Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What is your spiritual gift?

This also comes to mind:

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was." ~II Timothy 3:1-9

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The first gifts I received at a young age, faith and miracles. I worked my entire life on the gift of knowledge and am maturing my gift of wisdom. Wisdom is the difficult one. I have prophesied and seered. The latest gift I've been given/learning/being taught is discernment of the spirits.

I seek the gift of teaching to be able to express the knowledge given by God I have in comprehensible terms.

The gift of healing I feel would make me it's slave.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The gift of healing I feel would make me it's slave.

It shouldn't. You don't go around healing everyone you see, just where the calling is. So like everything else God is in control, if you make yourself a slave you aren't doing his will. He doesn't want us slaving, we are to rely on Him.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you hear a friend has lost their job, what is your immediate response? Encourage them, be sympathetic, contribute financially, buy some groceries, want to teach them how to prepare for their next job, etc. Sometimes the response to this question helps point out the area we're to serve.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have some weird ones. They don't really fit the mold. They are either gifts or some of the things that make up a normal person are kind of broken or missing in me. I have something like synesthesia. That is where there is no barrier between your senses. There are different types of synesthesia, some people feel sound, others see it. I experience the world in the way that a person with synesthesia experiences the world. There are added layers of information...(actual information) which enters my consciousness in a sense like experience. That same information cannot be derived from any one sense like hearing or seeing. So for example when someone snaps their fingers or scuffs their leg, I don't just hear a sound I sometimes experience their mental state as if I was the one it happened to. It's not just sound, it can be body movements, or written and spoken words. Sometimes I experience it in a visual way or tactile or sound, but it's not overlaid in reality like synesthesia. It's just in my consciousness, like if your spirit or consciousness had it's own eyes, ears and touch.

There is also some weird stuff involving time. I sometimes remember the future, just like you might remember going to a park or something. You know how memories come with a sense of location in time or order of events? When I remember a future event, it comes with that same sense only it comes as an after ordering rather than a before ordering. I only remember what I will experience. It's not prophecy where I know stuff I have no part in. Basically, when it happens, the memory I will make 4 hours from now is what I remember 4 hours before that event. It's identical.

Future events sometimes also act in a way that causes me to react in the present to things that haven't happened yet. For example, you are walking down the sidewalk and then your body just stops and you stare at a particular spot on the sidewalk and begin to contemplate what would be the right thing to do if you were walking along the side walk and found a $20 bill. Do you keep it or try to find the owner? You realize there is no use stopping to think about it so you continue your walk. 2 hours later while you are walking back home you find a $20 bill in the precise spot in which you became fixated. My body and mind should have stopped and stared two hours later but sometimes it reacts before the event actually occurs.

With few exceptions, it's not something I do, it's just something that happens to me. Life is very strange, far stranger than most know. I don't expect people to believe me, and I expect some to think I'm a little off. I can't blame anyone for that, and I'd probably think the same if I wasn't in my own shoes. But there may be someone out there on the internet that experiences this and might feel a little less weird and alone by reading it. I'll take the hit on what people may think of me for that person.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have some weird ones. They don't really fit the mold. They are either gifts or some of the things that make up a normal person are kind of broken or missing in me. I have something like synesthesia. That is where there is no barrier between your senses. There are different types of synesthesia, some people feel sound, others see it. I experience the world in the way that a person with synesthesia experiences the world. There are added layers of information...(actual information) which enters my consciousness in a sense like experience. That same information cannot be derived from any one sense like hearing or seeing. So for example when someone snaps their fingers or scuffs their leg, I don't just hear a sound I sometimes experience their mental state as if I was the one it happened to. It's not just sound, it can be body movements, or written and spoken words. Sometimes I experience it in a visual way or tactile or sound, but it's not overlaid in reality like synesthesia. It's just in my consciousness, like if your spirit or consciousness had it's own eyes, ears and touch.

There is also some weird stuff involving time. I sometimes remember the future, just like you might remember going to a park or something. You know how memories come with a sense of location in time or order of events? When I remember a future event, it comes with that same sense only it comes as an after ordering rather than a before ordering. I only remember what I will experience. It's not prophecy where I know stuff I have no part in. Basically, when it happens, the memory I will make 4 hours from now is what I remember 4 hours before that event. It's identical.

Future events sometimes also act in a way that causes me to react in the present to things that haven't happened yet. For example, you are walking down the sidewalk and then your body just stops and you stare at a particular spot on the sidewalk and begin to contemplate what would be the right thing to do if you were walking along the side walk and found a $20 bill. Do you keep it or try to find the owner? You realize there is no use stopping to think about it so you continue your walk. 2 hours later while you are walking back home you find a $20 bill in the precise spot in which you became fixated. My body and mind should have stopped and stared two hours later but sometimes it reacts before the event actually occurs.

With few exceptions, it's not something I do, it's just something that happens to me. Life is very strange, far stranger than most know. I don't expect people to believe me, and I expect some to think I'm a little off. I can't blame anyone for that, and I'd probably think the same if I wasn't in my own shoes. But there may be someone out there on the internet that experiences this and might feel a little less weird and alone by reading it. I'll take the hit on what people may think of me for that person.

There are particular times I can ... sense ... the future but it comes and goes depending on need, doesn't happen often at all.

There was one particular time I was in a particular state of mind and I was talking with someone about future events. I could sense the future and I would say things to change the outcome of the future. Very hard to explain although yes, I sometimes can sense the future.

In my youth I had worked on this skill just because and it got where I could predict some short term outcomes 100% of the time.

Yes,sending the future is a thing. You seem to do it totally different than I, however. Sometimes I can see seconds into the future, sometimes years. You seem, however, to sense a few hours.

How can this be used for God? It's just one of the tools in my toolbag.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes,sending the future is a thing. You seem to do it totally different than I, however. Sometimes I can see seconds into the future, sometimes years. You seem, however, to sense a few hours.

How can this be used for God? It's just one of the tools in my toolbag.

Thanks for sharing that.

I wish I knew how to use the time thing. I give it to God in prayer every day for His glory. I have done that for a couple of years now and I still don't know, but I'm only just now receiving a daily prayer I have prayed for 3 years straight. For me it comes in seasons where it happens pretty heavily and to be honest I don't know how to deal with it when it happens. It's hard to put that into words. The synesthesia like thing helps out a lot in apologetics but sometimes it's hard to bare what I see and experience from certain people.

I have talked to one other person that experiences this and she experienced it differently too. For her it came as a thought and she actually thought she was causing bad things to happen. Only traumatic future events would come through so she thought she was causing it all.

Yeah it's just a few hours for me, for whatever reason it doesn't go further than a sleep period. So I never remember anything further out than the point where I will go to sleep. It boggles my mind why that should be the limit.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for sharing that.

I wish I knew how to use the time thing. I give it to God in prayer every day for His glory. I have done that for a couple of years now and I still don't know, but I'm only just now receiving a daily prayer I have prayed for 3 years straight. For me it comes in seasons where it happens pretty heavily and to be honest I don't know how to deal with it when it happens. It's hard to put that into words. The synesthesia like thing helps out a lot in apologetics but sometimes it's hard to bare what I see and experience from certain people.

I have talked to one other person that experiences this and she experienced it differently too. For her it came as a thought and she actually thought she was causing bad things to happen. Only traumatic future events would come through so she thought she was causing it all.

Yeah it's just a few hours for me, for whatever reason it doesn't go further than a sleep period. So I never remember anything further out than the point where I will go to sleep. It boggles my mind why that should be the limit.

Be thankful for that limit. In the gifts of the spirit there are a few that deal with foreknowledge, such as prophecy. I do not put sensing the future as prophecy, although they are very related. I can sense the future, that is one thing. Sometimes I start talking and describe events that will happen in the future with no real knowledge of why I said it, then they come to pass. Then there are the times I am taken in the spirit to elsewhen. Sometimes it's into the past so I can learn of past events (seen Constantine and Joseph Smith this way). But, sometimes it's into the future and that tends to disturb me, especially when it's into my own future. Then I wait through time for events to catch up, if you know what I mean.

I guess, I'll refer to these gifts as time cognizant, aware of time? I am not aware of all the possible ways God gives this gift.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be thankful for that limit. In the gifts of the spirit there are a few that deal with foreknowledge, such as prophecy. I do not put sensing the future as prophecy, although they are very related. I can sense the future, that is one thing. Sometimes I start talking and describe events that will happen in the future with no real knowledge of why I said it, then they come to pass. Then there are the times I am taken in the spirit to elsewhen. Sometimes it's into the past so I can learn of past events (seen Constantine and Joseph Smith this way). But, sometimes it's into the future and that tends to disturb me, especially when it's into my own future. Then I wait through time for events to catch up, if you know what I mean.

I guess, I'll refer to these gifts as time cognizant, aware of time? I am not aware of all the possible ways God gives this gift.

Edit. Nm, we are not allowed to get into specific prophecies.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And when/where/how do you use it?
I think my spiritual gifts are compassion, writing and mercy.

I try to be compassionate to everyone I meet. I try to show mercy to people, especially those suffering and I write stories about God that I use to please Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you hear a friend has lost their job, what is your immediate response? Encourage them, be sympathetic, contribute financially, buy some groceries, want to teach them how to prepare for their next job, etc. Sometimes the response to this question helps point out the area we're to serve.

That's interesting, did u hear that somewhere? I feel like my response would be to help them find another job if I could, or suggest places I know are hiring. Do you know what that means?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As to when/how I will use it, that us for the future, and since I know specifics of the future I'm not sure I'm allowed to discuss it here. My spiritual gifts will have a lot more purpose in the future.

I get frustrated sometimes when talking about my gifts that God gives me and people claim that it's from the devil because there is no reason God would allow me to do such things, or how does levitating glorify God?

How does not exercising your gift of faith glorify anyone?

The main way I use my gifts is by talking to others about them.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any gift God blessed me with, He deserves all credit. For I cannot boast of any works without His will be done. My prayer is for daily living led by the Holy Spirit to use HIS gifts in ways to honor, praise, and worship the LORD in all His glory. Lord, use me as You may. Lead me and teach me to be Your humble servant.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My main spiritual gift is prophetic teaching. I received it through prophecy from four men in four different meetings in four different places who all prophesied the same thing.

it is usually not recognised or accepted because in too many cases, teaching in the church is just opinion or a homily about what the preacher thinks about a particular verse.

To teach and go into depth and bring revelation which might cause people to reassess where they are going is not what most people want to hear these days.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's avoid discussing gifts that are not on the approved list given in the statement of purpose, "The spiritual gifts that may be discussed in this forum are: Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Exhortation (encouraging), Giving, Leadership, Mercy, Wisdom (speaking Biblical truth), Knowledge (spiritual insight), Faith, Distinguishing of Spirits (discernment), Apostleship, Administration, Evangelism, Shepherd or Pastor."

I am concerned that some things discussed here are not from God at all. Rather than get into an argument over this, let's just agree to follow the rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think my spiritual gifts are compassion, writing and mercy.

I try to be compassionate to everyone I meet. I try to show mercy to people, especially those suffering and I write stories about God that I use to please Him.

I am not sure that writing is listed as a gift of any kind in scripture. I would put that under ability.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's avoid discussing gifts that are not on the approved list given in the statement of purpose, "The spiritual gifts that may be discussed in this forum are: Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Exhortation (encouraging), Giving, Leadership, Mercy, Wisdom (speaking Biblical truth), Knowledge (spiritual insight), Faith, Distinguishing of Spirits (discernment), Apostleship, Administration, Evangelism, Shepherd or Pastor."

I am concerned that some things discussed here are not from God at all. Rather than get into an argument over this, let's just agree to follow the rules.

I agree.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I have been living in my country for 35 years and I have yet to hear one comprehensive set of teaching on the gifts of the Spirit.

Their ability to make a biblically sound comment on the subject would be minimal.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best book on spiritual gifts that I have seen is:
Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church
by C. Peter Wagner

It is not perfect. For example, examines every gift for its usefulness in a church growth paradigm. Also, I don't like the direction Wagner has gone after he declared that he was an apostle. Nevertheless, this is a classic book that has strongly influenced both Evangelicals and Charismatics.

• Prayers
Upvote 0