Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't for the life of me fathom why someone so obviously and clearly anti-WoF would be posting in the WoF forum. But, you are entitled to ask questions per the forum rules. So I will answer them for you.
Atlantians said:
Doasn't all that descriminate against the other denominations and imply that they twist scripture, believe God is not true to his own word, ect?
No.
Atlantians said:
It seems loaded to me. Don't you think that that doctrine is rather elitist?
No.

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

lismore said:
Interesting points. If thats what WOF is, it seems well with me.

:)

See, lismore!

It really is what it says it is!

It's just too bad that so many believe one or two snippets from heresy hunters, or their own failure at prayer, to base their definition of WOF.

As I've said a bunch of times here, if one would just really listen to a full-of-integrity WOF preacher, take what he/she says to the Word, they will see it is not only totally biblical, but the way God desires His people to live!

:bow:

Upvote 0

Rosebaronet

May 18, 2006
Riverside
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Just so you know, I am not anti-WoF, I cannot stress enough, I believe in divine healing, and divine miracles. But I also believe in Sovergnty of God, in that God in His omnisience and love heals who He deems needs to be healed. I could become worse person if I wasn't disabled, or I could have sinned more, considering I was born in a Buddhist/Secular family. So at least in part, I am thankful for my disability, this is what i meant by higher purpose.

The Lord knows the best whom needs healing, no?

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Rosebaronet said:
Just so you know, I am not anti-WoF, I cannot stress enough, I believe in divine healing, and divine miracles. But I also believe in Sovergnty of God, in that God in His omnisience and love heals who He deems needs to be healed. I could become worse person if I wasn't disabled, or I could have sinned more, considering I was born in a Buddhist/Secular family. So at least in part, I am thankful for my disability, this is what i meant by higher purpose.

So I would assume that you do not believe God is still a God who makes and fulfills covenants, IOW He no longer reigns within the confines of a covenant.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rosebaronet said:

Hi Rose,

I think where we seem to differ is that I am not thankful for my disease. My disease is not what draws me to God. Rather, I am thankful for my loving Father, who draws me to Him with His goodness. It is the goodness of God that draws me to repentance, not disease.

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Yes, I believe God is with us in the midst of our disease and our circumstances. Yes, I believe He draws us closer. But it is GOD that is drawing us closer to Him, not our disease.

Upvote 0

Tatu

May 5, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,133.00
Marital Status
Private
When I see someone disabled at a WoF meeting I don't think anything unwell of them at all, on the contrary, I know they are believing for healing and I think they are strong.

Some people say wof lacks compassion towards the sick. I think it lacks compassion to tell someone who is sick that it might not be God's will to heal them.

Upvote 0

kooolfriend

Turning ashes into beauty
Jul 5, 2004
✟2,115.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It is not that disabled Christians must be healed from disability, but rather if disabled person want to be healed from it, there’s a real hope, as nothing is impossible with Him...
Because we believe that God does not pick particular person to heal them, but rather love everyone and is very willing to heal everyone.
Therefore when praying for someone, we will constantly fight/pray/stand/encourage no matter how long how short it takes, till that person receive completely his or her healing. We will never give up God’s promises, because what God promise, He do...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rosebaronet

May 18, 2006
Riverside
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
franky67 said:
So I would assume that you do not believe God is still a God who makes and fulfills covenants, IOW He no longer reigns within the confines of a covenant.
The Divine Sovregnty is not necessarily contradictory with Divine affection, Joseph was thrown in prison for 2 years, before he was released, God knows the best time to heal or not heal people. This is all I am saying, He will heal me if he thinks it's best time to do so.

I like divine healing, I love to see others getting healed, but because the Lord heals, or promise us blessings, does it mean He isn't sovregn? If I am not healed, can it not mean I am probably better off the way I am, for now at least? Can disability not be blessing in disguise?

I don't know if I am making sense, but I know the Lord always does the right thing at the right time, includes healing, healing the sick means that He is affectionate, but at the right time means He is sovregn.

Upvote 0

Tatu

May 5, 2006
Minnesota
✟16,133.00
Marital Status
Private
Rosebaronet said:
The Divine Sovregnty is not necessarily contradictory with Divine affection, Joseph was thrown in prison for 2 years, before he was released, God knows the best time to heal or not heal people. This is all I am saying, He will heal me if he thinks it's best time to do so.

See, you have a good point. Sometimes we simply don't know why it hasn't happened yet, so it's good to not speculate. Speculation hurts people.

Some people are healed instantly. I had to believe God for a long time. I don't know why.

But it's important to keep on believing God and not give up.

I do know that it made me very strong in the faith, and now I am so strong. I have real strength in the Word.

I like divine healing, I love to see others getting healed, but because the Lord heals, or promise us blessings, does it mean He isn't sovregn? If I am not healed, can it not mean I am probably better off the way I am, for now at least? Can disability not be blessing in disguise?

God's will is His word. So if you believe according with the Word that you are healed, then you are not violating God's sovereignty.

By the way, sickness hasn't ever been desrcibed as a blessing in the Bible.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
faithopelove said:
I consider myself charismatic (probably because I like the word "charisma"). But as for my particular church. I don't see any difference in what we believe and what WOFer's believe.
Word of Faith-ers ARE Charismatics. Altho some Charismatic churches may not all believe everything the same.

Upvote 0