Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone watch America's Got Talent? I don't, but my little sisters do and they've become so inspired by a couple of fantastically talented, charming girls on the show. They're learning how to play covers of this song:

I think the live shows are this week!

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone watch America's Got Talent? I don't, but my little sisters do and they've become so inspired by a couple of fantastically talented, charming girls on the show. They're learning how to play covers of this song:

She won! :D

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Have you guys watched any of the news shows out this fall? I haven't watched that many yet, but the ones I've seen are great. I really like Stranger Things and Mr Robot!

@Stanfordella did you ever watch GOT this summer? What did you think? :)

Upvote 0

Lucillia

Apr 27, 2016
Oxford
✟12,086.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
:ebil:
Luke-Cage-1ª-Temporada.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I think the level of elation my little sisters and their friends had for Grace's win matched that of faithful Cubs fans who'd been cheering them on for decades and were overwhelmed with happiness at their victory, haha. They just came back from a special trip to Vegas to attend her shows there. My sisters want to audition for AGT now. :)

Tiny bit of random trivia! I was on the show as a kid, though not as a competitor. My dance group performed at the opening of the LA auditions. My 15 seconds of fame, haha.

@Stanfordella did you ever watch GOT this summer? What did you think? :)

I did, though not attentively enough to absorb all the rich details to give it the appreciation it merits. I binge watched the first five episodes on a long flight and was mesmerized by the artistry of it, but was zoning in and out so I missed a lot of the narrative. I watched the rest of season 1 while sick and again failed to give it its due. I asked friends to help fill me in, and they shook their heads and said I needed to start over because I'd missed major aspects, ha. I'll be in the car most of today because friends and I road-tripped to Arizona for yesterday's football game, so I might watch a few episodes. None of us slept last night, so we're just quietly keeping ourselves amused so those who need to nap in the car can. It might be the ideal time to break out my headphones and start again.

I have newfound respect for dedicated Game of Throne fans because it's definitely a cerebral show that demands your focus in order to reap the full enjoyment.

One of these days I will properly watch it. I have to say that after all the Sturm und Drang about it here, it wasn't as provocative as expected. I definitely understand why many are fascinated by the story lines and the craftsmanship of the show enough to not be deterred by "R" rated elements. And I also understand why it's now the most celebrated show in Emmy history! It won more awards than any other in all the years that the Emmy's have been awarded.

In the meantime, I'm no longer actively avoiding spoilers, as I have for years now, tuning out of conversations about it and skipping over posts. I've had this issue since last summer but still haven't read it, haha. One of the reasons I've wanted to watch GoT is to be able to get the numerous cultural and political references to it. At least I now know enough to get it when someone is compared to a Lannister.

bush-clinton-cover.jpg

This is another show I'm adding to my list of ones to watch! My brother and boyfriend love it, but I've yet to catch an episode. :)

Upvote 0

SweetPeach

"From tiny experiences we build cathedrals."
Dec 9, 2016
Georgia
✟18,048.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Vikings and Westworld are my current favorites! But seeing as we're gonna have to wait until 2018 for season two of WW I might have to find something new.. have heard good things about The Man in High Castle miniseries on Amazon?

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Vikings and Westworld are my current favorites! But seeing as we're gonna have to wait until 2018 for season two of WW I might have to find something new.. have heard good things about The Man in High Castle miniseries on Amazon?

Your profile picture of the Golden Retriever delights my heart. :hearteyes:Welcome to CF!

So many people have been raving about WW for months that my enthusiasm for it is pumped. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to remedy that over winter break! I'll have a long flight and it will be the ideal time to have a binge watch feast. I'm also curious about the other shows you mentioned and will add them to my to-watch list. :)

I watched Goliath, another Amazon original content series, at Thanksgiving with my grandpa, and we really enjoyed it. I'll urge my grandparents to check out The Man in High Castle and tell me what they think. They've been looking for a new show to watch. They just finished The Fall on Netflix, which they've recommended.

The only other show I've consumed the entire series of since school started in September is Netflix's original, The Crown, which is scrumptious.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your profile picture of the Golden Retriever delights my heart. :hearteyes:
I had exactly the same reaction when I saw the picture. Looks a bit like yours!
Definitely everybody is fond of your avatar @SweetPeach!

I will start the Crown as soon as I would have the great pleasure to be in holidays, as my exams would be over. Cannot wait for that. Anyway it looks so elegant and classy, everything I am fond of. A few friends encouraged me a lot to watch it, they were both truly impressed by the quality of the show and the main actress.

Upvote 0

SweetPeach

"From tiny experiences we build cathedrals."
Dec 9, 2016
Georgia
✟18,048.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Your profile picture of the Golden Retriever delights my heart. :hearteyes:Welcome to CF!

I had exactly the same reaction when I saw the picture. Looks a bit like yours!
Definitely everybody is fond of your avatar @SweetPeach!

Thanks guys! I'm glad to be getting such a positive reaction :blush: I have two goldens of my own, I almost always default to a pic of one when I need an avatar..

So many people have been raving about WW for months that my enthusiasm for it is pumped. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to remedy that over winter break! I'll have a long flight and it will be the ideal time to have a binge watch feast. I'm also curious about the other shows you mentioned and will add them to my to-watch list. :)

You won't be disappointed! I usually don't get into shows that are currently updating because I get so impatient haha but WW was totally worth it, and even though it's an HBO show, I wouldn't rate it nearly as brutal as GOT (which I did watch for a super long time). The real meat of the show is in the philosophy and plot and phenomenal actors, Anthony Hopkins of course being among them. Plus the finale is full movie length, an hour and a half! So much goodness packed into one season of a show.

The only other show I've consumed the entire series of since school started in September is Netflix's original, The Crown, which is scrumptious.

I'm heard some really awesome things about The Crown, it's on my list for sure. Even if it isn't set so far back, I'm a sucker for period dramas and shows around the monarchy :smile:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@SweetPeach - I finally watched the first episode of Westworld, and you were most definitely right that it didn't disappoint! I can understand why so many have been raving about it. I'm looking forward to watching more of the series over winter break now that I finally have the time to indulge in some binge-viewing. My little brother has been discussing it in his philosophy class, and nudging me to go ahead and dive it so I can give my thoughts.

My heart was immediately lassoed around the soundtrack. I loved, loved, LOVED the music in the pilot. I'm a dancer, and Vitamin Strings Quartet has been a favorite for ballet for years. What really enamored me are Ramin Djawadi's covers. They are exquisite! I was watching the episode on a flight, and started playing the piano on the little tray, haha. I'm going to spend quality bonding time with my piano over break playing more of the songs from the show!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

I love Westworld! I'm really happy I watched it slow bc I still have a few episodes let that are new to me. I love the music in it too, like Ella does. I really like The Man in High Castle too! You should definitely watch it. It's kind of disturbing but that's bc you think about how history actually could have happened that way had we lost WW2. I really like that both shows make you think a lot.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I've got the flu so I've been binge watching The Man in the High Castle. I've changed my mind about it. :( It was really great the first few episodes & then it got too melodramatic. It's become cringeworthy which is a shame bc it really could have been great. It definitely makes you think a lot.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I loved watching Hell on Wheels, but this ended already.
I also loved Hatfields & McCoys. I just love Western films.

Now I'm watching The Walking Dead and I have to say I hate Negan.
He should be put down. I would've put him down already.

I used to watch The Walking Dead but then it kind of lost its appeal. A lot of people have said the same thing. I haven't watched the last season. I liked it best when they were in Alexandria. I know this may sound silly but I liked it when the characters were finally bathed & had clean clothes, lol. I got tired of seeing them all gross every episode. I don't think anybody likes Negan. That actor who plays him is pretty terrific though IMO.

I've never heard of the other shows you're talking about. I'll have to look them up. :)

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, if you love the Old West, you should go check them out.

About Negan, oh no, don't get me wrong. He is brilliant. The actor is brilliant.
I meant in reality, a man like this should be put down immediately.
The producer can't kill him just now because his ratings would drop.
He is purposely creating more drama and building more tension.

Negan is brilliant because he is controlling cowards and sinners in the only way possible. With fear and brute force. If he goes weak, they will eat him alive.
And what if there is even worse ruler tham him? Like for example Negan is way worse than the Governor.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The last episode I saw was the one where Negan had the baseball bat. He was cruel and sociopathic. I kind of lost interest. Idk enough about him to compare to the Governor. What was so evil about the Governor was that he was so double-natured. He convinced people that he was good & that's why decent people followed him. They were tricked into believing that the terrible things he was leading them to do were right. I think there is truth in that bc in history the same thing has happened.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's important for all of us to watch this kind of movies or TV episodes from time to time.

Why?

If we work in an office all day long and we don't have a real touch with reality like the way African people in the ghetto do, one day we could find ourselves into a bad situation.

By watching dramatic moments in movies and episodes, we think. What would I do?

Thinking by itself is not enough for us to act in this kind of situation, but it's at least something.

You should watch it. He gutted one of Rick's members and he actually deserved it. This justice happen in real life too. Bad men killing bad men. It's not always that good men are killing bad men.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'll eventually watch the newest season of TWD. Now I wonder which of Rick's men got killed. I hope it wasn't Daryl. He's tied with Michonne as my favourite on the show. Did you know the actor that plays Rick is British? We were watching Christmas movies & there is one called Love Actually that he's in. It's a British movie. I found out that he's British but plays an American on TWD.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, yes, not only him, not only him. Lots of British people in Hollywood.
Darryl is alive, he's an important character. Actually, Negan got another one crew member killed. Negan killed 4 of Rick's people. And now they're considering to fight him. I guess it would get more interesting.

My favorite character is Rick's son. I like him. He is brave, not a coward like his father.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Oh I'm happy Daryl is still alive! If the world comes to an end you need somebody like him, Carol & Michonne!

I like Carl. He's my age so I find him more relatable in a way.

Do you think there are Christian themes to TWD? I read something where people were talking about it having some biblical analogies.

Upvote 0