, I'm a High Churcher through-and-through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GilChrist

Reborn in Christ
Apr 21, 2004
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟15,121.00
Faith
Protestant
I would classify myself as a traditionalist in terms of the Episcopal sense. I live outside Philadelphia and our Bishop is one of the many that seems to make the news more than he does church visitations.

The whole mess the current church leadership has gotten the Episcopal church into is truly disheartening. I am lucky to have a parish that has stuck to the true faith. I know some people will argue me on it but how can you support a Bishop who when questioned by a local Vestry about the bible claimed the bible was written by the church and the church can change it. I find this deplorable from a man who's oath to the church (upon his investiture as Bishop) is supposed to declare that Bible is the word of God and contains all necessary means for our salvation.

Bennison is one of the worst Bishops. He is more intent to force his agenda on those who don't or won't accept it. He has run good priests out of the diocese. And every day I fear he will turn his sights on our parish priest.

The whole controversy is depressing.

Oh by the way, while Frank Grizwold is the "head" of the Episcopal Church in the US, he has no direct authority over the diocesan Bishops.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.