Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I seem to be really into jigsaw puzzles.
Mikha'el very cool,mine has always been the adult coloring books,and lately I have been playing the game wheel of fortune on my ipad.

Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sleep. I think I've been sleeping too much lately. I think this time of year puts me in a sort of hibernation mode. lol

I guess other than that I have been thinking about hair care more lately again. I have been trying to find solutions to using less plastic, so I decided to start using shampoo bars and conditioner bars more lately.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I guess other than that I have been thinking about hair care more lately again. I have been trying to find solutions to using less plastic, so I decided to start using shampoo bars and conditioner bars more lately.
I guess that’s been my obsession lately too. Half the youtube channels I’m subscribed to have to do with hair styles or hair care for long hair.
I’ve not heard of shampoo and conditioner bars. Are they better?

I want to grow my hair a little longer if I can so I should focus on that again this year.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I guess that’s been my obsession lately too. Half the youtube channels I’m subscribed to have to do with hair styles or hair care for long hair.
I’ve not heard of shampoo and conditioner bars. Are they better?

I want to grow my hair a little longer if I can so I should focus on that again this year.
haha!! That's awesome!! :D Same here! I have been watching a lot more youtube hair care videos as well!! I love learning new things when it comes to this! I used to experiment a lot more, but I have grown more lazy lately I think. xD

Well, I'm not sure I would say they are better. They are nice to use every now and then; I always like how they make my hair feel after using them the first time, although in the past I did try using shampoo bars for a time but after a while my hair started feeling a bit waxy (which I think is also why apple cider vinegar rinses are often recommended along with them). I thought I would try it out again and see if I could avoid the waxy problem like the last time. We'll see. :)

What do you do for your hair care?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
haha!! That's awesome!! :D Same here! I have been watching a lot more youtube hair care videos as well!! I love learning new things when it comes to this! I used to experiment a lot more, but I have grown more lazy lately I think. xD

Well, I'm not sure I would say they are better. They are nice to use every now and then; I always like how they make my hair feel after using them the first time, although in the past I did try using shampoo bars for a time but after a while my hair started feeling a bit waxy (which I think is also why apple cider vinegar rinses are often recommended along with them). I thought I would try it out again and see if I could avoid the waxy problem like the last time. We'll see. :)

What do you do for your hair care?
I guess I’ve become lazy too.
Right now I just shampoo and condition (lots of conditioner) my hair and use a wetbrush after washing it to remove any tangles. I don’t typically brush it when it’s dry because it could damage my hair. I was trimming split ends as they appeared. But I got busy/lazy lately. (So I’ll need to trim an inch maybe soon). Other than that I haven’t actually tried anything special on my hair. I wanted to try coconut oil but I haven’t gotten arround to it yet.)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think I need a cleaning obsession. My apartment could use that right about now...View attachment 249836
I have an obsession with organization.....
But organization and cleaning aren’t quite exactly the same thing. Sometimes I want to help other people organize too...

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I guess I’ve become lazy too.
Right now I just shampoo and condition (lots of conditioner) my hair and use a wetbrush after washing it to remove any tangles. I don’t typically brush it when it’s dry because it could damage my hair. I was trimming split ends as they appeared. But I got busy/lazy lately. (So I’ll need to trim an inch maybe soon). Other than that I haven’t actually tried anything special on my hair. I wanted to try coconut oil but I haven’t gotten arround to it yet.)
Nice!! :) It sounds like you take good care of your hair. I haven't trimmed my hair in a long time hoping that my hair would get a little longer. My hair hasn't really grown much longer in the past few years, so I sometimes wonder if it has reached its terminal length. :mmh:

I hear a lot of people have wonderful results with coconut oil!! :) You should totally try it!! I did for a time, although it doesn't work as well for my hair type if I use it too much, so I mostly just use olive oil or grapeseed oil, but I hear it works very well for so many. :) I guess that's the fun thing about hair is finding what works best for you. ^_^

I have an obsession with organization.....
But organization and cleaning aren’t quite exactly the same thing. Sometimes I want to help other people organize too...
That's awesome!! You should come over to my place. hahaha. That's an interesting point, I guess there is a difference between organizing and cleaning...I think my problem might be more so with organizing and clutter. I need to learn your organization skills. I don't do so well when I accumulate too much stuff because I grow tired of putting everything away. I love sweeping, mopping, and dusting though. I sort of dislike dishes I guess, but that's partly because they become dirty every day. :muahah:

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Nice!! :) It sounds like you take good care of your hair. I haven't trimmed my hair in a long time hoping that my hair would get a little longer. My hair hasn't really grown much longer in the past few years, so I sometimes wonder if it has reached its terminal length. :mmh:

I hear a lot of people have wonderful results with coconut oil!! :) You should totally try it!! I did for a time, although it doesn't work as well for my hair type if I use it too much, so I mostly just use olive oil or grapeseed oil, but I hear it works very well for so many. :) I guess that's the fun thing about hair is finding what works best for you. ^_^

That's awesome!! You should come over to my place. hahaha. That's an interesting point, I guess there is a difference between organizing and cleaning...I think my problem might be more so with organizing and clutter. I need to learn your organization skills. I don't do so well when I accumulate too much stuff because I grow tired of putting everything away. I love sweeping, mopping, and dusting though. I sort of dislike dishes I guess, but that's partly because they become dirty every day. :muahah:
Regularly trimming hair (a half an inch or so a few times a year, and removing split ends when they appear, as well as doing things to prevent damage helps with hair growth so I’ve heard. What we eat and drink is supposed to make a difference as well. My hair doesnt seem to have grown much since I trimmed it sometime last year, but I suspect if I trim it again that might help. I guess the only way to know is actually measuring it to keep track.

I have used products with coconut oil in them and they worked well with my hair. But using straight coconut oil might be better. I did suggest a family member use coconut oil on dry hands once. I figured it might be better than the lotion we had.
I like to use aloe vera on burns to help skin heal and be moisturized so i’m curious if it is also good for moisturising hair (but i haven’t tried or researched that yet.)

It is tough with clutter and deciding what actually needs to be gotten rid of. It’s a pretty big project when there are a lot of things to go through. I like to keep things. But I’ve been working on donating and throwing out things for a year or two now when I have the time.

I hate dishes....
and kinda hate laundry lately too. It’s never ending!

I do like the result of cleaning/organizing though. It’s easier to relax and be inspired when things are clean.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Regularly trimming hair (a half an inch or so a few times a year, and removing split ends when they appear, as well as doing things to prevent damage helps with hair growth so I’ve heard. What we eat and drink is supposed to make a difference as well. My hair doesnt seem to have grown much since I trimmed it sometime last year, but I suspect if I trim it again that might help. I guess the only way to know is actually measuring it to keep track.

I have used products with coconut oil in them and they worked well with my hair. But using straight coconut oil might be better. I did suggest a family member use coconut oil on dry hands once. I figured it might be better than the lotion we had.
I like to use aloe vera on burns to help skin heal and be moisturized so i’m curious if it is also good for moisturising hair (but i haven’t tried or researched that yet.)

It is tough with clutter and deciding what actually needs to be gotten rid of. It’s a pretty big project when there are a lot of things to go through. I like to keep things. But I’ve been working on donating and throwing out things for a year or two now when I have the time.

I hate dishes....
and kinda hate laundry lately too. It’s never ending!

I do like the result of cleaning/organizing though. It’s easier to relax and be inspired when things are clean.
Yes. :) I do occasionally search my ends for splits and snip them off, although I dislike trimming my hair all at once since it takes so long to grow it all back after trims. And yes, measuring definitely helps with keeping track!! :D

That's awesome!! Yeah, aloe vera is a miracle plant I think. :D I absolutely love it!! I need to buy some more sometime. I actually used to use it on my hair mixed with a few drops of olive oil and it made my hair feel so nice.

You've got that right!! haha! I guess everything in life takes balance. ^_^

Yes, the biggest chores are the ones that are never ending!! haha! And yes a clutter free clean environment is very soothing.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Not quite my latest obsession as it's been going on for a while, but genealogy probably counts as I've picked it up again after taking a bit of a break from researching my family tree.

And also maths and science related YouTube channels. It started off with Numberphile, and then I discovered that some of the people appearing there have their own channels, and somewhere along the way I came across some card trick channels which I want to delve into.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Not quite my latest obsession as it's been going on for a while, but genealogy probably counts as I've picked it up again after taking a bit of a break from researching my family tree.

And also maths and science related YouTube channels. It started off with Numberphile, and then I discovered that some of the people appearing there have their own channels, and somewhere along the way I came across some card trick channels which I want to delve into.
I’ve been into geneology too lately. And I’d like to organize what I’ve found with all the sources I’ve found. Do you have a method of organizing sources?

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been into geneology too lately. And I’d like to organize what I’ve found with all the sources I’ve found. Do you have a method of organizing sources?

I've been using Family Search to record everybody (because it's free) and attaching sources to the relevant people. I've only done it with sources from their databases, but I would imagine that it's also possible to attach external sources and maybe upload things too.

• Informative
Upvote 0