Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my favorite is the Psalms, i love the prayers and the praise to God. when i could not pray, i would read the Psalms out loud, over and over again, or i would copy them out into a notebook. the Psalms are true, and speak today, as the whole Bible does, but God particularly speaks to me through the Psalms.

Upvote 0

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I really like reading in Colossians too.

For this reason we also,from the day we heard it,do not cease to pray for you,and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
that you may walk worthy of the Lord,fully pleasing Him,being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
strenghtened with all might,according to His glorious power,for all patience and longsuffering with joy.

Colossians 1;9,10,11.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews, I just like how it goes into Faith, and holding fast to the Faith, not straying in unbelief or disobedience... and it reminds us of how the Saviour endured suffering, endured the Cross, and that we are not bleeding(most of the time) when we go through our trials and difficulties in life.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I really enjoy reading in James too.A lot of good everyday advice for us.

I just love the book of James! It's the book that gave me the understanding of faith, humility and facing trials ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews, I just like how it goes into Faith, and holding fast to the Faith, not straying in unbelief or disobedience... and it reminds us of how the Saviour endured suffering, endured the Cross, and that we are not bleeding(most of the time) when we go through our trials and difficulties in life.

Yes Hebrews is an encouraging book. I like how it starts with Jesus and in Ch.1:8 states,'But about the Son He says,''Your throne,O God will last for ever and ever and righteousness will be the sceptre of Your kingdom'. :)

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah is one of my favorites.

:wave: I think that was my first answer ... my problem is I just have so many parts of the bible I love ... I love Elijah ... I just think he's awesome! and yet I love John in Revelation ... can you imagine ... people must think you're nuts! lol! God bless!

Upvote 0

JoynTx

Joyfilled Believer
May 21, 2008
Texas
✟20,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want to sound like a copycat, but my favorite book of the Bible is Isaiah also. I love the psalms too but I have stood on so many of the promises in Isaiah over the years.... especially Isaiah 43:2
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the rivers they shall not overflow thee, when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Praise God, what a promise!! The Word of God is full of so many wonderful promises amen?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.