Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I love counted cross stitch and making Christmas ornaments from felt. I like for people to make me thread crochet potholders, because I don't know how and don't want to learn.

Upvote 0

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like to draw pictures with my computer

kI9RSot.png

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am really good at pencil drawing, on paper. Started to get into painting, but haven't done it in a few years, always something pressing to do.
What's a good site for learning pencil drawing???

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Google Sites by typing in words:

draw humans tutorial
draw lips tutorial
draw eyes tutorial
draw hands tutorial
draw feet tutorial
draw buildings and cities in 15 minutes
draw dogs
how to draw dog eyes easy

Now you have the idea, and I think the sites are incredible!

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like anything, learning to draw takes time. I enjoyed drawing as a kid, and practiced all the time. Abstract things are easier to start with, animals and people are harder to get the proportions right. You can become a good drawer without any training or classes. Good old trial and error worked for me, oh and alot of erasers and paper.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Google Sites by typing in words:

draw humans tutorial
draw lips tutorial
draw eyes tutorial
draw hands tutorial
draw feet tutorial
draw buildings and cities in 15 minutes
draw dogs
how to draw dog eyes easy

Now you have the idea, and I think the sites are incredible!
THANK YOU!!! I'm well on my way to becoming a world-famous cartoonist!!! (well.......close). :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like anything, learning to draw takes time. I enjoyed drawing as a kid, and practiced all the time. Abstract things are easier to start with, animals and people are harder to get the proportions right. You can become a good drawer without any training or classes. Good old trial and error worked for me, oh and alot of erasers and paper.
My daughter is an excellent artist all on her own with alot of practice as a child. She certainly doesn't get that talent from me. I can barely draw stick people! :|

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My dad was good at drawing , my mom couldn't draw, but has the most beautiful cursive writing I've ever seen. She says it's because her tiny school had a penmanship award and she practiced to win it every year and did. (There were 12 kids in her graduating class)

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad was good at drawing , my mom couldn't draw, but has the most beautiful cursive writing I've ever seen. She says it's because her tiny school had a penmanship award and she practiced to win it every year and did. (There were 12 kids in her graduating class)
They say cursive writing is considered an art. My daughter's writing is not the neatest, though! She, on the other hand, always admires my handwriting! Funny how that works! ^_^ I was cursive writing in grade 4 I believe it was... nobody practices or teaches it in schools anymore. So sad.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've been sewing since I was 9. Also learned to knit and crochet, hand and machine embroidery, designed my clothes and made my own patterns. Made my husbands clothing, including jeans. Did a lot of macramé at one point. Made a lot of what was called God's eyes" or Ojos. Wooden dowels wrapped in yarns. Cooking, and I owned 2 restaurants and worked in several. I esp. go for Mexican or any Latin cooking, any cuisine that is hot really. Gardening, I used to grow and can everything I could. One time in North Dakota I had over 400 jars of everything that could be canned--except for meats, didn't like doing them. Don't do much canning anymore. Don't do much of anything anymore compared to what I used to do! I've slowed down considerably. Old age, sickness and a wheel chair got in the way---not to mention lack of money. Such a bummer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Too bad you weren't close by, you could teach my wife to sew and knit. We do alot of gardening and some canning, the blanching and vacuum sealing works well for us.

That's a good skill.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They say cursive writing is considered an art. My daughter's writing is not the neatest, though! She, on the other hand, always admires my handwriting! Funny how that works! ^_^ I was cursive writing in grade 4 I believe it was... nobody practices or teaches it in schools anymore. So sad.

I liked to draw and do calligraphy. I do less of both these days. Occasionally though I draw paperdolls for my youngest granddaughter. Lately I've been buying her reproductions of old paper doll children. Tonight I got an idea to super glue a piece of wood to the back to make the paper doll stand up; I'm using a like new Kindergarten block that no one plays with anymore.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Drawing is sooooo much fun. One time I drew a coca-cola can for my grandson because it's less femine than what I was used to drawing; it was also easier.

Upvote 0