• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What Kind of Amusement Parks Have You Been to?

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by April_Rose, Aug 11, 2020.

1. April_Rose

April_Rose Well-Known Member

+2,229
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    For me I've only been to three major amusement parks. Walt Disneyworld, Cedar Point, and Kennywood. I really want to go to Universal though, because they have The Wizarding World of Harry Potter located there. :D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,538
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    took our daughter to WDW when she was younger
    we didn't tell her we were going there until we were driving into parking lot....so it was a complete surprise!

3. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞Steadfast Lutheran, Messianic leaning ✡ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+3,890
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I live in FL, so I have been to all of the parks in Orlando and Busch Gardens here in Tampa. Outside of that I have also been to Disney Paris, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knox berry Farms, and we are hoping to go to Dollywood later this year. We used to have passes to the Disney parks here, but they are expensive and we gave them up a couple of years ago.

4. April_Rose

+2,229
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Really? That's awesome!! :D I've been there quite a few times myself when I was younger. :)

5. April_Rose

+2,229
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Why does it seem like fast passes are a lot harder to come by then just simply paying for them? And not like I would want to go right now anyways,.. but Disney has gotten SO (even more so) expensive that you pretty much need an arm and a leg to plan a vacation there today.

6. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞Steadfast Lutheran, Messianic leaning ✡ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+3,890
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy expensive. I don't pay for the fast passes, the most I have done is make a breakfast reservation at a restaurant in the park so you can get in early. We book the passes on the app for what we can, but often those are booked up very fast because the people staying in Disney hotels get first dibs (which I understand it as a perk for staying there).

But the hotels are CRAZY expensive, so that's not really an option. Florida residents get a discount, but it is still over $100 a day just to get it.

7. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+7,538
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  8. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+975
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Like Tampasteve I too am in Florida, but I am half between Orlando and Tampa. I have been to all the parks here with my favorite being SeaWorld. We have annual passes for there that we won't drop. They will stay $42 for four passes for as long as we keep them. Too good of a deal to give up. My parents bought myself, my girlfriend and her son the current deal for Universal Studios. We have had an annual pass for there as well as Disney.

I am also from the North and have been to Dorney Park in Allentown, PA as well as Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ.

9. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+975
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    We absolutely love Harry Potter at Universal Studios. The three of us have the interactive wands as well.

10. April_Rose

+2,229
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

You should come with us to our virtual trip to Disneyland. It's absolutely free, no waiting in lines, and NO worrying about Covid-19. :D (Oh and btw, that's going to start next Monday I just haven't picked a time yet.)

11. April_Rose

+2,229
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    And no I've never been to Disneyland just Disneyworld.