Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Mercy - There are times where I think I'm over empathetic. I don't like hurting people anymore and rather make efforts to make a person happy, laugh, or at least ease a person's suffering the best way I know how. It just disturbs me that people have to be so ugly to each other for the stupidest reasons. This is coming from a guy whom people would throw coins at and call names because I picked up coins off the floors during my school years. I enjoy making people laugh because it's a coping method for me for my own trials. Laughing releases feel good chemicals that can relieve pain.

Giving - Time, money, and artistic talents. That's all I got to offer.

Until 2014 I spent a lot of time collecting bottles and cans to raise money for charity. Anything under one liter was $0.10 and anything over one liter was $0.25. Bottles used to be very plentiful where I live so it was easy money if I had the time and energy to walk around town. I have also taken portions of my pay from legitimate jobs and saved them to buy something on Chalice.ca. I have supported numerous charitable projects through unorthodox means of raising money.

I also use my time to play FreeRice.com to raise money for people to eat. Each click donated 10 grains of rice and ended up collecting over 35,300,000 grains since August 2013. Sometimes the website's ads didn't work properly but if each click counted, I could have fed up to 1765 people for a single day.

For talents, I spend my free time making comics and drawings for people on this forum. I've made signature pics for five people so far, entertained dozens with my comics, and did some requests. One user even offered me payment for my work but I turned down payment because reward in Heaven will be better.

There are other things but that would fill an entire post.

Help - This is very straightforward and can be used for many, many small things like cleaning up the church yard from beer bottles or giving directions to anyone new to town. I have a knack for finding things when out for a walk. I have found numerous missing cell phones, ID/Bank cards, wallets, documents, and even found a check worth thousands of dollars. Returned them all and one person even gave e a $30 reward for returning her smartphone. I have two friends who are special needs that I hang out with to provide them friendship. It takes patience, I will admit that but I'm not that much higher on the totem pole than them so I try to make them happy by going to the theaters with them or playing tabletop games every week.

These are simple spiritual gifts but God has allowed me to make use of them in rather nice ways. Give God the glory for this kind of service.

You forgot "cheerful giver". God finds such delightful. The heart that you have for others is very precious to God. And yes, to God be the glory and may He be praised always.

God bless you, Wayholka. :)

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mercy - There are times where I think I'm over empathetic. I don't like hurting people anymore and rather make efforts to make a person happy, laugh, or at least ease a person's suffering the best way I know how. It just disturbs me that people have to be so ugly to each other for the stupidest reasons. This is coming from a guy whom people would throw coins at and call names because I picked up coins off the floors during my school years. I enjoy making people laugh because it's a coping method for me for my own trials. Laughing releases feel good chemicals that can relieve pain.

Giving - Time, money, and artistic talents. That's all I got to offer.

Until 2014 I spent a lot of time collecting bottles and cans to raise money for charity. Anything under one liter was $0.10 and anything over one liter was $0.25. Bottles used to be very plentiful where I live so it was easy money if I had the time and energy to walk around town. I have also taken portions of my pay from legitimate jobs and saved them to buy something on Chalice.ca. I have supported numerous charitable projects through unorthodox means of raising money.

I also use my time to play FreeRice.com to raise money for people to eat. Each click donated 10 grains of rice and ended up collecting over 35,300,000 grains since August 2013. Sometimes the website's ads didn't work properly but if each click counted, I could have fed up to 1765 people for a single day.

For talents, I spend my free time making comics and drawings for people on this forum. I've made signature pics for five people so far, entertained dozens with my comics, and did some requests. One user even offered me payment for my work but I turned down payment because reward in Heaven will be better.

There are other things but that would fill an entire post.

Help - This is very straightforward and can be used for many, many small things like cleaning up the church yard from beer bottles or giving directions to anyone new to town. I have a knack for finding things when out for a walk. I have found numerous missing cell phones, ID/Bank cards, wallets, documents, and even found a check worth thousands of dollars. Returned them all and one person even gave e a $30 reward for returning her smartphone. I have two friends who are special needs that I hang out with to provide them friendship. It takes patience, I will admit that but I'm not that much higher on the totem pole than them so I try to make them happy by going to the theaters with them or playing tabletop games every week.

These are simple spiritual gifts but God has allowed me to make use of them in rather nice ways. Give God the glory for this kind of service.

Very inspiring, thank you for this. I take it you drew your own avatar also? It reminds me of tails from sonic the hedgehog :grinning: It sounds like you are good at helping in the mundane areas of life, this is good

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Very inspiring, thank you for this. I take it you drew your own avatar also? It reminds me of tails from sonic the hedgehog :grinning: It sounds like you are good at helping in the mundane areas of life, this is good

Mundane?

Would you care to elaborate?

Thank you kindly.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My gifts are in discernment, edifying, exhorting, encouraging, advocating (i can explain if you wish), evangelizing to big bad ol' drug dealers etc., a cheerful generous giver that sees if she can "outgive" God ^_^ , and a prayer warrior, amongst other things.

oh, almost fergot....i'm a gifted crisis counselor. Part of that gift is the God-given ability to smell/detect manipulation, facades (fakeness) etc. 10 miles away.

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep. I admit, I often struggle to come to terms with my place in life due to numerous factors and trials. I consider myself the one talent servant but at least I have made attempts to invest that talent instead of burying it into the ground. I just hope my efforts are satisfactory enough.

I struggle with coming to terms with my place in life too, it seems that the trials just never end sometimes. I'll be praying for you, God bless

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm assuming he means mundane as in they're not the thunder and lightning variety like the preachers, missionaries, and theologians have. Unlike them I can't make money off of these spiritual gifts nor will I get noticed unless I make a very significant contribution in a way you don't see every day.

It's the little things every day that truly add up.

Oh the "drama" kind LOL!

it seems that God would be pleased with your genuine heart for what you do and the spirit it all is done in. It all most matches the fruit of the spirit, doesn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, mundane as in just showing the love of Jesus in small areas of life, not ''religious'' activities like being a preacher, etc... remind me of ''the parable of the good samaratian'', where the man that was robbed was lying on the side of the road bleeding... and a priest and a lawyer both passed the man by, but a tax collector saw him and had compassion and took him to a local inn to care for him... just little acts of love and compassion like that

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm hoping it's genuine, trust me. I got no halo over my head.

It kind of bothers me that Christian bloggers claim that some spiritual gifts are more important than others. Totally contradicts Paul's parable of the body where each member has a specific role to play and if one part is missing, the whole body doesn't work properly. That was his way of telling the Corinthian church to knock it off with the bicep measuring contest.

Some just want to feel special, I guess.

Exactly.

Again, what comes to mind is that KEY thing, and that is "love"...

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm hoping it's genuine, trust me. I got no halo over my head.

It kind of bothers me that Christian bloggers claim that some spiritual gifts are more important than others. Totally contradicts Paul's parable of the body where each member has a specific role to play and if one part is missing, the whole body doesn't work properly. That was his way of telling the Corinthian church to knock it off with the bicep measuring contest.

Some just want to feel special, I guess.

Well Paul did say to be eager to prophecy above everything else.. but yea no one person is more important than anyone else. I am just now starting to see that and it is really humbling to really understand that I am just a ''part'', just like everyone else. LOL at the bicep measuring contest. When I first found God, I wanted to be ''special'' in all honesty... it took several years of many trials, lessons, and lots of Gods loving discipline to realize I'm NOT special and I'm so grateful for God to be bringing me out of that

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well Paul did say to be eager to prophecy above everything else.. but yea no one person is more important than anyone else. I am just now starting to see that and it is really humbling to really understand that I am just a ''part'', just like everyone else. LOL at the bicep measuring contest. When I first found God, I wanted to be ''special'' in all honesty... it took several years of many trials, lessons, and lots of Gods loving discipline to realize I'm NOT special and I'm so grateful for God to be bringing me out of that

This comes to mind:

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,b but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~I Corinthians 13:1-13

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well yeah, prophecy was a gift given to only a select few for a very specific purpose in God's plan, not just anyone who wants to serve God.

I found a sermon that gives a lesson like that. It's a very sobering reminder that while we may live in a world that exalts giftedness and talent, we should not seek to be that 1% of the world but to just serve God with what we have whether we are great or not. In the end, it's going to matter how powerful we are. All that will count is our character.

This guy speaks the TRUTH. Thank you for posting this.

God bless you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0