London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My idea of heaven would be to have an island of a few hundred square miles big where I can create my own paradise which will be full of wildlife, rivers and ponds and animals of my choice. The sun will always shine apart from one day a week for a nice thunder storm to water the plants and trees. I will have a selection of insects like woodlice, millipedes, worms for the ground. Butterflies, ladybugs, bee's, beetles, and lots more but no spiders because they are creepy.

For the animals I would have guinea pigs, rabbits, cows and sheep and pigs, chickens, pigeons, finches and canaries, budgies and some parrots.

For plants I would have plenty of fruit trees and vegetables fields of banana trees and other trees for oxygen and lots of fields full of green grass and open spaces.

I would live in a castle up on a hill with a women and start a family.

Everything will be free of sin.

Whats your idea of heaven?

Reactions: Tigger45

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My idea of heaven would be to have an island of a few hundred square miles big where I can create my own paradise which will be full of wildlife, rivers and ponds and animals of my choice. The sun will always shine apart from one day a week for a nice thunder storm to water the plants and trees. I will have a selection of insects like woodlice, millipedes, worms for the ground. Butterflies, ladybugs, bee's, beetles, and lots more but no spiders because they are creepy.

For the animals I would have guinea pigs, rabbits, cows and sheep and pigs, chickens, pigeons, finches and canaries, budgies and some parrots.

For plants I would have plenty of fruit trees and vegetables fields of banana trees and other trees for oxygen and lots of fields full of green grass and open spaces.

Nyssan epektasis: neverending desire/fulfillment that is both simultaneous and progressing. Unlike this world where we either desire or are satiated, they will occur simultaneously while ever progressing since the good for which we are created is eternal.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hard bread, soft cheese, dry red wine, and good conversation with good company.
I would add a Victorian clay tobacco pipe to that with a fire burning in an old house.

Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Winning enough lottery money so I can move to the Cayman Islands (a tax haven) and establish a charitable foundation to support worthy causes of my choosing. Which would largely be education, scientific research and the arts.

And also to have a lifetime supply of W.L. Weller Single Barrel Bourbon.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Winning enough lottery money so I can move to the Cayman Islands (a tax haven) and establish a charitable foundation to support worthy causes of my choosing. Which would largely be education, scientific research and the arts.

And also to have a lifetime supply of W.L. Weller Single Barrel Bourbon.
Meh. Weller is overrated.;)

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Meh. Weller is overrated.;)
You may be right about their regular bourbons, which I’ve never tried. Some time ago, I was fortunate to sample about 1 tablespoon of the single barrel product at a tasting. I can’t claim to be a bourbon connoisseur. But this stuff was heavenly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist
You may be right about their regular bourbons, which I’ve never tried. Some time ago, I was fortunate to sample about 1 tablespoon of the single barrel product at a tasting. I can’t claim to be a bourbon connoisseur. But this stuff was heavenly.
I was pleased with Four Roses Single Barrel Select. Their "down stream" products I don't like.

Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I had a similar experience many years ago during my one run in with fine wine. I don't drink wine often, have no developed pallet for it and do not care for red wine in particular. I shared a bottle of Penfolds Grange at a family gathering and was fully prepared to take a sip then beg off as it was wasted on me. It was amazing. I'm not going to waste words trying to convey the taste but the experience of it was that of being made privy to the craftmanship of a master vintner that even the uninitiated such as myself could delight in.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟103,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I was younger I read the book of Revelation, and about beings who worshipped and praised God without ceasing. At the time I read it, I thought that might sound like a boring existence. But the longer I live, the more I think that sounds like a pretty good existence, maybe the best of all existences. To praise and rejoice in God forever and ever, that would be exulting.

Also, I would like to see some beloved pets that have passed on.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Don't know,
but have heard the idea is to bring heaven down to earth.

Who can praise You from the grave?

So,

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't know,

So,

Earth is where fallen angels are. I'm not sure I'd want heaven to come to earth and get all mixed up with everything here. Maybe we could have another Jesus on earth instead.

I think we are dimensional beings that haven't evolved yet so we just see things as they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to have a sort-of idea of Heaven, but lately I've realized that I don't think we can comprehend it. We get some hints, but when we're with Christ, I think everything will change in ways we may not dream. It will be Heaven, but beyond our imaginings.

Reactions: the Vital One
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to have a sort-of idea of Heaven, but lately I've realized that I don't think we can comprehend it. We get some hints, but when we're with Christ, I think everything will change in ways we may not dream. It will be Heaven, but beyond our imaginings.
From what I understand what we do in the physical life stays with us in the after life that is why God guides us to make the right choices. When somebody crosses over a light will appear and in that light is the portal to heaven or you can choose to remain on Earth as a spirit.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've reconsidered my earlier idea about living in a tax haven and running a philanthropic organization.

Heaven is anywhere no one is ever is killed or injured in a mass shooting.
One day Earth will be sin free. We have a long way to go as the human race.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Don't know,

So,

"And the spirit pf God hovered over the waters/deep......"

as a dove, gentle and timid,
"la paloma"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.