England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to sound like a copycat, but my favorite book of the Bible is Isaiah also. I love the psalms too but I have stood on so many of the promises in Isaiah over the years.... especially Isaiah 43:2
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the rivers they shall not overflow thee, when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Praise God, what a promise!! The Word of God is full of so many wonderful promises amen?

Yes Isaiah is one of my favorites,among 65 other favorites!

I love (Isaiah 53:5)

'But He was wounded for our transgressions,He was pierced for our iniquities. Surely He bore all our sorrows and by His stripes we are healed! :clap:

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Yes Isaiah is one of my favorites,among 65 other favorites!

I love (Isaiah 53:5)

'But He was wounded for our transgressions,He was pierced for our iniquities. Surely He bore all our sorrows and by His stripes we are healed! :clap:

That's for sure, quietbloke! ... all the books! The Lord has shown me so much lately I'm finding myself in love with the books of Amos, and Obadiah at the moment. Our precious Lord must assuredly did suffer!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah is one of my favorite books, and Psalms, and Proverbs, and Zephaniah where it says God rejoices over us with singing

I agree, Zephaniah has some cool passages. I love Zephaniah 2:6 ... And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks. ... It just sounds so quaint and sweet.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Revelation is the most spiritual, Genesis comes in a close second place.

and they tie together frequently ... I just love Revelation ... it's taken me a long time to understand it, though, and I still struggle with parts ... but yes, it is definitely spiritual! God bless!

Upvote 0

Ed C.

Jul 20, 2008
U.S.A.
✟7,737.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ruth & Isaiah are two of my favorite books of the Bible. Isaiah is so powerful & healing. Ruth is one of the greatest love stories I have ever read. My favorite scripture is Psalms 139. It gives me strength when I am weak, it reassures me my God loves me no matter what!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Benoni

and they tie together frequently ... I just love Revelation ... it's taken me a long time to understand it, though, and I still struggle with parts ... but yes, it is definitely spiritual! God bless!

Here is another approch for you, let your spirit not your caarnal mind reach inwardly; for this is deep.

Revelations 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass (not 2000 years); and he sent and signified (signs and symbols) it by his angel (messenger) unto his servant John:

John was in Spirit on the Lord’s Day; this makes the Revelation a spiritual book; not literal, not carnal, not prophetic. Revelation or the unveiling of Jesus Christ; it is the most spiritual Book in all the Bible; and as I just said I always put Genesis in second place. It is a book full of hidden spiritual symbolisms and for those who have the spiritual eyes or ears to see or hear it. (notice those with spiritual eyes are singular; God is not calling system, he never has; He calls people, ecclesia or the out called.)

Yes there are literal Churches or assemblies; but there is a deep spiritual hidden message under the surface. Look closely at that first chapter and there are all kinds of foundations that establish revelations in this context Book of Revelations is the Revelation’s or unveiling of Jesus Christ with in us; not without.

This one little word is so reverent to the whole book Revelations; ‘signified” or signs and symbols. The Book Revelations can only be understood but as a very deep and awesome spiritual book by using signs and symbols that can only be found in the Bible. Where do you find these signs and symbols; all thought the Bible; written yes by the hands of deep spiritual men from many ages. But all with God’s anointing of God’s Spirit leading and guiding them; not some system of man and his religions.

This one little word is so reverent to the whole book Revelations; ‘signified” or signs and symbols. The Book Revelations can only be understood not as a book of prophecy, or literally; but as a very deep and awesome spiritual book by using signs and symbols that can only be found in the Bible. This is where so much confusion comes in, is a dragon; or is it an imaginary being that is a symbol to show us something beyond our carnal mind. What about the beast, or the false prophet; simple the beast is our carnal beastly nature with in us. That beast is the greatest monster the world has ever known; you have it, I have it, Billy Graham has it and so did Hitler; it is in all of us.
-"Revelation 2:1 carries right on with this, adding one more word to the phrase, "These things says He that HOLDS the seven stars in His right hand . . . " We note the word "holds"-- from the Greek "krateo" TO LAY HOLD ON. God has, and IS laying hold of, apprehending a people for Himself. They are becoming a part of His RIGHT HAND COMPANY. They are so held by Him, that His hand cannot move without them being moved with it. Furthermore, they don't move until the hand moves. But becoming totally one in the WILL of the right hand, when moved it is with all the ability, power, authority of that hand."
-Let us now try to point out a few things concerning this mystery. We are told that the seven stars are the seven angels of the seven churches. We are then told that they are in the Lord’s right hand. The Greek word for “angel” is “aggelos”, literally a messenger. The word “angel” is not the translation of the Greek word, only its English spelling. The term “right hand” speaks of power and strength. “Hereafter shall we see the Son of Man sitting on the RIGHT HAND OF POWER” ( Matthew 26:64 ) … The term “seven churches” speaks of the seven ( spiritual perfection ) church ages:
1. EPHESUS - APOSTOLIC CHURCH
2. SMYRNA - MARTYR CHURCH
3. PERGAMOS - STATE CHURCH
4. THYATIRA - PAPAL CHURCH
5. SARDIS - REFORMATION CHURCH
6. PHILADELPHIA - MISSIONARY CHURCH
7. LAODICEA - APOSTATE CHURCH
-We can now see and understand that the mystery of the seven stars speaks of God, throughout the church ages, laying hold of a remnant ( His messengers ), and elevating them to a position of power, strength, and authority.
"These stars shall give forth His light, HIS MESSAGE, to stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the power of His right hand. They shall abide-- not like unto those who rise up in a brilliant display to dash across the heavens, and burn out-- these are FIXED in God, positioned in the place He has prepared for them, and prepared them for. They are His sign of PEACE when the enemy would tread in the palace-- seeking to usurp the dominion. They shall destroy the adversaries with the brightness of their shining, and they shall restore righteousness in all the earth. "Peace on earth, good will toward men.

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah and Ezekiel. They reference the old ways a lot. The world age before this one. The ancient time. They helped me to understand things like how the dinosaur fits in the bible in relation to science. Daniel and Isaiah speak of those times, too. But Jeremiah and Ezekiel speak to me.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
bump_frog.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wade Smith

Aug 5, 2008
L.A.
✟1,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm.

I would have to say I have 3 or 4 favorites.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ
John's Gospel
Daniel
Joel

It's hard to really pick a favorite, because it is all the word of God, and theoretically should be of equal value, but I find that New Testament books tend to be far more of a blessing over all, but not necessarily exclusive. Maybe this is what Paul was referring to when he said that the Old was passing away. The New Covenant did away with the Old, and consequently the Old is mostly of historical value, though there are still many prophecies in it that have not yet come to pass, and many, many blessing there. The New Wine is better, because the New Covenant is established upon better promises and is already fulfilled in Christ.

John's Gospel and Revelation capture the deity of Christ, the Love of God, the Nature of God, the eternal power of God, and the Holiness of God like few other authors in the Bible, and he does it all at the same time. And above all, he speaks directly to the issue of the death of Jesus, the "Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world."(quoting John baptist)

Revelation is the most sustained book of prophecy in the Bible, and yet it speaks of the Cross more than any other prophecy book, and also speaks to spiritual warfare more than any other book. Revelation is a window into the mind of God and the history of things to come. Besides all that, it's the only book I know of that promises you get blessed just for reading, hearing, and keeping(obeying) it.

Upvote 0

Wade Smith

Aug 5, 2008
L.A.
✟1,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The term “seven churches” speaks of the seven ( spiritual perfection ) church ages:
1. EPHESUS - APOSTOLIC CHURCH
2. SMYRNA - MARTYRCHURCH
3. PERGAMOS - STATECHURCH
4. THYATIRA - PAPAL CHURCH
5. SARDIS - REFORMATIONCHURCH
6. PHILADELPHIA - MISSIONARYCHURCH
7. LAODICEA - APOSTATECHURCH
-We can now see and understand that the mystery of the seven stars speaks of God, throughout the church ages, laying hold of a remnant ( His messengers ), and elevating them to a position of power, strength, and authority.
"These stars shall give forth His light, HIS MESSAGE, to stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the power of His right hand. They shall abide-- not like unto those who rise up in a brilliant display to dash across the heavens, and burn out-- these are FIXED in God, positioned in the place He has prepared for them, and prepared them for. They are His sign of PEACE when the enemy would tread in the palace-- seeking to usurp the dominion. They shall destroy the adversaries with the brightness of their shining, and they shall restore righteousness in all the earth. "Peace on earth, good will toward men.

Let me find that letter I wrote a while back concerning the seven churches.

There is more wisdom in a single scripture thanwe will ever really understand in this lifetime.

When Jesus tells john to write to the seven churches, one must stop and wonder.

"Why were there seven churches?"

In all other scripture, we see a letter is addressed to a single "church" or else to the entirety of the "Church", but here we see letters addressed to "seven" churches.

Traditionally, this is taught as the number "seven" signifying completeness or perfection. HOwever, this does not properly apply, because the churchs are being rebuked for sin, and even very harshly. The number seven can also signify "totality" or even "indefinite", and in this context we see what Jesus was saying.

Ultimately, Jesus' is rebuking denominationalism, for the Church has been totally divided. We see "seven" different doctrines at "seven" different churches, each recieves at least a mild rebuke, with several being rebuked very sharply.

However, the point is, there are a myriad, and indefinite number, of doctrines that Jesus is here rebuking. Seven are mentioned directly, but "seven" does not mean "complete" or "perfect" in this context, but means "indefinite", or "a whole lot" or "every false way". as David wrote, "I hate every false way."

In the book of Acts, they were in "one accord" eleven times. After this, you see Paul pleading with them to be in "one accord," but they are never in "one accord" again.

In Acts they are in "one accord" eleven times, falling short of 12, which is God's number of Order and Government.

In Revelation, they are indefinitely divided, having "seven" churches and "seven" doctrines.

How could this happen?

Because almost nobody had "Ears to Hear," and among those who did, some didn't listen even then, and among those who did listen, nobody else would listen to them.

They had the "Laity Conquerers", who ruled by means of oppressive, unscriptural church governments.

They had the false prophets telling them to do all sorts of sinful things.

They had the church that really didn't care all that much. Wanted to be called "christian", but didn't want to live for God.

Every church had their own doctrine and their own philosophy, and nobody else could tell them any different...not even the Holy Spirit...not that He didn't try, they just wouldn't listen.

And so, a famine of the HEARING of the Word of God came. for 1900 years almost nothing of any consequence happened in the church, other than "christians" murdering "christians".

But then the Holy Spirit came once again at the end of the 1800's and in the early 1900's.

The Lord got hold of certain men and women who were willing to go the extra mile, not that they did anything of themselves, but that God did it through them by the works of Jesus Christ. to cry out to God on their faces hours on end interceding for a hurting and dying world, to go through to the baptism of the Holy Spirit when nobody had seen or heard it in hundreds of years. To preach something other than vain religion and rituals. to set at liberty those who are captive. to heal the broken hearted.

Some have called this the "latter rain" outpouring. But things have gone full circle. Just as the "former rain" Church fell into all these sins Jesus rebuked, so too has the "Latter rain" Church (assuming that application of scripture is correct at all).

Even among this great move of God, which became "pentecost", all the sins and wrong doctrines have resurfaced.

Satellite Christianity: man following the "big man of God" instead of following the Holy Spirit. The "Big man" stumbled, and everyone else fell. And kicked dirt in one another's faces, and I was more guilty than them all.

Witchcraft masquerading as worship.

The Spirit of God has been replaced by an evil spirit.

In many cases, the Glory has departed from the temple, and the "worshippers" never even noticed.

But the Father seeks those to worship in "Spirit and in Truth".

I will stand up for Jesus.

I do not count myself to have attained. Far from it.

"Christ died for sinners, of whom I am chief."

God is able to deliver even this generation. God is able to save not by the thousands nor even by the millions, but by the billions.

"God is able to save by few as well as by many".

I'm not so interested in people joining my favorite church. I'm interested in people joining the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ and his precious blood.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.