Status
Not open for further replies.

n2wolves

Sep 4, 2003
Tennessee
✟15,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
the one and only the church...his church.. the church of Christ and one does not become a member but one is added to the body..being the church, with Christ as the head of his church.

NECESSITIES FOR SALVATION
The Bible says one must hear the word of God: "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). One must believe in Christ: "... if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24). Jesus said we must repent of our sins: ""I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3). And we must confess Christ to be the Son of God, the good confession: "... if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9,10. And we must be baptized for the remission of sins, buried in baptism, for that is all baptism is, or ever has been-- a burial, where the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sins. In Acts 2:38, when the first gospel sermon was preached and those there who heard, many of them, cried out, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"--that is, What shall we do to be saved? Peter said, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)..

Upvote 0

xsimmsx

A New Creature
Nov 4, 2003
Philadelphia
✟7,891.00
Faith
Christian
edpobre said:
ZoneChaos,

You wrote:

I'm glad you asked Zone. The Bible says that God sent His son to redeem those under the law, that they may receive adoption as sons (Gal. 4:4-5). Thus, before you can become a child of God, you have to be redeemed by the blood of Christ.

The Bible says that those who have been justified by the blood of Christ have been reconciled to God through the death of Christ (Rom. 5:10-11). Eph. 2:16 says that they were reconciled to God in one body through the cross. That one body is the church and the head is Christ (Col. 1:1:cool: . The church was purchased (redeemed) by the blood of Christ (Acts 20:2:cool: .

Gal. 4:4-5 states that before one can become an adopted child of God, one must first of all be redeemed by the blood of Christ. And the only way to be redeemed is to be INSIDE the church that Christ purchased with his own bkood.

Ed

And the only way to get into that church is to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

thaiv

ChristianforChrist
Jan 23, 2004
Dallas
✟15,650.00
Faith
Christian
Some of this discussion is somewhat illogical. Let me explain. Once you beleive and are saved you are automatically part of the church of Christ. By this I mean you are a part of the church, which is Christ's, which belongs to Christ. This does not mean you have to go to a "church" that has the name "Church of Christ" on its bright, shining sign outside.

To say that your church is "of Christ" is just as divisive as saying, "I am of this denomination or that."

1 Cor. 1:12

Now I mean this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.

To say "I am of Christ" in the way of excluding the apostles and their teachings or of excluding other believers is as divisive as to say "I am of" this or that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.