Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
... why is the world rejoicing and exchanging gifts when the two witnesses are killed and murdered? I'm just trying to understand how this world works ..
The "two witnesses" are the "law and the testimony" (God's word) and the world hates God's word:

Rom_3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The "two witnesses" are not actually human beings, but God's word was crucified in the streets of France in the French Revolution during the reign of terror:

Isa_59:14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

God's two witnesses, the word/law and prophecy are a light, a candlestick:

NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. - Psalm 119:105

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them. - Isaiah 8:20

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: - 2 Peter 1:19

In Zechariah 4, of which Revelation 11 is citing:

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. - Zechariah 4:6

In France, they truly, even rebelliously, rejoiced at the slaying of God's holy word, which is a type of Jesus, and thus Crucified him there in their legislative halls. It was not long after, that God brought them back to life, and exalted them before them all, historically documented -

"... The world, for the first time, heard an assembly of men, born and educated in civilization, and assuming the right to govern one of the finest of the European nations, uplift their united voice to deny the most solemn truth which man’s soul receives, and renounce unanimously the belief and worship of a Deity. ..." [Sir Walter Scott, Life of Napoleon, Vol. 1, Ch. 17; Page 239]- https://books.google.com/books?id=Kn...page&q&f=false

“... France is the only nation in the world concerning which the authentic record survives, that as a nation she lifted her hand in open rebellion against the Author of the universe. Plenty of blasphemers, plenty of infidels, there have been, and still continue to be, in England, Germany, Spain, and elsewhere; but France stands apart in the world’s history as the single state which, by the decree of her Legislative Assembly, pronounced that there was no God, and of which the entire population of the capital, and a vast majority elsewhere, women as well as men, danced and sang with joy in accepting the announcement.”—Blackwood’s Magazine, November, 1870 - https://books.google.com/books?id=7V...page&q&f=false

See also the documented historical evidence here - http://www.auss.info/auss_publicatio...nal=1&type=pdf

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'll give a good example. Adolf Hitler killed lots of people during WW2.

Then the world rose against Hitler and killed him. Germany surrendered soon after and the whole world celebrated the death of Hitler and the surrender of Nazis.

This only happened once in the entire history of Earth (unless I'm wrong).

So it goes to say that the Two Witnesses will be seen by the world, by everyone as evil mass murderers, probably seen as evil as Hitler.

The Two Witnesses would also kill a lot of people.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The "two witnesses" are the "law and the testimony" (God's word) and the world hates God's word:

The two witnesses would also kill a lot of people.

I think that is a bigger reason for the world to hate them.

Like Hitler killed lots of people and when he was defeated in WW2, the whole world celebrated his death and surrender of the Nazis.

Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Messenger with a Message from Jesus
Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
God's word is sharper than any twoedged sword. Fire proceeded from out of their 'mouth':

Jer_5:14 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

Rom_7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And are personified in Moses and Elijah. They visited our Lord during his earthly ministry and will again.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think that is a bigger reason for the world to hate them.

Like Hitler killed lots of people and when he was defeated in WW2, the whole world celebrated his death and surrender of the Nazis.
um so what are you saying? Lol
The two witnesses are in authority of the God who rules over the whole world and universe.. one who is under such authority by the creator of the heavens and Earth has every right to do such things because they belong to God and he gives them the permission to do so. And they don't kill people they probably have some testimony people will reject and because of that people will hate the two...that's like rejecting and crucifying Jesus all over again....and I believe Jesus said those who reject the ones he send are rejecting him also and remember Jesus said the whole world would be responsible for killing God's prophets so I assume a servant or vessels of him are not to be touched ..just because God hasnt intervene yet don't mean he wont later..he usually does these things at the appointed time which is his time...but I won't say anything else because I don't understand what you meant by that..I'll just keep my mouth closed for now on...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And they don't kill people they probably have some testimony people will reject and because of that people will hate the two...that's like rejecting and crucifying Jesus all over again....

I recommend you to read Revelation Chapter 11.

Because it says there, they will devour with fire and kill anyone who tries to harm them. They have the power to strike the Earth with plagues as often as they want and they will torment everyone on Earth.

The extent of supernatural gifts God can give to a chosen person, it seems many Christians have no clue. Consider this a helpful hint. Ironically, many Christians might even mistake the Two Witnesses to be the antiChrist and the dragon, lol!

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adolf Hitler was an Austrian-German politician who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945, and Führer ('Leader') of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. He killed himself by gunshot on 30 April 1945 in his Führerbunker in Berlin.[a][c] Eva Braun, his wife of one day, committed suicide with him by taking cyanide. ???

Death of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia
That was the official story. But his body was never found.

Adolf Hitler 'survived WW2 and LIVED in Argentina for 30 years' sparking FBI probe

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recommend you to read Revelation Chapter 11.

Because it says there, they will devour with fire and kill anyone who tries to harm them. They have the power to strike the Earth with plagues as often as they want and they will torment everyone on Earth.

The extent of supernatural gifts God can give to a chosen person, it seems many Christians have no clue. Consider this a helpful hint. Ironically, many Christians might even mistake the Two Witnesses to be the antiChrist and the dragon, lol!
I read that already and they aren't actually killing anyone, they are defending themselves from the harm of their enemies and it seems God is protecting them by giving them supernatural powers...but I think they just have a testimony....and the reason people will not believe who they are because most of this population is fake and chooses it's own..but remember God does not look at our outward appearance, he looks at our heart ..I don't care who you, if you are prophet or some vessel of God or possess some kind of rare and special gift most people won't accept you or believe because people don't believe anything beyond thier human capacity and there's a lot of jealousy among the world so most of them will try to kill you....I'm telling you there's a lot of stuff God will do and most of it will stop the world and shock the whole earth and because this world is built on error and far behind on the truth, a lot of people in this world will be in amazement and surprise ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Matthew ten Verseight

Messenger with a Message from Jesus
Aug 5, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
And are personified in Moses and Elijah. They visited our Lord during his earthly ministry ...
In a sense, yes, but they being Glorified (Luke 9:31), can die no more and do not come back another time to earth except at the 2nd Advent and 3rd Advent with Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While it's ok to mourn about the death of people in Mass shootings, why is the world rejoicing and exchanging gifts when the two witnesses are killed and murdered? I'm just trying to understand how this world works ..

Interesting question. I can't answer that because I do not believe Revelations was written about the 21st century but rather it was written about the first century and it is full of symbolism that the first century Christians understood but we don't

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I read that already and they aren't actually killing anyone, they are defending themselves from the harm of their enemies and it seems God is protecting them by giving them supernatural powers...

It took a man like Hitler for the whole world to celebrate his death.

Revelation 11:10
The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

Torment - to bring great suffering.

No, these witnesses won't preach and bore the whole world to death. I've never heard a preaching cause a huge number of people to suffer greatly. That never happens.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It took a man like Hitler for the whole world to celebrate his death.

Revelation 11:10
The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

Torment - to bring great suffering.

No, these witnesses won't preach and bore the whole world to death. I've never heard a preaching cause a huge number of people to suffer greatly. That never happens.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
Yes but go back and read that whole passage in revelations, it also said the world trampled and persecuted the holy city for 3 years, so maybe it has something to do with that and God sent these two men for revenge or something and it also said they wore sackcloth meaning problem they were in mourning or something...I don't know ok, but the hell you comparing these two witnesses to Hitler anyway? Was hitler sent from God? Was he under Gods authority? The scripture says they stand before God also, so they must be two witnesses who are in the presence of God everyday. Do you know what a witness is? A witness is someone who has witness something or someone who saw something or know something about something because they were there to witness that something and they didn't tormented tormented the world, because the world hated them, the world felt tormented in itself because they rejected the testimony the witnesses had..and the Bible also says they were martlyed by the devil and his clan so it must have been some Godly truth of it's kind, cause you know the devil is against God, his truths, the children of God and those on God's side..so if the Bible says the devil killed them, the world obviously must have took the devil's side.. it seems like you are against the two, do you have some sort of problem here for you to compare them to such a man as Hitler? Take a look around and see for yourself, most of this world is against God and the world is not your friend, my friend...and if God sees something wrong, he will be sure to correct it the way he pleases to...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
While it's ok to mourn about the death of people in Mass shootings, why is the world rejoicing and exchanging gifts when the two witnesses are killed and murdered? I'm just trying to understand how this world works ..
If a story and narrative exists that makes people feel good about themselves, they will rejoice that they're on the right side of history. Just like those people that gave birth to Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia and Mao's China did. They would encourage things that would support their popular belief system at that time. Whether it's mourning those that die for their cause or celebrate their view of justice that would eventually lead countless millions to their death.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I find in terms of "theology" since this is the "general theology" forum, the idea of it being okay for people to die because those same people are okay with other people dying is kind of a demonic way of thinking.

as Jesus said, the son of man came to save lives not destroy them. So don't feed into the destruction.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0