Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So what has your Baptist church been doing during the past weeks? And do they have plans in motion for the future?

We started off with having Youtube videos with worship songs, and the message from the senior pastor. That went for about a month. Last week we finally got the technology figure out enough to live stream.

We are slowing bringing back people. The two week ago it was the pastors’ families. Last week it was all of the staff and their families. This week will be even more member. We have removed all of the cloth chairs and replaced them with round tables and chairs, and they will be assigned to families for the time being. We may have to move down to the family center at some point, because it’s larger.

Also, Wednesday night prayer meeting is done via Zoom. I like that since I’m away on Wednesdays. And we have “Monday School” each week via Zoom, and have been doing a systematic theology class.

Not sure how long it will continue like this, but I’m definitely looking forward to the day I can rejoin my church family in person.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My church is still doing a recorded church service with worship songs and a sermon via Facebook. The Wednesday night AWANA is also recorded for the kids. This last week I made a recorded greeting for the group I teach, the Sparkies.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're still in lockdown for the next three weeks. Zoom and youtube meetings at the moment.
Edit: Zoom prayer meetings seemed odd the first time, but now six weeks in they're growing on me. It's good that the church are talking more about the return of the Lord, which I think is very relevant in these days, going through 1 Peter, there's a lot about the second coming in 1 Peter.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Pre-recorded sermons.
One guy with a guitar doing pre-recorded worship.
Zoom meetings once or twice a week.

At least, that's what I hear they're doing. I haven't actually looked. The governor still hasn't given churches permission to open at all. Until further notice I'll be attending a renegade non-denominational church in another county until my own church gets back to normal, assuming it ever does.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Pre-recorded sermons.

At least, that's what I hear they're doing. I haven't actually looked. The governor still hasn't given churches permission to open at all. Until further notice I'll be attending a renegade non-denominational church in another county until my own church gets back to normal, assuming it ever does.
I guess abandoning your church is one way to go.

Upvote 0

SWIll

Newish
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
SW Illinois
✟117,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a pre recorded Sunday service via you tube with the worship leader and two others doing the music. We have a call to worship, a confessional prayer and a benediction at the end. The lead pastor and two other elders have been taking turns bringing the message. Preaching through James right now. Talk about timely. Wednesday and Friday a Facebook live session and our small groups on Thursdays via Zoom. Saturday prayer time on Facebook live.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Where are they? They're gone. There's no church to attend. I can't abandon a church that doesn't exist.
Pre-recorded sermons.

Looks like you are the one who jumped ship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Looks like you are the one who jumped ship.
Yes, I jumped the nonexistent ship. I didn't go to the church service that wasn't held. I didn't walk through the locked doors. I didn't attend the empty Sunday school class.

In the meantime, I'm sure I demoralized the YouTube video, when the pre-recorded pastor didn't look out over the congregation and didn't see me. The pre-recorded worship leader might have been disappointed when he couldn't hear me not singing in front of my computer.

I'm not jumping ship. I'm still attending this church just as much as I ever could have, which is to say nothing. I'm going to another church, where people actually do have services, and people count, and attendance does make a difference.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I jumped the nonexistent ship. I didn't go to the church service that wasn't held. I didn't walk through the locked doors. I didn't attend the empty Sunday school class.

In the meantime, I'm sure I demoralized the YouTube video, when the pre-recorded pastor didn't look out over the congregation and didn't see me. The pre-recorded worship leader might have been disappointed when he couldn't hear me not singing in front of my computer.

I'm not jumping ship. I'm still attending this church just as much as I ever could have, which is to say nothing. I'm going to another church, where people actually do have services, and people count, and attendance does make a difference.
You are correct. You were never on the ship to begin with.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No one was.
Well, hopefully you’ll find a church where you can become a member, and not just an attender, one where you can be edified and edify while glorifying our Lord and Savior.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, hopefully you’ll find a church where you can become a member, and not just an attender, one where you can be edified and edify while glorifying our Lord and Savior.
In other words, to go back to the way things were, before everyone bailed and left me without a church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My church starts having church again next week. They are seating only every other row with social distancing and masks in place.

They are giving masks to anyone who needs one, but here I think everyone already has one since they made it mandatory to go out in public in any capacity. Myself and my husband have nice ones so we didn't look like "the people of walmart when in public".

They are asking those at highest risk to continue staying home though. (And of course anyone who has been in contact with a known case of COVID)

I have to agree with @nonaeroterraqueous though, I wonder about church now and feel less like I'm part of a community of believers who trust in God... it makes me wonder why bother going back at all if they cower in fear at the drop of a hat. God says we should put God before even our life and it just doesn't seem like I'm part of a group of people who believe that because when it matters they don't seem to agree. I just wonder about their faith at all..

seems more like motions they go through when its convenient than a faith they believe in... which causes me to wonder if I'm supposed to worship with them at all.

We probably aren't the only ones feeling this way either. Going to be difficult from this point forward for the church to explain the purpose of the church at all since it seems even they feel it serves no real purpose other than motions of convenience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wonder about church now and feel less like I'm part of a community of believers who trust in God.
Today, I attended a church that held its services in spite of the virus or the state orders. The faith in that group was pretty amazing. I feel better, now, than I have in weeks, just knowing that such people exist. I wish you could have been there.

Eventually, I assume, my old church will resume, but like you say, I'm no longer sure that I'm part of a body of believers who love the gospel more than life, itself. Nevertheless, I intend to return, if not as a brother, then at least as a missionary.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0