What is your favorite verse or verses in the bible?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What are your favorite verses in the Bible? My favorite verses are John 3:16 and John 6:37-6:40. I think that they are the most comforting verses in the Bible. I mean, Jesus promises eternal life to all who believe in him and he will never lose a single believer But, will raise them up at the last day. What comforting words from a wonderful savior! What about you?

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are your favorite verses in the Bible? My favorite verses are John 3:16 and John 6:37-6:40. I think that they are the most comforting verses in the Bible. I mean, Jesus promises eternal life to all who believe in him and he will never lose a single believer But, will raise them up at the last day. What comforting words from a wonderful savior! What about you?
There are so many and often it depends on the situation at hand. God's word is a handbook, an owner's manual of sorts, for the human condition, containing instructions for every situation in which we are confronted. At this very moment I'm drawn to Proverbs 3:5-6... God bless you, mm'.

259706_674efb928be7f479759eb0baf1fa565f.jpg

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There are so many and often it depends on the situation at hand. God's word is a handbook, an owner's manual of sorts, for the human condition, containing instructions for every situation in which we are confronted. At this very moment I'm drawn to Proverbs 3:5-6... God bless you, mm'.

259706_674efb928be7f479759eb0baf1fa565f.jpg

I really like those verses too. Pretty.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mark 5:25-34
and
John 14:16-18 (Amplified Bible)
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another a]'>[a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.

18 “I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, bereaved, and helpless]; I will come [back] to you.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Mark 5:25-34
and
John 14:16-18 (Amplified Bible)
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another a]'>[a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.

18 “I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, bereaved, and helpless]; I will come [back] to you.

Those are really good verses. The gospel of John is by far the best of the gospels.

Upvote 0