What Kind of Amusement Parks Have You Been to?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I live in FL, so I have been to all of the parks in Orlando and Busch Gardens here in Tampa. Outside of that I have also been to Disney Paris, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knox berry Farms, and we are hoping to go to Dollywood later this year. We used to have passes to the Disney parks here, but they are expensive and we gave them up a couple of years ago.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
took our daughter to WDW when she was younger
we didn't tell her we were going there until we were driving into parking lot....so it was a complete surprise!

Really? That's awesome!! :D I've been there quite a few times myself when I was younger. :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I live in FL, so I have been to all of the parks in Orlando and Busch Gardens here in Tampa. Outside of that I have also been to Disney Paris, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knox berry Farms, and we are hoping to go to Dollywood later this year. We used to have passes to the Disney parks here, but they are expensive and we gave them up a couple of years ago.

Why does it seem like fast passes are a lot harder to come by then just simply paying for them? And not like I would want to go right now anyways,.. but Disney has gotten SO (even more so) expensive that you pretty much need an arm and a leg to plan a vacation there today.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does it seem like fast passes are a lot harder to come by then just simply paying for them? And not like I would want to go right now anyways,.. but Disney has gotten SO (even more so) expensive that you pretty much need an arm and a leg to plan a vacation there today.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy expensive. I don't pay for the fast passes, the most I have done is make a breakfast reservation at a restaurant in the park so you can get in early. We book the passes on the app for what we can, but often those are booked up very fast because the people staying in Disney hotels get first dibs (which I understand it as a perk for staying there).

But the hotels are CRAZY expensive, so that's not really an option. Florida residents get a discount, but it is still over $100 a day just to get it.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Like Tampasteve I too am in Florida, but I am half between Orlando and Tampa. I have been to all the parks here with my favorite being SeaWorld. We have annual passes for there that we won't drop. They will stay $42 for four passes for as long as we keep them. Too good of a deal to give up. My parents bought myself, my girlfriend and her son the current deal for Universal Studios. We have had an annual pass for there as well as Disney.

I am also from the North and have been to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA as well as Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah, it's pretty crazy expensive. I don't pay for the fast passes, the most I have done is make a breakfast reservation at a restaurant in the park so you can get in early. We book the passes on the app for what we can, but often those are booked up very fast because the people staying in Disney hotels get first dibs (which I understand it as a perk for staying there).

But the hotels are CRAZY expensive, so that's not really an option. Florida residents get a discount, but it is still over $100 a day just to get it.

You should come with us to our virtual trip to Disneyland. It's absolutely free, no waiting in lines, and NO worrying about Covid-19. :D (Oh and btw, that's going to start next Monday I just haven't picked a time yet.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums