Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it addiction? Is it an identity crisis ? Depression?

Jesus is the cure. There is no need to pray for it. He provided you new life, which means the old life you live according to the flesh is dead. Trouble is many do not accept this, even though they profess to know God. In order to enter the Kingdom of God, you must deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him. You can't take up any addiction, depression - and God at the same time. As you determine to live in the Spirit through faith in Christ, you do not count your former self or conduct any longer, you look to God to fill you with Himself. This is a life of course that must be born again of the Spirit and it is the power of the Spirit that will enable you to no longer walk in the deeds of the flesh. Romans 8, Galatians 5. As a believer and follower in Christ you are a new creation and have been given the gift of new life. This is to be taken accepted and received through faith. God will deliver all who walk in Him from all of these sin holds....one with a true heart that repents of it.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it addiction? Is it an identity crisis (homosexuality)? Depression?
In order to enter the Kingdom of God, you must deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him. You can't take up homosexuality, any addiction, depression - and God at the same time. As you determine to live in the Spirit through faith in Christ, you do not count your former self or conduct any longer, you look to God to fill you with Himself.
This is works salvation.

What must happen for one to enter the Kingdom of God?

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
How is a man born again?
John 3:6 "That which is born of flesh is flesh; but that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." We must be born of the Spirit of God.
John 1:12-13 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
1 John 5:1 "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God:"
Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"
Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts of the Apostles 16:30-31 "And brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Cheylynn, the purpose of this forum is for people to ask everyone else for advice with a problem they are having. I don't see that you have presented us with a problem you are having--unless it was hinted at somewhere in the original post and I missed it. (?)

Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is works salvation.

What must happen for one to enter the Kingdom of God?

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
How is a man born again?
John 3:6 "That which is born of flesh is flesh; but that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." We must be born of the Spirit of God.
John 1:12-13 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
1 John 5:1 "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God:"
Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"
Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Acts of the Apostles 16:30-31 "And brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
I want to spare us the debate on if it is 'works Salvation' or not.
it is what it is, I say what it is I have said. You receive Christ - by taking what He gives you and put it into practice. This is called the Christian life, living in the Spirit. To live in the Spirit you must deny the works of the flesh - period.

Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cheylynn, the purpose of this forum is for people to ask everyone else for advice with a problem they are having. I don't see that you have presented us with a problem you are having--unless it was hinted at somewhere in the original post and I missed it. (?)
got it. I have a hard time looking for the right area - to post, can you tell me where a better forum may be?

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

Cheylynn

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2017
Vancouver Island
✟112,033.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In addition, any post that says "There is no need to pray for it" invalidates it, even if there is some truth. Jesus said "Ask".
The point was not about prayer. The point is that Jesus is our answer in what He provided us with regard to sin, the manifestation of the examples I have given.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-6-29_5-22-36.jpeg

Thread has been moved from
Christian Advice
to
"My two cent's worth"
for a better fit and responses.
Carry on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is it works salvation?

It looks to me just like someone saying that if we live in Christ and Christ in us there is no space for sin to enter.
That's an absolute statement, but no one can say they've stopped sinning. So to say with absolutism that sin will never enter in after we have converted to believing on Christ thereby creates a condition for post-salvation, implying that if someone cannot cease from sin after they're saved, then they're not saved, which is simply not true.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's an absolute statement, but no one can say they've stopped sinning. So to say with absolutism that sin will never enter in after we have converted to believing on Christ thereby creates a condition for post-salvation, implying that if someone cannot cease from sin after they're saved, then they're not saved, which is simply not true.

We've been through this on a couple of threads of late...

“No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.” (1 John 3:6)

“We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them” (1 John 5:18)

“No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God” (1 John 3:9)

“the one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning” (1 john 3:8)

“By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 john 3:10)

if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)

“For we know that our old self was crucified with him” (Romans 6:6)

Upvote 0