What is your opinion on the Virgin Mary?

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This is the truth the Bible is TOO BIG to have a beginning and an end. The Scripture is too dynamic to hold as truth to ONLY particular times. In other words, it's insanity to wrap up scripture into One Box and chose what scripture applies and which one doesn't. God is too Big and He's too dynamic to assume scripture is his entire definition.

Imagine when the LORD created the planet and Said, let there be all kinds of trees. How many species were there millions upon millions and despite our current technology we still don't know 90% of them. The same thing happened to animals there were not only insects but birds, mammals, whales, butterflies etc. In other words, the spoken word isn't always the same as what it means even though sometimes, it's what it means.

So when we think Scripture is God-Breathed we are not referring to the words in PRINT but words behind the WORDS. Assuming we read How Balak forced Balaam to curse the Israelite, do you know, Balak was made to sacrifice 7 bulls and 7 rams but every time Balaam ONLY blessed the Israelites. During that time, they faced all directions, East, North, South, West, NE and all the micro directions of a Compass. Every time Balaam Said, "The people rise like a lioness, they rouse themselves like a lion."

The Scripture is Alive to US and We don't defend it because we worship Scripture we defend it because we feel and resonate with the Spirit behind the Words. :(

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Linet Kihonge

Shalom
Aug 18, 2015
Nairobi
✟9,980.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

It's PURE so PURE that if you read it using the eye-glasses of God you will see his and feel his TRUTH. :D

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
jewish mary died along time ago. she got old, then she died. remove her out of the picture (apart from her role in the incarnation), the gospel message remains the same. so why bother. it is not an accident that the epistles never mentioned anything about her, nor her supposedly ascension that should have been a spectacular story. why? because it was all made up, a work of fiction possibly by some ebionite lost in mystical lunacy. meant no offense, im actually trying to help you, but if you want to waste your life-time on an rcc version of a romanticized mary, it is your 'free will' - as you would have said it - a true case in point not of free will but of the bondage of the will.

Mary is in Heaven with Jesus.

All the CC believe and say about Mary is true. If you were a Catholic you would understand.

Close the Bible and the Word of God still lives on today. Scripture lives on today. The early church Fathers continued to bring Gods words into fruition. Mary, Our Blessed Mother is needed by the whole world. The Mother of God. Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As for me, I'm officially a Protestant but was raised a Catholic but I see Mary as the greatest of the saints because she bore God in the person of Jesus Christ. She raised Him and suffered with Him at the cross.I believe it is not wrong to pray to Mary as long as we praise God in that prayer as well. I often pray the Lutheran rosary instead of the Catholic version of it and sometimes I pray the Angelus but when I say the Hail Mary I usually use the Pre-Trent version of it. So how do you view Mary? And what is your opinion on her ?

Hi,

Just by reading the Bible, a good honest Christian commonsense will tell you, without Mary there is No Salvation. there is no other way to read it without coming to this honest conclusion.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi,

Just by reading the Bible, a good honest Christian commonsense will tell you, without Mary there is No Salvation. there is no other way to read it without coming to this honest conclusion.

Just by reading the Bible, a good honest Christian commensense will tell you that without Achim there is NO Salvation. There is no other way to read it without coming to this honest conclusion.

So, who venerates Achim? Where are the churches devoted to St. Achim? When is his feast day? Was he also immaculately conceived? Was he assumed into heaven?

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just by reading the Bible, a good honest Christian commensense will tell you that without Achim there is NO Salvation. There is no other way to read it without coming to this honest conclusion.

So, who venerates Achim? Where are the churches devoted to St. Achim? When is his feast day? Was he also immaculately conceived? Was he assumed into heaven?

There are many Saints in the Catholic Church, As of now, I do not know who a St. Achim, is, or if he is even a saint in the Catholic Church. Do you mean Joachim, the Father of Mary? lol FYI If you did mean Joachim the father of Mary, at least get the name right, because right now I believe I'm waisting my time with someone who just has hot air, and does not know really what to say. lol

But to answer your question, the Catholic Church venerates many Saints and many if not all have feast days, only Mary was Conceived Immaculately and She was Assumed into heaven.

Then again, Adam and Eve were created without sin. And so was Mary!

According to Scripture, Enoch and Elijah may have been assumed into heaven before the time of Christ. This is less clear in Enoch's case, since Genesis 5:24 says only that God "took" him, but doesn't say where. Sirach 44:16 and 49:14 make it clear that he was taken up from the earth, and Hebrews 11:5 adds "so that he should not see death."

That being said, how more important is the Mother of God to be assumed into heaven???

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are many Saints in the Catholic Church, As of now, I do not know who a St. Achim, is, or if he is even a saint in the Catholic Church. Do you mean Joachim, the Father of Mary? lol FYI If you did mean Joachim the father of Mary, at least get the name right, because right now I believe I'm waisting my time with someone who just has hot air, and does not know really what to say. lol

But to answer your question, the Catholic Church venerates many Saints and many if not all have feast days, only Mary was Conceived Immaculately and She was Assumed into heaven.

Then again, Adam and Eve were created without sin. And so was Mary!

According to Scripture, Enoch and Elijah may have been assumed into heaven before the time of Christ. This is less clear in Enoch's case, since Genesis 5:24 says only that God "took" him, but doesn't say where. Sirach 44:16 and 49:14 make it clear that he was taken up from the earth, and Hebrews 11:5 adds "so that he should not see death."

That being said, how more important is the Mother of God to be assumed into heaven???

I apologize for the misunderstanding here. I meant the Achim of Matthew 1:14.

Matthew 1:14 Azor the father of Zadok. Zadok became the father of Achim, Achim the father of Eliud,

This is the rendering of his name in the New American Bible, which, as I am sure you know, is a Catholic translation.

It does seem a bit odd to me that an individual who played such a vital role in the coming of Jesus Christ and without whom Jesus could never have entered the world, is not even known in Catholic theology.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0