Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You just keep on avoiding the question. I’ve asked 3 times and every time you absolutely refuse to answer it because the only answer you can give doesn’t make any sense. Your trying to say that God is leading people to repentance but hasn’t enabled them to repent which doesn’t make any sense and is the reason why you keep avoiding the question. Doesn’t this make you stop and wonder why God would be leading someone to repentance if He hasn’t enabled to repent? Nowhere has Paul actually said they haven’t been enabled that’s just your theory on the situation. Perhaps your theory is incorrect and you should reevaluate what’s actually being said here.

“Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:4-5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
You avoiding the fact that a person is dead before being made alive.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think of it this way there’s a rabbit in a cage submerged under water and your calling the rabbit to come up to you so he doesn’t drown but you refuse to open the cage. Would you say that your really trying to help the rabbit?
First the rabbit has already drowned to understand what Im saying. Wasn't Lazarus already dead before he did anything.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟13,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You avoiding the fact that a person is dead before being made alive.
Not at all. You are correct that a person is dead until he is made alive through obedience.

As Col 2:11-14 clearly says, the old, dead, sinful man goes into the water of baptism where the Holy Spirit cuts sin from him, adds him to Christ, resurrects him, and the new man rises out of the water.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. You are correct that a person is dead until he is made alive through obedience.

As Col 2:11-14 clearly says, the old, dead, sinful man goes into the water of baptism where the Holy Spirit cuts sin from him, adds him to Christ, resurrects him, and the new man rises out of the water.
Yes , you are avoiding it, or dont understand it. Made alive through obedience ? lol, sorry friend, one has to be alive to obey, you putting the wagon before the horse as they say.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟13,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes , you are avoiding it, or dont understand it. Made alive through obedience ? lol, sorry friend, one has to be alive to obey, you putting the wagon before the horse as they say.
What is death?
Something dead does not cease to exist.
Something dead is not necessarily inert.

Death is the separation of one thing from the thing that gives life.

The soul gives life to the body, so when the soul leaves the body, the body “dies”. The soul does not die, the body does. But the body is still there. It is still capable of action, all be it through modern technology.

So too with the soul. It “dies” when it is separated from the Life Giver (God) through sin. But the soul is still here, within our body, taking actions.

Look at Gen 2:17. When did God say Adam would die if he ate the fruit? Did He not say, “In the day you eat it you will die.”? He did. And so Adam died that very day: he was separated from God. He didn’t die physically for another 900+ years. But he died in the only way that matters to God that very day.

So dead does not mean incapable of action. It just means separation from God.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is death?
Something dead does not cease to exist.
Something dead is not necessarily inert.

Death is the separation of one thing from the thing that gives life.

The soul gives life to the body, so when the soul leaves the body, the body “dies”. The soul does not die, the body does. But the body is still there. It is still capable of action, all be it through modern technology.

So too with the soul. It “dies” when it is separated from the Life Giver (God) through sin. But the soul is still here, within our body, taking actions.

Look at Gen 2:17. When did God say Adam would die if he ate the fruit? Did He not say, “In the day you eat it you will die.”? He did. And so Adam died that very day: he was separated from God. He didn’t die physically for another 900+ years. But he died in the only way that matters to God that very day.

So dead does not mean incapable of action. It just means separation from God.
Death is separation. For example, a physically dead person is separated from this physical life. They can have no activity physically. They may be alive in another realm, like the rich man in hades, however he had no physical life.

A spiritually dead person is separated from God, he cant perform any spiritual activity, yet he may be alive in the physical realm and perform.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟13,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Death is separation. For example, a physically dead person is separated from this physical life. They can have no activity physically. They may be alive in another realm, like the rich man in hades, however he had no physical life.

Well put.

A spiritually dead person is separated from God, he cant perform any spiritual activity, yet he may be alive in the physical realm and perform.
He is separated from God, but he IS still able to function spiritually. He can still hear. Still believe. Still act. He is not spiritually incapacitated. Just separated from God by sin.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

DaDaBrothers

Aug 11, 2021
Corroios
✟4,417.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He can still hear. Still believe. Still act. He is not spiritually incapacitated.

A spiritually dead person can "still believe" ?
A spiritually dead person is not "spiritually incapacitated".

How does anyone arrive to this conclusions?

Why defend the spiritually dead? Woe to them! They are not heard:

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Not answered, cant find Him:

Proverbs 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

What is the cappability of the spiritually dead then? They can rot in their misery.

Is there any other cappability written in the bible? Where do you get this ideas from?

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟13,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A spiritually dead person can "still believe" ?
A spiritually dead person is not "spiritually incapacitated".

How does anyone arrive to this conclusions?

Why defend the spiritually dead? Woe to them! They are not heard:

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Not answered, cant find Him:

Proverbs 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

What is the cappability of the spiritually dead then? They can rot in their misery.

Is there any other cappability written in the bible? Where do you get this ideas from?
You were (and maybe still are, I can’t tell) spiritually dead. Wouldn’t you want someone to care that you were, and help you hear the Gospel so you could be saved? Yes, woe to them, but preach to them, don’t abandon them. Even God didn’t do that. No, He doesn’t listen to the prayers of the spiritually dead, but He does seek them out (through us who are saved) to help bring them out of misery into life.

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us, so that we could leave the ranks of the dead and become one with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed I do.
Why?
Because there is no difference between any of us spiritually. All are one body, with one hope, in one faith, with one Lord, saved through one baptism.
So no matter who was speaking, or to whom they were addressed, it was always the Holy Spirit giving the words, and the Body of Christ (the Church) (singular) to whine He was speaking.

I see, so that is what rightly dividing truth means to you, take every truth as truth for you?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely it would matter. God doesn’t hold Jews to a different standard than Gentiles. The way to salvation is the same for all men regardless of whether they’re Jew or Gentile.

But why do you think James excuse gentile believers from the Law of Moses in Acts 21:25?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But why do you think James excuse gentile believers from the Law of Moses in Acts 21:25?

That’s a really good point. James makes the same statement in Acts 15 as well. Paul actually said that Gentiles can eat meat offered to idols if they don’t know that it was offered to idols in 1 Corinthians 10:27-28. The idea is that they refrain for the sake of whoever told them it was offered to idols. So I don’t think the idea is that eating meat offered to idols is really something to be concerned about but if someone makes the point that this meat was offered to an idol then they should reject it as a way of showing their disapproval of giving offers to idols. As for strangled animals and fornication those apply to Jews as well.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s a really good point. James makes the same statement in Acts 15 as well. Paul actually said that Gentiles can eat meat offered to idols if they don’t know that it was offered to idols in 1 Corinthians 10:27-28. The idea is that they refrain for the sake of whoever told them it was offered to idols. So I don’t think the idea is that eating meat offered to idols is really something to be concerned about but if someone makes the point that this meat was offered to an idol then they should reject it as a way of showing their disapproval of giving offers to idols. As for strangled animals and fornication those apply to Jews as well.

I am not talking about just eating unclean animals, I am talking about the ENTIRE Law of Moses.

So if you read Acts 21:18-25, Jews who believe must continue to be zealous for the ENTIRE Law of Moses, while in vs 25, James exempted gentile believers from that rule.

Those are different standards.

Upvote 0

DaDaBrothers

Aug 11, 2021
Corroios
✟4,417.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, woe to them, but preach to them, don’t abandon them.

Yes I tell them the truth, I care for them, I tell them they are dead. That is not abandoning them, If I didnt care for them I would just say that they can "still believe", leaving them off to die deceived.

So I don’t think the idea is that eating meat offered to idols is really something to be concerned about but if someone makes the point that this meat was offered to an idol then they should reject it as a way of showing their disapproval of giving offers to idols.

Eating food sacrificed to animals is still of the devil and it will be punished:

Revelation 2:20 But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads My servants to be sexually immoral and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

You reject it so you dont go to hell, not because you are "showing disapproval" to men:

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

You should be concerned about it, so you dont sin against God because of ignorance, because even if you dont know the food was sacrificed to idols, you still sin against God, you are just lucky He is kind enough to forgive you for your ignorance, but I wouldnt bank on that, I would make sure the food wasnt sacrificed to idols before I eat anything. And if there is no way to know, dont eat it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well put.

He is separated from God, but he IS still able to function spiritually. He can still hear. Still believe. Still act. He is not spiritually incapacitated. Just separated from God by sin.
Hes spiritually dead. He can function naturally, since hes naturally alive, and so all his responses to the things of God are natural dead works. The most he can function is the natural mans religion, which equates to this Prov 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a[natural] man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
BN: "No I disagree, God desires all men to be saved and the verses I provided proves that not all who come to Christ will be saved. If that were true then John 15:6 and 2 Timothy 2:12 would be an impossibility."

John 15, not your single verse again idea. The disciples are cleaned by Christ by His Word, also Christ sends the comforter to abide in them, otherwise all are cast forth...

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Jesus tells the disciples how He has revealed all things of the Father to them ( to them it is given to know/believe in, the mysteries of the Kingdom) But Jesus chose them, they did not chose to believe in Him,, and esus ordains them ( gives them the Holy Spirit) to know Him and never depart..

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jesus again confirms, ( all in John 15) they are not of the world, but chosen out of the world ( remember Jesus prays not for the world but for those who the Father gave)..

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The world is not ,allowed to know the Father ( in the way we see the Son let them know Him and the Father) but now they were given judgement, so they are the hateful, who have no place in them for His word, and they reject the testimonies of God against themselves without a cause..

John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

BN: "The Corinthians were not spiritually discerned. He says that like 3 sentences later in the opening statement in chapter 3. The natural man cannot appraise all spiritual things but he can however still repent and turn to Christ by hearing the gospel. The gospel has the power to elicit a response and bring a person to repentance. The point Paul is making here is that the Corinthians are not setting their mind on the Spirit, they are still fleshly or carnal."

Putting it together, and the reason man does not accept the words that are Spirit and life ( of Christ) is because it is foolishness to them ( without the Spirit of God in them they are incapable of understanding or of believing).

The word of God is Spirit, it cannot be spoken to the carnal ( it is unto the spiritual)

1 Corinthians 1, also related all of this, how the preaching of he cross is foolishness, and it is foolish to the wise, and prudent, they are the disputers of this world ( as the word is disputed by them right now) but God makes their wisdom of this world into foolishness. The world cant know God by itself, by its own wisdom ( it needs the Spirit of God o know Him but the world cant receive it) but the disciples of Jesus were chosen to believe and receive the Spirit, which was with them and then was in them..

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

Corinthians 2:14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

When men are carnal, they do envy and strife, make divisions, they have no peaceful spirit inside of them ( the peace that Christ gives to us)

These are after the flesh, to m ind the things of their flesh, but those of the Spirit, ( given by Christ to believe with/understand) do the things of the Spirit.

Carnal is not only believing in God, it is against God, and if anyone has not the Spirit of God, this is because they are none of His ( not Hi sheep as He said to them of Israel)..

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
BN: "Now about Romans 9, not of him that runneth but of God who showeth mercy. Paul’s talking about God turning his calling from the Jews to the Gentiles.

“What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭9:30-32‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬"

BN: "This is why God turned His calling to the Gentiles. This is not about individuals being chosen to be saved. Christ’s sacrifice was for the sins of the world not just for a select group. He paid for the sins of all man so He will be the one to either acknowledge or deny each person before The Father on judgement day. He will be the one to choose who He will forgive and who He will not because He paid the price for all. The reason He paid the price for all is because salvation is offered to all. God cannot justly punish people in the lake of fire for failing to meet impossible expectations. That would be an unjust punishment. In order for God’s judgement to be just each person must be capable of complying with His expectations. This way when each person stands before Him they will have no excuse for their disobedience and will justly deserve their condemnation."

Reading the source of where Romans 9 and 10 speaks from, in Isaiah 65, all is described, of the Gentiles seeking the Lord, but not asking for Him, and being found of them that sought Him not.

This explains grace, and how the Lord does the calling, the seeking, and the choosing.

Israels name was let as a curse, for the Lords chosen, as Israel ( and all men on earth) can only walk after their own thoughts. * natural man without the Spirit of Gd understands nothing, believes nothing and cannot see with his darkness and blinded eyes)

So the Lord slayed the servant Israel, and called His servants by another name ( first called Christians at Antioch after Christ our Lord whom the Jews murdered as foretold).

God specifically says,H will leave a blessing and not destroy them all ( although they deserve it for their iniquities that God will repay on them)

Then they are given the Spirit to believe in the words Jesus Christ, they are Spirit and life, but nee to be chosen or the many disciples went away..

Isaiah 651 :I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

Isaiah 65:8 Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

Isaiah 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:
16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Romans 9, describes a lot more than your two verses again BN.

Firstly, that they are not all Israel that are of Israel, as said above in Isaiah 65, only some where left, God did not destroy all, and then all children of the flesh are not the children of God, but those of the promise ( of the Spirit) are..

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Those same things are confirmed again, the Lord makes some to honour ( after the Spirit) and some to dishonour ( the children of the flesh) as some are the vessels of wrath, ( who God wanted to destroy but did not to allow the inheritor of His Holy Mountain Christ to call us)

Then God ( through our Lord Jesus Christ) made known to us the riches of His glory, on the vessels of His grace ( mercy) which are His sheep He has always known prepared before to glory..

Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

The Gentiles did not follow after righteousness ( never followed after God)

Israel could not find God by faith, as God needed to call first before faith can work ( faith is the gift of God then)..

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Ephesians 2, explains all of this, how the Gentiles now were saved through faith, not of themselves, it is the gift of God.

This is created in Christ Jesus ( as it is the faith of Christ and by His faith we are redeemed to God)

Then the Gentiles in time past were in the flesh ( now called in the Spirit) as were the uncircumcision, and had no hope, and were far off ( lost sheep gone astray) and were made nigh by the blood of Christ. ( this is the faith of Christ.

Colossians 2, shows also, the death and rising of the Lord ( releasing the Spirit) gifts the Gentiles with the circumcision ( of he Spirit) made without hands, by the circumcision of Christ ( writing His laws in our heart/taking the stony heart of unbelief out)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Romans 10, continues, Israel did not all obey the Gospel, who believed the report ?

FAITH COMES BY HEARING.

They heard in Israel, as the sound went into all the earth.

The Gentiles found the Lord, by not seeking Him * not believing with their own faith) but God manifested Himself, to them ( whom He chose)..

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Israel it is testified, are disobedient and gainsaying, God had enough of that.

God made a new way, as Israel could not believe the report, due to having no ears to hear with ( the Lord called, chose and gave the Spirit for the ones He wanted to believe in Him as seen in all examples)..

John 12:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Freegrace: "I could give you 24-25 verses that tell us that faith without anything else results in salvation/eternal life."

Naturally you could, your nickname verifies that ?
I don't understand your snippy comment, ending with a questionable question mark.

But since you asked:

Salvation:

Mark 16:16 " He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Luke 8:12 "Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Acts 11:14 and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.'

Acts 16:31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Rom 10:9, 10 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

1 Cor 1:21 - For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

2 Tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

2 Thess 2:13 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Eternal Life:

John 3:15-16 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

1 Tim 1:16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

You're welcome.

But give, and stop witholding, and I will answer every single one if you like, as I do for everybody always.
All yours, my friend.

But before that, salvation is by doing all, and equally, non salvation is by not doing all well, but doing all wickedly.
I have no idea what you are trying to convey.

2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
If you think any of this is about how to get saved, you are mighty confused. Peter is encouraging his audience to grow up in the faith. Spiritual growth.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Where do you see works being required for salvation here?

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Ditto

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
Well, dead people don't do anything. Their souls are not there. And by the time people die, their destiny is cemented.

But if you are only speaking of spiritually dead people, then we have the answer from Rom 10:9. It says with their heart.
Exactly. So they dont believe.
Then I'd like your take on John 5:25 - Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Upvote 0