Aug 19, 2012
✟15,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Well, the Seals are responsible for his death - assuming he's even dead. We didn't get to see his body, as Obama, in his infinite changeness, decided that the American people - nay, the world - doesn't deserve confirmation of his death. He wsa more worried about Moslem sensitivity.

Bin Laden would have been killed, no matter who was in office. All that Obama had direct control of was his timing, and he timed it perfectly for a few short days after he released his long-form birth certificate.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bin Laden would have been killed, no matter who was in office.

Not according to the people who were in the room. Gates advised against the mission, saying it was too risky and the evidence too shaky. Obama was the one who ordered the additional helicopter support.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not according to the people who were in the room. Gates advised against the mission, saying it was too risky and the evidence too shaky. Obama was the one who ordered the additional helicopter support.

-Dan.

He actually cancelled it three times until going against Jarrett's advice.

How do Michelle Obama and Bill Clinton have the same approval ratings?!?!? I like both of them, but how does anyone hate on the First Lady?

-Dan.

I don't hate her, but she's got a bad habit of saying some offensive things, like the whole "First time in my adult life" comment, and apparenly saying "All that for a flag?" She's also very pushy with her healthy eating thing, which isn't bad in and of itself, but being pushy about something, even something you may be right on, annoys people. Scratch that. Especially something you're right on. She also took a lot of vacations while the economy was so bad. You can go "Oh, Bush did X" but he didn't when the economy was in such turmoil. It makes a really bad impression.

Last edited:
Reactions: Touma
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He actually cancelled it three times until going against Jarrett's advice.

There you go - it wasn't a foregone conclusion.

I don't hate her, but she's got a bad habit of saying some offensive things, like the whole "First time in my adult live" comment, and apparenly saying "All that for a @#%$! flag?"

I hadn't heard about the flag comment, but now I know why: because it's a load of crap.

But I guess people can hate on anyone for anything.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How was the question phrased, first of all? Second of all, PPP? :asd: Third, half the people on the street couldn't tell you who the VP is.

1. It is in the PDF.
2. Unless the margin of error is about 50% I am not seeing your point.
3. So Republicans are even more ignorant than the average person?

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
So in the latest PPP poll they asked who was more responsible for Bin Laden's death, Mitt or Barack? Of Republicans 15% said Mitt and 47% said they were not sure. That is 62% of Republicans that seem to be living in an alternate reality. Wow. Just wow.

I read

Barack Obama 63%
Mitt Romney 6%
Not sure 31%

Did I miss something?

Edited: I see it was the republicans polling numbers.

The bigger question is how can anybody give Romney credit? wow.

I though Bush killed bin Laden?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So in the latest PPP poll they asked who was more responsible for Bin Laden's death, Mitt or Barack? Of Republicans 15% said Mitt and 47% said they were not sure. That is 62% of Republicans that seem to be living in an alternate reality. Wow. Just wow.

That is the problem - most
American's do not pay any attention to our government. I watched an interview on the street the other night from one of the comedy programs - only 1 person out of 8 or 9 - could name the VP, even with them showing a picture of him.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
1. It is in the PDF.
2. Unless the margin of error is about 50% I am not seeing your point.
3. So Republicans are even more ignorant than the average person?

1) I can't open PDFs on my phone, sorry.
2) PPP is a tad... shall we say.. leftish?
3) Are you trying to get flamed or are you just that oblivious for how heated things get around this time? Because calling a third of the posters here such terms as "ignorant" is going to light this place up.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Some folks here seem to forget how polls are conducted. They call you, somehow tehy always to make it in the middle of dinner or some other even more inconvenient time. It is almost never you call them.

So those responding are almost for sure not thinking about politics.

In tha tcontext counting "Not Sure" as anything more than not being focused is a mistake.

Now those who answered Mitt had MORE to do with the death of Bin Laden are disturbing. Especially as all the previous questins had been Obama vrs Romney. IF some of the previous questions had been Bush realted I'd not be that disturbed by a 5-15% responce on a phone poll.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the Seals are responsible for his death - assuming he's even dead.
And who gave the Seals the order? Mitt!

We didn't get to see his body, as Obama, in his infinite changeness, decided that the American people - nay, the world - doesn't deserve confirmation of his death. He wsa more worried about Moslem sensitivity.
You think there should be a viewing for three hundred million people? Everyone of us could recognize the man on sight, right?

Bin Laden would have been killed, no matter who was in office.
No, the order would have had to be given and the resources allocated. Not every CIC thought it was important.

All that Obama had direct control of was his timing, and he timed it perfectly for a few short days after he released his long-form birth certificate.
Why not time it for the traditional October surprise?

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THere were 3 options. For those who think the Seal team deserved the credit there was no valid option. For those who thought Bush deserved credit there was no option. For those who thought CLinton deserved credit there was no option.

An option "none of the above" would have resolved this perceived problem.

Then again, you could have more folks like myself who will never answer a poll seriously.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't much care for phone polls because "Nuking them back the stone age" is never a valid option.

:sigh:
The Russians did that pretty well. Not actual nukes, of course, just ten years of regular bombings and killings (it's not murder if it's war! and eh, collateral damage!).

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married