Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And when/where/how do you use it?

I was told by a prophetess that I have a "mantle of Cyrus."

I am not sure exactly what that is......... but Isaiah chapters 42 - 46 are certainly interesting.

I was also told that I had a calling to "government, government, government."

I have campaigned for public office four times already......
BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been living in my country for 35 years and I have yet to hear one comprehensive set of teaching on the gifts of the Spirit.

Their ability to make a biblically sound comment on the subject would be minimal.

I was agreeing that adhering to the statement of purpose for this forum is recommended.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was told by a prophetess that I have a "mantle of Cyrus."
I do not trust any messages that inflate my ego (because I have the gift of wisdom), and if I heard I was given the "mantle of Cyrus", my ego would certainly swell.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wish I have one :amen:

:heart: Hi Mauraftwi, You do have a gift already, dear one. If you are a child of the most High God, He has already transformed your heart into a heart that is in tune with His and therefore in tune with what moves His heart, for it will move your heart as well and prompt you to express compassion, alleviate suffering, share His Light in the darkness, and to pray for those who are discouraged, etc.

God bless you and welcome to CF. :)

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calculatus Eliminatus is the key to finding your spiritual gift.

To find my gifts, I served my church in every way possible. Many things I was not great at. But the stuff I did well and enjoyed was likely connected to my gifts. I taught Bible study for 10 years before I recognized I had a gift for teaching. In fact, most Christians who serve God through the church are using their gifts even if they don't know it.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:heart: Hi Mauraftwi, You do have a gift already, dear one. If you are a child of the most High God, He has already transformed your heart into a heart that is in tune with His and therefore in tune with what moves His heart, for it will move your heart as well and prompt you to express compassion, alleviate suffering, share His Light in the darkness, and to pray for those who are discouraged, etc.

God bless you and welcome to CF. :)
Those are not gifts. They are the fruit of the spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where do you think "gifts" generate from, brother?

Hospitality, for instance, is a gift. So is mercy.

In the context of this thread, they are not the gifts that we are talking about and I have noticed that some people will post a load of rubbish and include one, or maybe two things that are right and then defend all the other mistakes on the basis that those one or two things are right and when they respond, they talk about the one or two things that are right but ignore all the others that are wrong.

Show me where it says in scripture that compassion, alleviate suffering, share His Light in the darkness, and to pray for those who are discouraged, is a gift of the Spirit.

I have seen it all before so I am not impressed by your response.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In the context of this thread, they are not the gifts that we are talking about and I have noticed that some people will post a load of rubbish and include one, or maybe two things that are right and then defend all the other mistakes on the basis that those one or two things are right and when they respond, they talk about the one or two things that are right but ignore all the others that are wrong.

I have seen it all before so I am not impressed by your response.

I was initially responding to another member.

See post #47.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me where it says in scripture that compassion, alleviate suffering, share His Light in the darkness, and to pray for those who are discouraged, is a gift of the Spirit.
I guess that most of these are ministries using the spiritual gift of mercy.
Mercy is listed in Romans 12:6-8
6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Here is a link to understanding the gift of mercy.

Upvote 0

Old Lioness

Jul 20, 2017
Ariel
✟9,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I was reading some of the comments on this particular question and I have to admit I was a bit shocked at the lack of understanding about this question...IF one knows the bible one will understand that the 'spiritual Gifts of the HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!are what is given to you by God when you receive the HS. One has to be careful also in not mixing these Gifts up with Catholic beliefs and their thoughts of the 7 Capital Virtues vs the Bibles 7 gifts. The 7 virtues are
  • The gift of wisdom corresponds to the virtue of charity.
  • The gifts of understanding and knowledge correspond to the virtue of faith.
  • The gift of counsel (right judgment) corresponds to the virtue of prudence.
  • The gift of fortitude corresponds to the virtue of courage.
  • The gift of fear of the Lord corresponds to the virtue of hope.
  • The gift of Reverence corresponds to the virtue of justice.
Now here are the 9 GIFTS of the Holy Spirit..
Bible Knowledge > Posts > Holy Spirit > Gifts of the Holy Spirit > The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit

The 9 Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Table of Contents
1. The Word of Knowledge 2. The Word of Wisdom 3. The Gift of Prophecy
4. The Gift of Faith 5. The Gifts of Healings 6. The Working of Miracles
7. The Discerning of Spirits 8. Different Kinds of Tongues 9. The Interpretation of Tongues

In addition to the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit,

For the record, we feel that the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit are much more important than the 9 gifts are.

As the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit have to do with God imparting part of His divine nature into the core of our personalities to help make us into a much better and holy people.

God’s ultimate aim for all of us is our sanctification in Him, and part of that sanctification process has to do with the Holy Spirit Himself transmitting 9 specific divine qualities and attributes into our personalities.

But if the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit are the cake, then the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit are the icing on the cake.

Put these two together, and allow God to work with a believer with both sets of these 9 fruits and 9 gifts.

And you will have one mighty sanctified soldier of Jesus Christ, as the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit will give you some serious heavy ammunition to have at your disposal as you walk with God’s anointing in your daily life.

ADVERTISEMENTS

I call the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit torpedo gifts, as the Holy Spirit can manifest any one of these 9 gifts through any believer anytime that He will want to do so.

Each one of these gifts are major power gifts, and they are all direct, supernatural, miraculous manifestations direct from the Holy Spirit Himself.

And any Christian can get themselves in proper place to receive these 9 gifts, as the apostle Paul himself tells us not to be afraid to try and stir up these 9 specific gifts with the Lord.

Here is the direct verse from our Bible on the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit:

“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)

Now I will number and bold each one of these 9 gifts of the Spirit so you can have all of them right at the top of this article at a very quick glance:

1. The Word of Knowledge
2. The Word of Wisdom
3. The Gift of Prophecy
4. The Gift of Faith
5. The Gifts of Healings
6. The Working of Miracles
7. The Discerning of Spirits
8. Different Kinds of Tongues
9. The Interpretation of Tongues

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Old Lioness

Jul 20, 2017
Ariel
✟9,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
  1. The word “Spirit” is with a capital “S” – which means these 9 fruits are coming directly from the Holy Spirit, not from ourselves.

2. What this means is that God’s love, God’s peace, God’s joy, and God’s goodness can start to be transmitted up into our personality. These are His divine attributes and personality qualities that will start to move into the core of our personality.

3. Think about the ramifications of this – that God the Father Himself is allowing us to share in a part of His divine nature by allowing His Holy Spirit to transmit and impart these nine divine qualities right up into our soul and personality!
This is why God the Father is specifically telling us in this verse that these 9 fruits are coming directly from His Holy Spirit – so that we can all fully appreciate the magnitude of such an experience.

Jesus has already told us that He is the vine and we are the branches. The branches draw their life from the vine, not vice versa. Just as the branch draws its life from the vine, so too must we draw our life directly from Jesus. Jesus will release His divine life directly into us through the Holy Spirit in the exact same way that the vine will release the life of the tree into the branches.

Nothing will draw nonbelievers and believers alike to the Lord than a truly sanctified saint in the Lord who is walking and operating in all 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit.

If you are willing to allow the Holy Spirit to work and transmit all 9 of these fruits up into your personality to some appreciable degree in this life – you will then become a light that will literally radiate the presence of God Himself through your soul and personality.

You have no idea how many people you will be able to save, touch, witness to, and help disciple if you have these fruits operating through you. These fruits will give you a credibility with God and with other people that no degree or title can give you in this life.

This sanctification process is the ultimate, highest aim and goal with God for our lives.

For those of you who are not afraid to let God begin this deeper sanctifying work in your life – keep these 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit directly in front of you.

And then work very closely with the Holy Spirit once He starts to manifest these fruits up into your personality.

These fruits will be coming directly from Him. They will be His love, His goodness, His joy, and His peace that will start to flow into you. But you will still have to do your part in all of this. Once these divine attributes start to be released into your personality by the Holy Spirit – your job will then be to start to walk and operate in them.

If the Holy Spirit starts to release His quality of love into your personality, but you start refusing to walk and operate in that love in your words and actions to others – then He will start to pull it back from you after a reasonable length of time.

If He starts to manifest His quality of self-control in you in an effort to try and take out some of the negative qualities that He will not want operating in your personality, and you refuse to rely on that self-control, and you override it and continue to operate in those negative qualities – then again, He will pull it back from you until you are ready to work in cooperation with Him.

This sanctification process is a two way street.

God is more than willing and anxious to do His part – but you will have to be willing to do your part. And your part will be to learn what changes God will want to make with you – and then start to live, walk, and operate in those specific changes once the Holy Spirit starts this supernatural, sanctification process within you.

This part God cannot do for you.

Jesus gave Peter the power and ability to be able to walk on water. But there was one thing Peter had to do before that supernatural power was released to him. He had to get out of the boat and start walking straight forward on that power.

It was only when he got out of the boat and started walking straight forward did the supernatural power of God manifest that allowed him to literally walk on water!

It’s the exact same way in this sanctification realm with the Lord. God, through the Holy Spirit, will give you the supernatural power to change, transform, and sanctify you – but you will have to be like Peter and be willing to live and walk in that supernatural power before it can really start to work to change and sanctify you.

Jesus is coming back for a Bride that will be without spot or blemish. He is calling His Church to clean up their act and allow His Holy Spirit to begin this deeper sanctifying work in their lives. However, the choice is up to each individual believer. Sanctification is not something that can be forced upon anyone. God really respects everyone’s free will and He will never force His will or His ways on anyone.

To those of you who will decide to enter into this sanctification process with the Lord – realize that all of this will not occur overnight. The Holy Spirit will set the pace and timetable that He will want to work with you on. You can perfectly trust Him to handle each of the areas that He will want to get into.

Though some of this may be a bit painful at times, since none of us likes to admit that we have anything that needs to be changed, let the Holy Spirit take you as far as He will want to go with you in this realm – and I guarantee you that your life and your state of well-being will all be changed for the better – much better!

Upvote 0

Old Lioness

Jul 20, 2017
Ariel
✟9,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Here is the verses of the gifts that is found that is given to one that has the HS within them.

Now, many people have more than one gift....

1 Corinthians 12New

Gifts of the Holy Spirit
12 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 2 You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. 3 So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

4 There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. 5 There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. 6 There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

7 The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. 8 To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. 9 To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. 10 To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. 11 All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

One Body but Many Parts
12 There is one body, but it has many parts. But all its many parts make up one body. It is the same with Christ. 13 We were all baptized by one Holy Spirit. And so we are formed into one body. It didn’t matter whether we were Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free people. We were all given the same Spirit to drink. 14 So the body is not made up of just one part. It has many parts.

15 Suppose the foot says, “I am not a hand. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 16 And suppose the ear says, “I am not an eye. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, how could it hear? If the whole body were an ear, how could it smell? 18 God has placed each part in the body just as he wanted it to be. 19 If all the parts were the same, how could there be a body? 20 As it is, there are many parts. But there is only one body.

21 The eye can’t say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 In fact, it is just the opposite. The parts of the body that seem to be weaker are the ones we can’t do without. 23 The parts that we think are less important we treat with special honor. The private parts aren’t shown. But they are treated with special care. 24 The parts that can be shown don’t need special care. But God has put together all the parts of the body. And he has given more honor to the parts that didn’t have any. 25 In that way, the parts of the body will not take sides. All of them will take care of one another. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it. If one part is honored, every part shares in its joy.

27 You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it. 28 First, God has placed apostles in the church. Second, he has placed prophets in the church. Third, he has placed teachers in the church. Then he has given to the church miracles and gifts of healing. He also has given the gift of helping others and the gift of guiding the church. God also has given the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages. 29 Is everyone an apostle? Is everyone a prophet? Is everyone a teacher? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in languages they had not known before? Do all explain what is said in those languages? 31 But above all, you should want the more important gifts.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has given me gift that im always hungry , before i was saved i would have pizza only for myself untill i was full , when i found a song i would listen to it for 6-7 hours straight untill i got bored of it , same was with games , i found games that i could "grind" for hours and hours like mmorpg or league of legends/dota 2 . When i accepted Christ i was hungry for Bible and i spend about 70 or so days 16 hours or so a day reading and studying with multiple teachers on youtube and searching if what that teacher said is in Bible , that's my gift i guess , always hungry .

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never thought about what spiritual gifts were given to me until recently after I did an assessment to find out that my main gift is expression of wisdom, while my secondary gifts are expression of knowledge and teaching.

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit. To one is given through the Spirit the expression of wisdom; to another the expression of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit; to another mighty deeds; to another prophecy; to another discernment of spirits; to another varieties of tongues; to another interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing them individually to each person as he wishes. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11 NABRE)

Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us exercise them: if prophecy, in proportion to the faith; if ministry, in ministering; if one is a teacher, in teaching; if one exhorts, in exhortation; if one contributes, in generosity; if one is over others, with diligence; if one does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. (Romans 12:6-8 NABRE)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your spiritual gift?

This also comes to mind:

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was." ~II Timothy 3:1-9

So, you hate your wife?

Upvote 0