Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I guess that most of these are ministries using the spiritual gift of mercy.
Mercy is listed in Romans 12:6-8
6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Here is a link to understanding the gift of mercy.

Not a bad guess Peter. Wouldn't certainty be more beneficial?

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where do you think "gifts" generate from, brother?

Hospitality, for instance, is a gift. So is mercy.
We are not talking about where things come from. We are talking about what things are.

Upvote 0

Cowwy

Aug 15, 2017
Mississauga
✟14,641.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mercy - though the mercy I express isn't the same one as every other. I give out my mercy at my own disadvantage even though I should've done more to punish the other person. Three times someone hit my car this year, I let all three of them walk away since I don't see any damages on my car. Even though I should've at least get their phone number as scare factor, but I didn't even do that. :(

Prophecies - As youth, I had been able to foresee the future that came to past and not just some random educated guess. At a young age I prophecy that the video game industry would boom at a exponential rate and the content would become radically vile. This came to past already with all sort of assortment of genre in the market from Donkey Kong, to dating, to gambling, all the way down to sex.

The future prophecy for video game is going to merge with our reality, which is already in the process for many years.

Now the prophecies I see are visions and dreams. No body in the church wants to hear them, because people think is unbiblical and that the gift has stopped. :(:(

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Right, mundane as in just showing the love of Jesus in small areas of life, not ''religious'' activities like being a preacher, etc... remind me of ''the parable of the good samaratian'', where the man that was robbed was lying on the side of the road bleeding... and a priest and a lawyer both passed the man by, but a tax collector saw him and had compassion and took him to a local inn to care for him... just little acts of love and compassion like that

And yet, what God calls precious and very dear to Him, you call mundane.

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And yet, what God calls precious and very dear to Him, you call mundane.

That wasnt my intention Brinny. By mundane, i meant areas of life that we often overlook, like passing strangers on the street or checking out at a grocery store.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That wasnt my intention Brinny. By mundane, i meant areas of life that we often overlook, like passing strangers on the street or checking out at a grocery store.

i appreciate you taking the time to explain. My dear brother, it's those very things that we "overlook" that is most precious to God's very heart. These are akin to the "hidden treasures", and "angels unawares" that is written about. I'd be happy to discuss it more. You have touched on something that may very well be the very thing that will be God's answer to what you have been seeking.

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

The Poetic Skunk

Nov 20, 2016
USA
✟14,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My gift is celibacy. I know it is not traditional in a sense but it enables me to center my passion on Christ to show others his kingdom. Essentially I can focus on the church always no matter where I am or who I am with.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My gift is celibacy. I know it is not traditional in a sense but it enables me to center my passion on Christ to show others his kingdom. Essentially I can focus on the church always no matter where I am or who I am with.
Where does it say in scripture that celibacy is a gift of the Spirit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 5, 2017
Long Beach
✟17,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not sure what my gift is. How can I figure that out?

Someone told me God is developing me...maybe I will know soon?

Is sensing someone needing prayer/hug/just needing to talk a gift? I have experienced where I am praying and I have like a vision but its not a full vision just like I need to reach out to someone that is hurting...not sure if that makes sense. LIke I just get a letter like S for sarah(I would guess) or something like that for someone I know. Also once I was praying and I felt like I needed to pray for the person next to me.

Sometimes I feel like it's the enemy trying to confuse me because I would feel drained and would avoid places with lots of people for that reason(feeling others feeling or like knowing they need help)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what my gift is. How can I figure that out?

Someone told me God is developing me...maybe I will know soon?

Is sensing someone needing prayer/hug/just needing to talk a gift? I have experienced where I am praying and I have like a vision but its not a full vision just like I need to reach out to someone that is hurting...not sure if that makes sense. LIke I just get a letter like S for sarah(I would guess) or something like that for someone I know. Also once I was praying and I felt like I needed to pray for the person next to me.

Sometimes I feel like it's the enemy trying to confuse me because I would feel drained and would avoid places with lots of people for that reason(feeling others feeling or like knowing they need help)
That sounds like that could be a spiritual gift :)

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe that I have the gift of a carpenter and my goal is to build an ark for those that need to seek salvation from this world.
No such spiritual gift in scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WorthyCause4Christ

Oct 15, 2017
Buena Park
✟13,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
And when/where/how do you use it?

I have had visions in 2011 while I was in a trance. These are relating to the seven seals of Revelation. I had some dreams in 2012. And most recently this year I had quite a few during fasting (I really need to get back into fasting).

I have shared with family, friends, strangers and the like whether it be in a vehicle, at home right after having them, a bar a few times and even websites.

I can't command when I receive prophecy. It just happens :D

Feel free to check out my signature for my two external links (btw you can build an easy website at wix.com. Nope, don't work for them just like them).

Upvote 0

WorthyCause4Christ

Oct 15, 2017
Buena Park
✟13,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Well Paul did say to be eager to prophecy above everything else.. but yea no one person is more important than anyone else. I am just now starting to see that and it is really humbling to really understand that I am just a ''part'', just like everyone else. LOL at the bicep measuring contest. When I first found God, I wanted to be ''special'' in all honesty... it took several years of many trials, lessons, and lots of Gods loving discipline to realize I'm NOT special and I'm so grateful for God to be bringing me out of that

Someone once shared with me Isaiah 43:1-4. I think it may have been taken out of context but it makes me wonder; if God did this for Jacob wouldn't be willing to do that for us? (and I've heard from other prophets God will keep us through the, "fire"). Though, we do need to remain humble. Very important.

ISAIAH 43:1-4
1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

Upvote 0