South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have to say Hillsong United, though their sound has changed many times over the years. They are decidedly in the Praise and Worship category, but songs can range from slow/worshipful to loud rock to even a bit techno.

Genre wise I like hard rock a lot. Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch are two Christian bands I enjoy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm new to this genre..
There is a wide range of Christian music of many styles. There are many good radio stations around the world and many streaming sites that play a range of artists. I'm sure there are people here that could recommend some that they like. I'm sure there are some that play music that you'd like.

I work with a low power FM station in Madison WI, WIXL. It streams online on 97X.fm. The distinctive thing is that we play a wide range of Christian artists of many styles including pop, blues, hiphop, metal, indy, experimental, and rock rather than focusing on one particular style. The goal is to play styles and songs that don't get a lot of airplay on more mainstream Christian stations. The fellow who does the programming tries to make sure there are no repeated songs in any 8 hour period. There end up being hundreds of different songs played per week. If you are new to Christian music (and like music a bit on the heavier side than typical pop), 97x.fm could be a nice introduction to a wide range of bands. In any given hour, there'll be a song that doesn't fit my tastes followed by some gems that I hadn't heard before.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There is a wide range of Christian music of many styles. There are many good radio stations around the world and many streaming sites that play a range of artists. I'm sure there are people here that could recommend some that they like. I'm sure there are some that play music that you'd like.

I work with a low power FM station in Madison WI, WIXL. It streams online on 97X.fm. The distinctive thing is that we play a wide range of Christian artists of many styles including pop, blues, hiphop, metal, indy, experimental, and rock rather than focusing on one particular style. The goal is to play styles and songs that don't get a lot of airplay on more mainstream Christian stations. The fellow who does the programming tries to make sure there are no repeated songs in any 8 hour period. There end up being hundreds of different songs played per week. If you are new to Christian music (and like music a bit on the heavier side than typical pop), 97x.fm could be a nice introduction to a wide range of bands. In any given hour, there'll be a song that doesn't fit my tastes followed by some gems that I hadn't heard before.

your answer is really helpful, thank you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caelesto

Eternal Wanderer
Jul 4, 2017
Westtown, NY
✟10,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you're looking for something a little different (and there's really no other word to describe it...), I would recommend Wovenhand. He is one of my favourite musicians in the world. His former band Sixteen Horsepower is also worth a listen. They're a little more folk/Americana sounding. Wovenhand doesn't really fit in a genre.

Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you're looking for something a little different (and there's really no other word to describe it...), I would recommend Wovenhand. He is one of my favourite musicians in the world. His former band Sixteen Horsepower is also worth a listen. They're a little more folk/Americana sounding. Wovenhand doesn't really fit in a genre.

Thank you, they truly seem interesting. :)

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christian music is by far my favorite genre, it's all I listen to, I can't get enough of it... there is SOO much good Christian music out there, it's the best genre there is IMO. My favorite worship bands are

-Will Reagan and the United Pursuit Band
-Jesus Culture
-Bethel Music
-Hillsong United
-Housefires

Some good artists are

-Kari Jobe
-Mandissa
-Brandon Heath
-Amy Grant
-John Waller
-Chris Tomlin
-Jeremy Camp
-Matt Redman
-TobyMac

Some good non-worship Christian bands are

-David Crowder Band
-Newsboys
-Casting Crowns
-Third Day
-MercyMe
-Tenth Avenue North
-Switchfoot

Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0