What is your current bible study curriculum?

Lost Squirrel

Seeking the 3rd satalite lock on God's GPS.
Jan 18, 2011
✟15,427.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are following a curriculum, what is it? Anything special for Lent?

For Lent, one of our groups is working with David Lose's "Making Sense of the Cross". We are enjoying excellent discussion!!!

My adult Sunday school is an open forum on the day's lectionary reading. I usually find a video or modern song which relates to one of the readings and we compare biblical times to today. Great opportunity for folks to ask questions or get clarification before they hear the sermon.

Our Weds morning group is on hiatus for Lent mostly because the retirees do not want to make two trips to the church that day, esp if we have snow. Otherwise, we are currently using Feasting on the Word - somewhat. We get off track easily, but in a really GOOD way. This group brings a plethora of knowledge and experience to the table.

Oct 5, 2009
Austria
✟7,619.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow a special curricullum. At the moment I study the book of Romans. I often get inspired by Christian books or magazines what I'm going to study next in the Bible.
But I do try to make a special effort during Lent to keep on track (which isn't easy with a family and a job).

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My church is doing the churches of Revelation. A really funny choice, I thought at first, since that normally seems like more of an Advent topic than a Lent one. But actually, it's looking kind of promising. Revelation isn't just about prophecy, after all; it's an introspective book when you really look at it, and it ties in better than I was thinking to the reflective self-examination traditionally expected during Lent.

Upvote 0