Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The woman of Revelation 12 is simply Israel throughout their origin to the coming forth of Christ.

I looked at the idea of the woman as the church...but she cannot be because "the woman" was in labor and brings forth a child. That Child is Christ!!! No one else in scripture is "caught up" to their throne except Jesus, and we see it in Acts 1:9
9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

The sun is Jacob...the moon is Rachel, the 11 stars are Joseph's brothers (with Joseph being the 12th star...that is the symbolism of Joseph's dream in Genesis 37:9-11. Why folks can't see that is strange!

The dragon is Satan! The picture here is more symbolism Satan working through Rome attempting to keep Christ from being born. This is in Matthew 2:16-19.

Just read the scriptures...and let them tell the story.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What you are bringing is confusion. The time, times, and half times is the second half of the 70th week of Daniel 9.

I don't know where you are getting "not open to discussion" in this forum. People can freely post their interpretations.

I was not referring to the forum... I was referring to individuals on the forum
who may not be open to discussion of long held misbeliefs.

Upvote 0

brian57

May 25, 2013
✟31,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 70 year clock began in 1967. Jerusalem is the fig tree in the parable of the fig tree.

I'm beginning to believe that your 1967 date may be more true than the usual 1948 date. If 1948 were correct then things should be falling apart a lot quicker than they are because we don't have much time left. But 1967 would give us more time for things to fall apart , for one example scientists predict that sea levels will rise by 20ft and that just doesn't look like happening any time soon , so I'm now thinking that 1967 makes a lot more sense and gives us more time for these things to take place.

I have also been looking at the 6000 yr scenario broken into 3 lots of 2000yrs each and if there were to be 2000 yrs of Christianity then that would bring us roughly to 2033 or there abouts , very close to your date.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 21:

That Child is Christ!!!

Actually, in Revelation 12:5, the "man child" isn't Jesus, for Revelation 12:5 isn't about past things, but is part of the "things which must be hereafter" (Revelation 4:1b). Revelation chapters 11-14 show from 4 different angles what will happen right before the start and during the future, literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5-8, Revelation 14:9-13), which will be in the latter half of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24.

Regarding Revelation 12:5 saying "who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron": Along with Jesus (Revelation 19:15, Psalms 2:9), the whole obedient church will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Revelation 2:26-29) on the earth (Revelation 5:10) during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6). Before the millennium, during the tribulation, at its midpoint, the 144,000 male-virgins part of the church will be caught up physically to the throne of God in heaven (Revelation 14:1,4,5, Textus Receptus) as the "man child" (Revelation 12:5-6), and as the firstfruits of the church (Revelation 14:4), in the sense of its best part (cf. Numbers 18:12).

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Israel is gonna receive a man ..a son of David who will be hailed as the promise messiah ....because of this ...God Will be upset with Israel....

This false messiah will become a false prophet...he will seek to lead Israel to worship a man ....the final antichrist....the false messiah will say he is God ...Israel will turn from thier false messiah....and seek gods true messiah who will come to rescue them

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jerusalem is the fig tree in the parable of the fig tree.

Who then are "and all the trees" in the parable?

Luke 21:29
And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

parousia70 said in post 26:

Who then are "and all the trees" in the parable?

Luke 21:29
And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

Note that in Luke 21:29, the original Greek word (pas: G3956) translated as "all" doesn't have to mean absolutely all, but can mean "all manner of" (Acts 10:12). And, indeed, all trees aren't deciduous, so that Luke 21:30 wouldn't apply to absolutely all trees. Also, in prophecy, various trees can represent nations (Ezekiel 31), so that Luke 21:29 can refer to the nations (including Israel) which gained or regained independence after World War II. Also, "these things" in Luke 21:31 include the never-fulfilled, worldwide events of Luke 21:25,26,35, which must occur right before Jesus' never-fulfilled 2nd coming (Luke 21:27, Matthew 24:29-31) and his establishment on the earth of the physical aspect of God's kingdom during the subsequent millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

We all know that Satan used Herod in his attempt to kill Jesus as a child , but what is your endtime view of Satan making war against those which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. How do you think he will do it?

My personal view is that Satan used Mohammad , but what is your view?

It's talking about the people of Israel in the last days....how they keep the commandments given them in those days by prophets sent to them......the 144000 will lead the people of Israel to deny the false religious powers that will be at this time.....

Satan is angry at them for not conforming to the worship of a man as God ...he makes war on them by setting up an idol In thier temple....

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

We all know that Satan used Herod in his attempt to kill Jesus as a child , but what is your endtime view of Satan making war against those which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. How do you think he will do it?

My personal view is that Satan used Mohammad , but what is your view?

My view is that this describes the battle of Armageddon which began when Jesus rose from the dead. It is a spiritual battle against Christianity, and it will end only when Christianity seems doomed (ie. spiritually surrounded).

Upvote 0