Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What is your favorite recipe?

Well this is one of my faves, and I make it pretty often (great for summer)

I use Sanitarium lentil patties (very yum, low in fat/sugar/salt) and Turkish bread rolls.

Slice bread rolls in half, lightly toast each side (I use the grill, but some people have one of those special toasters that'll do it) and at the same time grill the lentil patties (they don't take long)

Then spread one half of each roll with avocado, add the grilled lentil patty, then sliced tomato, beetroot, and shredded lettuce, and top with sweet chilli sauce. I then spread the other half of the roll with 99% fat-free Philadelphia (cream cheese) Put 'em together and enjoy!

I make this meal for dinner pretty often, and it's quite filling.

Upvote 0

whatisyourstory

Tell your story and change a life
Feb 8, 2008
Midwest
✟11,775.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A few of my faves :)

Vegetarian Tortilla Stew

INGREDIENTS
  • (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cube vegetable bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1/2 cup vegetarian chicken substitute, diced (optional)
  • 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn into strips
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a pot, mix the enchilada sauce and water. Dissolve the bouillon cube in the liquid, and season with garlic powder, chile powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Mix in the beans, tomatoes, and corn. Simmer until heated through. Mix in vegetarian chicken and tortillas, and cook until heated through. Stir in cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to serve.
Beer Battered Fried Vegetables

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups beer
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
  • 1 carrot, cut into thick strips
  • 1 onion, sliced into rings
  • 6 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup flour and beer with a wooden spoon; let stand for at least 3 hours at room temperature. Mix eggs and milk in a small bowl. In a separate bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and salt and pepper. Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Dip each vegetable in the egg and milk mixture. Next dip the vegetable into the flour and seasoning mixture, finally dip the vegetable in the beer and flour mixture. Place the vegetables into the oil and fry until golden brown.
Vegetarian Spring Rolls

3 5/8 ounces vermicelli bean thread noodles 3/4 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms, about 10 8 1/8 ounces sliced bamboo shoots, drained, finely sliced 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced 1 tablespoons hoisin sauce 7 1/16 ounces bean sprouts, trimmed (see Notes) salt, to taste fresh ground black pepper, to taste 1 (15 7/8 ounce) packet frozen spring roll wrappers, thawed 1 egg white, lightly beaten vegetable oil, for deep frying bottled sweet and sour sauce, to serve fresh herbs, to garnish

Proceed with caution: References to ingredient amounts, cooking times, and temperatures in directions below have NOT been adjusted (only the amounts in the ingredients list were updated).
  1. Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water; stand for 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft; drain well; using scissors, cut the noodles into large pieces.Place the mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water; allow them to stay covered with the water for 20 minutes or until they are soft; drain well and slice the mushrooms thinly. Combine the noodles, mushrooms, bambooo shoots, garlic, hoisin sauce and bean shoots in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, to taste and mix well. Brush the edges of one pastry sheet with a little of the egg white; place 2 tablespoons of noodle mixture on one pastry sheet corner and fold the pastry corner over the filling; roll up the pastry, folding in the sides to enclose the filling; repeat with the remaining pastry sheets, egg white and noodle mixture.
  2. Heat the oil in a large, deep pan and deep-fry the spring rolls in batches until they are golden brown; drain them on absorbent paper.
  3. Serve the spring rolls with dipping sauce and garnish with fresh herbs.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the best Spanish Rice I have ever had.

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
2 med onion
1 med green bell pepper
2 med celery stalks
1 (20 oz) can of crushed tomatoes, undrained
2 teasp ground cumin
2 teasp garlic powder
1 teasp salt
2 (14 oz) cans vegetable broth
1 hot pepper (optional---add more or less depending on how hot you like it.

Finely chop everything or put in a food processor and chop.
1. Heat oil in a Duthoven over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook until golden, about 3 min., stirring constantly. Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and cover tightly and simmer 20 min. or until all liquid is absorbed.

The recipe called for adding 1 can of broth with the vegies and the other can after cooking. I added them both with the vegies and it came out great. I also substituted minced garlic for the powdered because I did not have the powdered. This recipe is very forgiving and just as good or better then what they serve in the Mexican Restaurants. Let me know if you tried it and what you think.:yum:
Serves 12

Upvote 0

wina

May 6, 2011
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fruit Salad Recipe.

Ingredients

• 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
  • 1 Fuji apple, cored and chopped
  • 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
  • 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
  • 1 cup red grapes
  • 2 cups lemon yogurt

Directions

1. In a salad bowl, mix together the strawberries, blueberries, Granny Smith and Fuji apples, kiwi fruit, crushed pineapple, red grapes, and lemon yogurt until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate leftovers.
Enjoy :)

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status